Rossb17

Cannot Change Liveries

i downloaded BXbugs cvpi and UMcvpi they work awesome in game but the default Liveries show up...i go to open IV and it shows my skins i put in? lost as to how and where its overwriting them

they are there ingame. easiest way to get to them is from simple native trainer in the vehicle options there is a tab called 'liveries' or something along the sorts. another way is when picking the car in the lspdfr police station garage hit enter when you have that police car selected which will cycle through paint jobs, instead of hitting left or right to select new cars. its also possible that your carvariations.meta has a limited number of liveries set to that vehicle. there should be a bunch of lines of code along the lines of this, one 'true' for each livery available.

<colors>
        <Item>
          <indices content="char_array">
          </indices>
          <liveries>
            <Item value="true" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
          </liveries>
        </Item>
        <Item>
          <indices content="char_array">
          </indices>
          <liveries>
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="true" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
            <Item value="false" />
          </liveries>
        </Item>

Edited by TheDude

2 hours ago, TheDude said:

its also possible that your carvariations.meta has a limited number of liveries set to that vehicle. there should be a bunch of lines of code along the lines of this, one 'true' for each livery available.

I'm still not sure about that myself. I swear that I see a variety of liveries spawned on vehicles even with only one color item entry.

5 hours ago, Rossb17 said:

i downloaded BXbugs cvpi and UMcvpi they work awesome in game but the default Liveries show up...i go to open IV and it shows my skins i put in? lost as to how and where its overwriting them

Did you put his vehicles in patchday3 for the sheriff model and x64e for the unmarked? If so, try looking in patchday8, that's where I found his vehicles (both sheriff and police4) and only then my textures I wanted in game actually showed up when I replaced those models.

24 minutes ago, purplepotatoes14 said:

Did you put his vehicles in patchday3 for the sheriff model and x64e for the unmarked? If so, try looking in patchday8, that's where I found his vehicles (both sheriff and police4) and only then my textures I wanted in game actually showed up when I replaced those models.

I used the auto installer thru open iv and where ever it put them its solid lol i even changed the model of the sheriff in x64e and patch3 and still doesnt change the model....thanks for the advice ill check patch8 havent looked there yet