Stealth22

Holding 'E' to stop a ped also affected other drivers

@Sam, I don't know how difficult this will be for you or @LMS to reproduce, but I thought I should bring it to your attention anyway.

I was doing some testing on one of my new callouts the other day. I was trying to 'stop' my ped by holding down E on the keyboard. It worked and all, but a few drivers passing by also parked their vehicles and stepped out. I was under the impression that this feature was supposed to only affect peds that were on foot.

Now this may have just been a one-off, but I wanted to let you guys know anyway.

I was definitely running LSPDFR 0.3, and RPH 0.34. It was 2 or 3 days ago now, and I don't remember exactly when it was, so I doubt I'll be able to provide you with a log.

If I see it again, I'll definitely save the log file for you, though. It happened on the freeway just outside Sandy Shores, if I remember correctly.

It's whoever is in the direction of the camera (or view point) when pressing E, is who will stop if that makes any sense.

It was in 0.2 as well. I find it a pretty easy tool to get people out of their vehicles without ripping them out or putting a gun at them. 

It was already this way before 0.3, when I am on a road I always try to place myself the furthest from traffic or I wait for the nearest vehicles to move. If I stop other peds I just deal with them first by giving them a warning so that they can get back in their vehicle ASAP instead of blocking traffic.

It's kinda annoying but at least we got used to it. I am much more annoyed by the new feature of 0.3 that uses E both for arrests and opening the back doors of our car. I can't count how many times I have placed myself into cover behind my car, while pressing E to order a suspect to give up... only to end opening my door. I think E is starting to be used for a little too many things, it should be a different key for the door at least.

Edited by DLM3

I know it was this way before 0.3. One of the changes in 0.3 was to make it not affect peds that were in a vehicle...

http://www.lcpdfr.com/lspdfr/features/

Stop & Identify

• A short progress bar will now be filled when stopping pedestrians
  • Occupants of vehicles will no longer be affected.
  • You can now arrest suspects directly from these interactions (see below)

Happens me too. Good thing is if you give them a warning, they'll drive off, but any passengers walk away, which is annoying

5 hours ago, DLM3 said:

It was already this way before 0.3, when I am on a road I always try to place myself the furthest from traffic or I wait for the nearest vehicles to move. If I stop other peds I just deal with them first by giving them a warning so that they can get back in their vehicle ASAP instead of blocking traffic.

It's kinda annoying but at least we got used to it. I am much more annoyed by the new feature of 0.3 that uses E both for arrests and opening the back doors of our car. I can't count how many times I have placed myself into cover behind my car, while pressing E to order a suspect to give up... only to end opening my door. I think E is starting to be used for a little too many things, it should be a different key for the door at least.

This. Stay near a vehicle. Hold E to get the passenger out after you arrested the driver for example. He is in front of you. You press E again to interact (Kifflum!!!!) ...you open the back door for no reason...always :/

Quick question.   I have this issue also where I stopped in front of a ped, tapped E and about 4-5 others are now standing around like zombies and won't walk away.

How do you make others walk away and not stand there?

6 minutes ago, joejccva71 said:

Quick question.   I have this issue also where I stopped in front of a ped, tapped E and about 4-5 others are now standing around like zombies and won't walk away.

How do you make others walk away and not stand there?

Like DLM3 said: Give them a warning and they drive/walk away.