sjain

GTA 5 Dead :(

My GTA 5 Install auto updated - now I've lost ALL of my mods. I have a backup of update.rpf, but not my sound or weapon files, and I pasted in my old GTAVLauncher.exe and GTAV.exe and steam hangs on 'Preparing to launch GTA 5' and Ragehook doesn't work... Any help for downgrading? Very annoyed :@ 

Edited by N4Cer

This happens every time theres a stupid GTA Online update. RPH is a piece of shit that never works. You can backup your old game all you want, but the revert never works. Basically cockstar is forcing unwanted updates on us and ruining the modding community. Makes GTA unplayanle on PC.

21 minutes ago, N4Cer said:

My GTA 5 Install auto updated - now I've lost ALL of my mods. I have a backup of update.rpf, but not my sound or weapon files, and I pasted in my old GTAVLauncher.exe and GTAV.exe and steam hangs on 'Preparing to launch GTA 5' and Ragehook doesn't work... Any help for downgrading? Very annoyed :@ 

this is why we use a mods folder...

12 minutes ago, Izhevsk said:

This happens every time theres a stupid GTA Online update. RPH is a piece of shit that never works. You can backup your old game all you want, but the revert never works. Basically cockstar is forcing unwanted updates on us and ruining the modding community. Makes GTA unplayanle on PC.

revert works fine for me... it's quick easy and steam doesn't re-update

i am not sure what izhevsk is on about. I run out of a mods folder so I dont have to reinstall everything, I generally have to put the new update.rpf in my mods folder and re-add a few things like 'better stun gun' and "no cross hairs" but all my car and audio mods still remain intact.

Not everyone is using the Steam version. The revert DOES NOT WORK. RPH shut down their website too, if you haven't noticed.

1 minute ago, Izhevsk said:

Not everyone is using the Steam version. The revert DOES NOT WORK. RPH shut down their website too, if you haven't noticed.

check their twitter. they released a tool. and have updated about their website

19 minutes ago, Izhevsk said:

im playing lspdfr 0.3 right now on a back upjust have to read luke d how to avoid rockstar updates on this website

Yes, I'm aware of that thing they released. It does NOT WORK. Well, it does, it reverts back to version 573 or whatever, HOWEVER, the Rockstar launcher then takes over and RE-DOWNLOADS the update, so it doesn't work.

33 minutes ago, Izhevsk said:

Yes, I'm aware of that thing they released. It does NOT WORK. Well, it does, it reverts back to version 573 or whatever, HOWEVER, the Rockstar launcher then takes over and RE-DOWNLOADS the update, so it doesn't work.

ok, there are guides out there. just search. or use the steam version. or a mods folder...

Edited by Play3r2

5 minutes ago, PHiLLYFaN20 said:

im playing lspdfr 0.3 right now on a back upjust have to read luke d how to avoid rockstar updates on this website

Well whoopdy fuckin do lemme guess you're playing on the steam version right? Everyone with the disk version is fucked, YET AGAIN.

Well whoopdy fuckin do lemme guess you're playing on the steam version right? Everyone with the disk version is fucked, YET AGAIN.

no.... just read this:

Edited by Play3r2

3 minutes ago, Play3r2 said:

no.... just read this:

Important Notices:
This is verified to work with the STEAM edition of GTA V, I cannot verify that it will also work with the RGSC edition, however if users report that it works I will update this thread to suit the requirements.

It literally says at the top that this ONLY works with the Steam version. So again, my point is that everytime an updated is crammed down our throats, those of us with the retail CD version are fucked. And they wonder why people pirate games. They've fuckin ruined modding completely with this always online shit.

Important Notices:
This is verified to work with the STEAM edition of GTA V, I cannot verify that it will also work with the RGSC edition, however if users report that it works I will update this thread to suit the requirements.

It literally says at the top that this ONLY works with the Steam version. So again, my point is that everytime an updated is crammed down our throats, those of us with the retail CD version are fucked. And they wonder why people pirate games. They've fuckin ruined modding completely with this always online shit.

again. make a backup. 

9 minutes ago, TheDude said:

i have the steam version but i just revered within ragehook's launcher. works fine that way (as long as you had a backup)

bea2d533cf.png

there. and before you say "oh but I have disk version! fucking awful developers breaking support for a thing not allowed in the first place" the RPH launcher works exactly the same way on the disk version. and if you didn't make backups. then you're quite simply an idiot. what did you expect would happen?

7 minutes ago, Izhevsk said:

Holy fucking shit, can you read? I made a backup. IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK. IT NEVER DOES. EVER. THIS IS THE FOURTH FUCKING TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED. WHAT DON'T YOU GET ABOUT THAT?????

it works for literally everyone else. so you're just having issues

oh and here's the infrastructure manager...

7 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Works fine for me on retail version. 

• Use this patch to revert
  • Let the Rockstar DRM log in to social club, then cancel when it starts updating.
  • Block The Rockstar Launcher from your firewall, or simply disconnect from the Internet.
  • Restart RPH.
  • ???
  • Profit!

Edited by Play3r2

3 minutes ago, Play3r2 said:

there. and before you say "oh but I have disk version! fucking awful developers breaking support for a thing not allowed in the first place" the RPH launcher works exactly the same way on the disk version. and if you didn't make backups. then you're quite simply an idiot. what did you expect would happen?

There is three simple rules to modding with no issues.

1.backup

2.Backup

3.BACKUP!

14 minutes ago, Izhevsk said:

well before i posted my comment noone made it clear that u had a retail version im not a mind reader

Edited by PHiLLYFaN20

2 minutes ago, Izhevsk said:

I DID BACKUP MY GAME. Guess what, I click on revert to old version. Guess what? The rockstar launcher pops up and FORCES ME TO DOWNLOAD THE FUCKING UPDATE AGAIN. It does not fucking work, and those cocksuckers that make RPH are a bunch of fucking LIARS!

block the launcher in your firewall, or just disconnect your net until the game loads up.

Edited by TheDude

3 minutes ago, TheDude said:

block the launcher in your firewall, or just disconnect your net until the game loads up.

thank you. someone else reasonable. I already suggested that but glad to hear it from someone else

I'd like to know what universe you guys are in. I blocked it on my firewall, and it still opens to update. If I cancel the update, then the launcher and RPH closes and the game does not launch.

I'd like to know what universe you guys are in. I blocked it on my firewall, and it still opens to update. If I cancel the update, then the launcher and RPH closes and the game does not launch.

we're in the universe where we behave calm and rationally, and troubleshoot properly, and listen to advice.

Oh yeah, troubleshoot properly, because this isn't the fourth time this has happened to me or anything. The only thing that works for me is unistalling the entire game, and reinstalling it and all of my mods, because RPH backup doesn't work, blocking the launcher on firewall doesn't work, nothing works. So like I said before, everyone that has the disk version is screwed. So you tell me why 4 times in a row now it doesn't work for me.

@Play3r2 @Izhevsk Seriously??? You just start a flamewar?!?!?!? I saw your post @TheDude my backup don't seem to work can you PM me the files? I can re-install mods etc... I really need the files :( I have no working backups :(

Edited by N4Cer