Fiskey111

Community Policing Script

What do you guys think about a "community policing" script?  Like maybe a script that has ambient events that have you interact with people but in non-violent way (without being called).  I'm thinking like just talking to a person or asking them if they've seen someone who's wanted or other stuff that police officers do.   The not-so-fun stuff!  Any real police officers/people with police experience want to chime in?

I want to remind you all that I'm pretty busy so far - this is more of an area to get a concept/plan in place.  This is just a suggestion/discussion of the possibility of this sort of mod.  If another developer wants to take control of this let me know so I don't start working on it!

What do you think?  Would you like this?  Would it be fun?

Secondary Callouts FINAL V1.0.0.0 Download

PolicingMDT Download

LS Noir -- WIP Forum Post

If your work gets stolen, consider it a complement- someone saw how great you are and wanted to be like you.

I'd LOVE this. Also, I've been suggesting for some time now, a randomly generated "Wanted" notification for peds. What I mean is, you'd get a notification from dispatch (hopefully vocally) saying there's a wanted individual. It'd describe (from the ped pool) their general build, race, sex, and what they're wearing. Then it'd say their last known location (Davis for example) as the peds in GTA V spawn in their designated areas. I've tested the idea myself, by simply finding a ped on the street, and then telling myself to search for them in that general area again. Example I used

Black Male

Early 20's

Families Gang Member

White Tank Top

Blue Jeans (light)

White Shoes

Green Baseball Cap

Known To Frequent The "Davis-Carson Avenue" Area.

After about half an hour of occasionally checking back in that area, I sure enough found exactly who I was looking for. I got the idea from the show "First 48", in which they'd look for murder suspects with these general guidelines. If we could have dispatch send us notifications like these, and have the ability to check back (ask again) for the info, that'd be great!

Here's how I figured the call could go

"Attention all units, we have a wanted felon on the loose".

If you hit "Y", your unit would say (through text)

"Dispatch, this is (insert unit here) show me additional info on that wanted suspect"

Then, as above, dispatch would send you a random ped's description. No blips or anything, it's all just at the player's discretion as to whether or not a ped walking/driving fits that description.

Edited by Steele1925

On 3/27/2016 at 1:14 AM, fiskey111 said:

What do you guys think about a "community policing" script?  Like maybe a script that has ambient events that have you interact with people but in non-violent way (without being called).  I'm thinking like just talking to a person or asking them if they've seen someone who's wanted or other stuff that police officers do.   The not-so-fun stuff!  Any real police officers/people with police experience want to chime in?

I want to remind you all that I'm pretty busy so far - this is more of an area to get a concept/plan in place.  This is just a suggestion/discussion of the possibility of this sort of mod.  If another developer wants to take control of this let me know so I don't start working on it!

What do you think?  Would you like this?  Would it be fun?

great idea