VWking

Unexplained Crashes

Afternoon,

I'm hoping some of you might be able to help me shed some light on a strange crash I seem to be having.

Before I go into detail about the problem, I thought it might be useful to provide a checklist of my current setup.

• Basics
  • GTA V (Retail - Build 618)
  • LSPDFR 0.3.1
  • RPH 0.37.885.6928
  • ScripthookV v1.0.678.1
  • ScriptHookVDotNet v2.5.1
  • Scripts / Misc
  • BVA V1.50
  • OpenCameraV
  • OpenInteriors
  • TrainerV
  • LSPDFR Plugins (all up to date)
  • Arrest Manager
  • Assorted Callouts
  • AutoPursuitBackupDisabler
  • PoliceRadio
  • Secondary Callouts
  • Traffic Policer

On to the problem... whenever I am patrolling 'Route 13' / 'Senora Freeway' the game crashes, I can be playing for hours, but as soon as I hit Route 13 the game crashes. The first time this happened I was using Police Radio, so naturally I removed this thinking it would fix the problem but it hasn't.

I have tried the following, but none of these have fixed the problem:-

- Clean install of LSPDFR and RPH
- Vanilla game running LSPDFR and RPH
- Removing all LSPDFR plugins
- Removing Scripts
- Removed all car / texture / graphic mods

Any help is greatly appreciated.

VWk.

**picture of the 'problem area' - highlighted in orange.

Spoiler

vwk-route13.png.76e2340963672cb2c73a1567

Me too. Whenever I hit the prison area and some parts of Sandy Shores my game crashes but I Haven't had such issue in the city. My guess would be something to do with RageHook plugins update cause it didn't seem to happen on 0.36.

Hey Guys,

I have also experienced the dreaded crash, just after the prison. Right as you pass under the 'Hell Awaits' sign. As my game was heavily modded with open iv, scripts and lspdfr plugins, it has been a nightmare trying to pin down these crashes.

I have though been playing for over three hours with no crashes and open iv mods and lspdfr plugins by doing the following.

Hold shift when you start the game with rage and bring up the settings menu. Click advanced settings and tick the following: Disable counter measures against online vehicles being removed in singleplayer.

Do not preload LSPD first response at start. (Run once in game using console command). I have not tried loading first response automatically as I was just so relieved to not have any crashes.

@VWking I would definitely not try this with open interiors.

Hope this works for you chaps

Ah glad I'm not the only one with these problems.

@pjrthefox - thanks. I'll give that a go.

I didn't realise the new version of RPH came with the counter measure for DLC vehicles. TrainerV uses a work around to spawn DLC vehicles in game so the RPH option isn't actually needed for all those also using TrainerV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**UPDATE**

The problem appears to be RPH conflicting with either TrainerV or ScriptHookV itself. It has something to do with the way in which DLC vehicles are unlocked for SP use in game, as I believe they each use different methods of doing this.

**THE FIX**

Thanks to @pjrthefox - make sure that you select the following in RPH advanced settings:-

rph-fix.png.d5c59387b1bc6117ee69d30e4b54

You can still load LSPDFR at startup - I have tried and tested.

Crashes have disappeared (for now) as long as 'Disable counter measures...' is selected.

Edited by VWking
Update

I wish I had spent a little more time on the forums, as Albo1125 had already posted the same fix on Saturday. I could have saved myself 2 days of pain.

@VWking Tested with auto loading of LSPDFR, all good. Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, pjrthefox said:

@OfficerLawry Are you able to actually load the game or does it crash while loading?

Have you removed all your plugins that have not been updated to Rage 37?

the plugins and everythhing are up to date if i take them out or dont load tthem they work fine. however midway loading into the single player is when i get the crash. everything is up to dtae and there should be no reason for these plugins to crash

yeah, you need to cut and paste the mods folder to your desktop. This way if the error is still there, you can put it back without losing your rpf mods.

If you didn't update your mods folder after the last R* update, your game will not load

1 minute ago, pjrthefox said:

yeah, you need to cut and paste the mods folder to your desktop. This way if the error is still there, you can put it back without losing your rpf mods.

If you didn't update your mods folder after the last R* update, your game will not load

and I should load all my plugins? to see if they work without mods?

4 minutes ago, pjrthefox said:

Yeah even without the mods the plugins dont work

1 minute ago, pjrthefox said:

Has your game loaded?

everything loads fine its when single player is loading it crashes even without mods its definetrly the plugins

I don't follow you, sorry. It crashes before it loads the game and your mods folder is no longer in the main gta v directory?

Can you upload a screenshot of your gta v directory?