Steele1925

Traffic Disappearing

So I have an odd glitch, and I'm not sure what's causing it. Whenever I perform a traffic stop, the entire city becomes a ghost town, until that stop has finished. An example...

(I use a controller)

1) Press A

2) Turn on lights

3) Vehicle pulls over

4) Notification to exit vehicle and speak with suspect appears

5) All traffic despawns, and the city is a ghost town.

6) Press A again (releasing the driver from the stop)

7) Traffic immediately begins to spawn again

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm not sure what's causing this.

I have triple checked, to make sure the option for "Close Nearby Roads" is not turned on. It's off. Tried to toggle it on and then off, to no effect on the traffic stops.

(LSPDFR 0.3)

It's one of the things that was added, performing a traffic stop basically closes the roads automatically. I think it was originally intended to stop traffic from getting stuck behind you/running into everything, but it would appear it's working a bit too good.

4 minutes ago, SuperStumpje said:

It's one of the things that was added, performing a traffic stop basically closes the roads automatically. I think it was originally intended to stop traffic from getting stuck behind you/running into everything, but it would appear it's working a bit too good.

Lol that makes sense. Thanks Stumpje :thumbsup:

Is there really no way to fix this total despawning ? Same thing happens to me, on highways it looks even funny when big mass of cars is making u-turns on both lanes but when i perform traffic stop in other places it just turns environment into ghost town

True, traffic jams are not a problem. There is Traffic Policer which allows to stop car in any good place. Also this is a part of immersion and realism - real traffic officer cares about correct and safe place to stop too. As greenman said, it should be fixed ASAP. 

Yeah this is kinda weird and "a bit" over the top. I do not use the new "close roads" feature. I stick with traffic control. Much nicer cause you could slow down the traffic aswell.

I´ve figuered out, that as soon you ask the driver to leave the vehicle, the traffic is back. 

But really, this dead world thing suddenly is....:wacko:

3 hours ago, KMX said:

True, traffic jams are not a problem. There is Traffic Policer which allows to stop car in any good place. Also this is a part of immersion and realism - real traffic officer cares about correct and safe place to stop too. As greenman said, it should be fixed ASAP. 

Nicely said. This feature isn't so good.

Same thing here. I'm running barebones LSPDFR 0.3 too.

I notice that the moment you initiate a traffic stop, any traffic around you going in the same direction stays on screen but traffic behind that disappears. In some instances, you can see the headlights distance vanish.

In some instances they will turn around and the first available place to do so.

This doesn't always happens to opposite direction traffic but when it does, they are making a u turn at the first opportunity.

The moment the traffic stop is ended with one of the following:  1. you issue a citation / warning; 2. you make an arrest 3. you begin a pursuit, the traffic patterns return to normal.

I agree with earlier poster that this is way over the top to help players prevent traffic jams or other accidents during a traffic stop. Having traffic going by you during should remain part of the game.

No worries folks, the devs have already said they are without a doubt reading these pages, and I'm sure they're busy with A LOT of small fixes here and there for their next hotfix. I'm sure they'll well aware of this, and they never meant to give people a bad experience. They were trying to help with people being run over by GTA's illogical AI, and this feature was a "Swing and a Miss". They'll get it :thumbsup: .

That having been said... If only Albo was on the Dev team :woot:

53 minutes ago, KMX said:

Guys, it's finally fixed! Time to party

Awesome!

Are you running any plugins?

There were a couple of guys on here last night that uploaded 03.1 and were having issues starting their games or crashing when the plugins tried to load.

I might hold out until I know my plugins are working with the latest version. As much as I want the traffic back in my traffic stops, I'd rather play the game without it than not at all.

Actually im installing and testing everything. I'm using mods like: arrest manager, traffic policer, police radio, morecontrol, vehicle search, emergency strobes and some callouts. Everything works just perfect for this moment.

11 minutes ago, KMX said:

Actually im installing and testing everything. I'm using mods like: arrest manager, traffic policer, police radio, morecontrol, vehicle search, emergency strobes and some callouts. Everything works just perfect for this moment.

Thanks for the update.

I'm running Traffic Policer; Assorted Callouts; Breathalyzser; Code 3 Callouts and about 5 vehicle mods.

I'll have to wait until later tonight to go through the steps.

Albo1125's mods must be updated or else it will think that you are on a older LSPDFR version (it auto checks)