Ridgerunner

LASD/Liberty County Sheriff Ped

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

As a resident in LA County I approve.....not that my approval means anything or not but this is some mighty fine work.

The great thing about this and all your other works is your attention to detail on things you make.

[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img11/6045/zmodsig.png[/img]

Looks really great, good to see someone keen to make custom peds. I think many of us would love to see some plained clothed police, preferably with a minimal utility belt.

My plain clothes models will be a slightly different Detective model (with new heads) and I want to do a Task Force Officer model that will consist of plain clothes with the raid/assault vest probably with ball cap and kevlar helmet options (sort of like what CODMW2 had with the large Police/Agent/Sheriff patches).

As far as my other models I will release a motorcycle officer and a K-9 officer as well as a State Trooper model (which will probably look a lot like this model). This will keep me quite busy for awhile, summer is quickly approaching so less time inside (which will slow progress), but I'll keep working on these models until they're done or someone releases something better.

I'm also toying with the idea of modeling some new heads (but I don't know if I have time enough to be that adventurous). Right now you're limited to original model heads or other free 3d models heads which can be converted for GTA IV. More heads/faces though would help a lot with creating a more diverse/immersive game environment. Time will tell...

Cant Wait!

tumblr_lkbihyZ1D61qdo7yb.gif

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz 8-Core Processor / RAM: 420GB Corsair / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB / OS: Windows 10

Want to donate? I'll take one of this as a donation :) http://steamcommunity.com/id/LoneWolfSpecter/wishlist

[...] The great thing about this and all your other works is your attention to detail on things you make.

Yep, and that's exactly what I love to see: details! If you knew how long I've been waiting for new cop models! :biggrin:

This model would make a great LCPD officer. Just some texture work here and there, and voil

Edited by DerangedSomali

My plans for final release are to have multiple textures so that you can make minor alterations (ie;badge, patches) and have it look like your favorite department. So if you wanted officers with white shirts and black pants you'd just use those textures. Or maybe you want brown/brown Sheriff deputies it'll all be included with the final release.

If you just mapped the area around the left breast with very little (or, preferably, no) distortion, it'd be easy to make our own badges of any shape. Same with patches.

Also: will it be around the same poly count as the original cop model?

I'll test modifying a specific area, but you have to keep in mind that the skin modifier that they've added that allows the clothing to move with the model may have a great effect on that area distorting as the model moves. Using a set modeled badge would keep it the same no matter how the ped moves. I'll def test different things and see what I come up with. The added badge as a very minimal poly to the model, it's a very simple model (Just a little more work for me to make all of the optional badges).

Poly count should be fine, but the corded shoulder mics do add around 2K-3K polys, even with optimizing them as low as I thought they could go without making them look stupid. I'm not sure how much this will affect the game, again I don't think it'll be a problem but if you're running a crazy amount of high poly mods (cars especially) then there may be a potential issue, worse case scenario is that I can make straight corded shoulder mics as well (which would be far less polys). I've had the poly count in the back of my mind during the whole process so I've added the bare minimum to make this mod look right, but still add a lot of nice features.

Edited by Ridgerunner