TakeYaBackToStation4BumVio

At a distance ELS does not emit coronas

Posted (edited)

I nearly have my ELS and visualsettings setup perfect. 

My last issue is the sprites coming from ELS cars fade out at stupidly close proximity. Yours truly's demonstration:

1137365875_GTA52019-01-0403-19-32-77.thumb.png.3e5b94291b3a14e39e91afbfe7d9c998.png

Perfection

2115033995_GTA52019-01-0403-19-24-19.thumb.png.1da67139a5194ec48449ba5aba626214.png

Nothing but env light

I've tried Not too bright, Radiance V and a few other visualsettings mods, and all my graphics settings are topped. Any ideas? thanks!

Edited by TakeYaBackToStation4BumVio

As far as I know ELS doesn't even use coronas. As to make them less dim at a distance. This is a little hard as Rockstar stuffed something in the code in one of the update that broke emissives. Only way I know of making it look OK  is to use Non-Els and have the corona behind the light. 

26 minutes ago, 0taku said:

As far as I know ELS doesn't even use coronas. As to make them less dim at a distance. This is a little hard as Rockstar stuffed something in the code in one of the update that broke emissives. Only way I know of making it look OK  is to use Non-Els and have the corona behind the light. 

Otaku, actually ELS does use LOD coronas to supliment when you get further away from the vehicle. They are placed where the axis is located for for the extra. Most people turn the detection distance to 800-900 as using LOD coronas in this manner causes floating coronas if the modeler do not pay attention to where the axis is.

8 hours ago, TakeYaBackToStation4BumVio said:

I nearly have my ELS and visualsettings setup perfect. 

My last issue is the sprites coming from ELS cars fade out at stupidly close proximity. Yours truly's demonstration:

I've tried Not too bright, Radiance V and a few other visualsettings mods, and all my graphics settings are topped. Any ideas? thanks!

To answer this problem, it is a little more difficult. In the visualsettings.dat there is a way to tweak the distance of the bloom but I am not 100% certain on how it works or how to do it. I personally have not experienced this problem on my system, so I cannot help further. What I would do, is make a backup of your visualsettings.dat file and search for bloom within the file and start tweaking numbers. If something gets screwed up, you always have your backup.

Posted (edited)

I looked at bloom settings but they do not effect my issue, any of them.

I tried downloading 

but this does not fix my problem either. 

Please can anyone tell me why my lights have bloom, glare or coronas whatever you want to call them, when you are close to the vehicle but when you get even 10 feet away they disappear? 

Edited by TakeYaBackToStation4BumVio

11 minutes ago, TakeYaBackToStation4BumVio said:

I looked at bloom settings but they do not effect my issue, any of them.

I tried downloading 

but this does not fix my problem either. 

Please can anyone tell me why my lights have bloom, glare or coronas whatever you want to call them, when you are close to the vehicle but when you get even 10 feet away they disappear? 

Do you have any graphic enhancements like VisualV, or NaturalVision Remastered?

1 hour ago, flwpheonix said:

and your post FX is high?

Yep. Distance scaling max. Particles and textures, everythings high/ultra

Please ELS gods cometh upon this thread and tell me where to adjust corona fade out distance!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, TakeYaBackToStation4BumVio said:

Yep. Distance scaling max. Particles and textures, everythings high/ultra

Please ELS gods cometh upon this thread and tell me where to adjust corona fade out distance!!!!!!

It's not the corona fade out distance that is the problem. The problem is your bloom distance.

9 minutes ago, flwpheonix said:

It's not the corona fade out distance that is the problem. The problem is your bloom distance.

Here's what I have for bloom:

bloom.threshold.min            0.4
bloom.threshold.expsoure.diff.min    0.0
bloom.threshold.expsoure.diff.max    0.0
bloom.threshold.power            0.4

bloom.blurblendmult.large        0.6
bloom.blurblendmult.med            2.0
bloom.blurblendmult.small        1.0

misc.coronas.screenEdgeMinDistForFade    0.95 (This one is inbetween bloom but says coronas!!)
misc.BloomIntensityClamp.HD    10
misc.BloomIntensityClamp.SD    10.00

This isn't a problem on your end necessarily. It is the way GTA 5 is. The emissive bloom fades out as you walk away from the source. I've tried looking through visualsettings and timecyc files to try and fix this but with no luck. If anyone would like to help out that would be great.

Okay all. I have a half-fix. Set bloom.blurblendmult small, medium and large to go up in .5 stages each from 1. Then set car default lights to around 5000 for night and 10000 for day, then for all car mods that have lit interiors or lights inside from a monitor or something, edit their textures where to reduce the brightness to nearly total blackness. In game the intensity will be 100 times the brightness then in an image editors' preview.

4 hours ago, TakeYaBackToStation4BumVio said:

Okay all. I have a half-fix. Set bloom.blurblendmult small, medium and large to go up in .5 stages each from 1. Then set car default lights to around 5000 for night and 10000 for day, then for all car mods that have lit interiors or lights inside from a monitor or something, edit their textures where to reduce the brightness to nearly total blackness. In game the intensity will be 100 times the brightness then in an image editors' preview.

Thanks, will try this out and let you know!

Hi @TakeYaBackToStation4BumVio So I tried your bloom visualsettings fix and it seemed to improve it slightly but maybe the values need tweaking even more, as well as other bloom values too. However something else I noticed is that the lights also lose their colour at a distance and will become a washed out grey/purple. Again, this may be fixed somewhere in visualsettings or timecycle but I don't know.

4 hours ago, TheHC09 said:

Hi @TakeYaBackToStation4BumVio So I tried your bloom visualsettings fix and it seemed to improve it slightly but maybe the values need tweaking even more, as well as other bloom values too. However something else I noticed is that the lights also lose their colour at a distance and will become a washed out grey/purple. Again, this may be fixed somewhere in visualsettings or timecycle but I don't know.

So, it seems we need to make a simple script. Something that says do nothing until player is 20+ feet away from their vehicle, then set bloom sizes appropriate to distance.