Mobile Data Terminals?

Kyben

Howdy folks,

Noticed something while playing this evening which unfortunately has just served as another distraction for me, but it's also pretty awesome and I reckon people who play in first person (oddly enough, not usually me...) would be pretty interested if something could be done.

What I noticed was the radio thing in Michael's car (Obey Tailgater) actually displays the station, song, etc. and updates as the songs change and things. As you all no doubt know, I'm still very much an amateur at all this and learning but to my mind, that means that there'd be a way to  get in and set something similar up for an in car data terminal that could show results of name and plate searches and dispatch info when getting calls...

Again, being so new I have no idea where I'd look to find that information but thought I'd toss the idea out there. I imagine it would take a bit of collaberation between folks making the callout plugins or whatever ends up using it as well as the vehicle modellers but beyond that, no idea. If no one else runs with it I might pick it up and run with it when I eventually get my little callout pack out.

4 minutes ago, Kyben said:

Howdy folks,

Noticed something while playing this evening which unfortunately has just served as another distraction for me, but it's also pretty awesome and I reckon people who play in first person (oddly enough, not usually me...) would be pretty interested if something could be done.

What I noticed was the radio thing in Michael's car (Obey Tailgater) actually displays the station, song, etc. and updates as the songs change and things. As you all no doubt know, I'm still very much an amateur at all this and learning but to my mind, that means that there'd be a way to  get in and set something similar up for an in car data terminal that could show results of name and plate searches and dispatch info when getting calls...

Again, being so new I have no idea where I'd look to find that information but thought I'd toss the idea out there. I imagine it would take a bit of collaberation between folks making the callout plugins or whatever ends up using it as well as the vehicle modellers but beyond that, no idea. If no one else runs with it I might pick it up and run with it when I eventually get my little callout pack out.

I'm not too sure about how to do that at all.  Personally I'm working on a project to create an MDT.  It's very much a WIP/Test of the concept, but it's going well so far.  Here's a sneak-peak at it:

Spoiler

mdt1.jpg.51e83fbe291fc64df2479dd014d5ea7mdt2.jpg.d23991a2b29c711dbb291996ace69e5mdt3.jpg.d4b09592c42243ba393f5614e206a4e

There are no natives that I can find that handle the data put through to the car stereo system. Only the audio ones that control radio station and song. You'd also then need to know how to send this data to a police computer screen rather than a radio unit because cop cars don't have radios like the high end cars do.

In short. Don't think this is possible. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

Live Streaming daily from 8pm GMT (UK) at https://twitch.tv/OfficialLukeD - I play a variety of things 😄

Join my official discord server for support, general chat and my stream schedule! https://discord.gg/Mddj7PQ

I couldn't see much on it either but assumed I was looking in all the wrong places. Bit of a shame really, as cool as Fiskey's thing is, it'd be awesome to the pass that through to a little thing sitting next to the dash so if you're hooning along in first person hauling ass to the job it could be getting updates and stuff, but I suppose most of responses are pretty short in the game anyway... and not generally a huge amount to update with.

Also, Fiskey, looks really friggin' cool. 

5 hours ago, Kyben said:

I couldn't see much on it either but assumed I was looking in all the wrong places. Bit of a shame really, as cool as Fiskey's thing is, it'd be awesome to the pass that through to a little thing sitting next to the dash so if you're hooning along in first person hauling ass to the job it could be getting updates and stuff, but I suppose most of responses are pretty short in the game anyway... and not generally a huge amount to update with.

Also, Fiskey, looks really friggin' cool. 

I definitely agree - the biggest issue with the plugin idea of using the laptop is what would happen if you didn't have one?  I don't know if we're capable of detecting specific parts of a car.  Hopefully this can be a thing sometime though, good luck!

I haven't actually tried calling functions from LSPDFR yet, so realistically this all could not work, haha.  I don't see why it wouldn't but who knows!  It's a very, very, very slow WIP.  I wouldn't expect to see it semi-completed for a number of weeks.