Sign in to follow this  
bravozero

Low polygon police vehicles

I currently have 5 police vehicles in my fleet... 

Non-ELS CVPI (AI police)- 

Non-ELS Charger (AI police)- 

Taurus Stealth (me)- http://gtapolicemods.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=517

Taurus patrol (me)- http://gtapolicemods.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=516

F-250 Super Duty (me)- http://gtapolicemods.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2041

However from time to time I get major texture loss, especially when trying to spawn the Taurus after already having one spawned, and I have to restart the game. I have a medium-high end system and can run Battlefield 3 on high with no lag, just for reference. Anyway, I'd like to use some low-poly vehicles and I read that the CVPI from Driver San Francisco is lower poly than the standard CVPI that everyone uses. If this is true, are most, if not all, of the DSF models lower poly? The two non-ELS cars are for the AI to use because having them use ELS all the time caused the game to crash, so I'd like them to be as "resource-friendly" as possible but I'd like my personal vehicles to not be super high-poly either. I'm also using the Game4Video ENB and it seems to be a lot smoother than previous ENB's I've used.

DSF Yehicles converted by F5544 tend to be a lot lower poly because he put tons of time into trimming them down, so look for ones based off his conversions.

It is true that the driver sf cars have a lot less polygons, however it wasn't f5544 who reduced the polygon. That's how the DSF models are. They are "low-poly" accurate models. I'd rather call them mid-poly, while schaefft's cvpi is quite high poly.

Try memturbo-4 or cacheboost to help with memory leaks.  Search the forums, seems to help many whom have had the same problem (like me).  Memturbo4 works best for my system, after using both.  There is a tutorial on how best configuration settings somewhere in these forums.

I keep my modded cars under 1meg and no els except on one car, which is a really nice high-poly high detail MSP CVPI (thank you Nutt!!) in the nStockade slot.  I have no txture bug any longer since managing my modded cars a little better.

Good day,

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

Thanks guys. I decided to replace the Charger and CVPI with a base DSF CVPI non-ELS in both police slots, and the game seems to be running much smoother. I never noticed until I spawned Schaefft's Vic and the DSF Vic, side by side, the size difference. To be honest, the DSF model seems more accurate in size with the peds in the game, the original Vic seemed small for a "full size" sedan.