FYI: How to get Noose and Police Patriot too patrol regularly.

Nutt

Sorry but that would not be possible.The dev,Luxart (better known as Lt.Caine) retired from the GTA community on July 2011.And we doubt he'll be back one day.

As for ELS crashes,it happens with almost everyone.Engage yourself in an intence police pursuit chase with ELS enabled vehicles installed and the game will run on a higher risk of crashing.Thats because ELS lights are themselves very highpoly and in addition,ELS has to spawn a new car everytime with a different looking ELS pattern so that it can create an illusion of the lights being changed.Multiply this to the number of cars involved in the pursuit at a given time plus the other vehicles and environments that have to be generated,and you'll find that the game engine starts to heat itself up faster than in ideal conditions.Differs from system to system.Most of the peeps here avoid ELS just because they don't have supercomputers like some of us.But still I like to avoid ELS because it increases the time before the game crashes.I've recently installed an ELS enabled Noose FCV and my game now crashes more often after half an hour of the chase.But if I play the game normally,the crash don't occur.More of an evidence,yeah?

I have EVGA SR-2 system (gaming) and a AMD quad socket quad core setup (video editing)... so yeah, I don't have those issues. Sorry to hear Lt. Caine retired... :(

I tried it on police5 with ELS v5, and it didn't work. Is it different now?

I'm not sure if Version 5 supports addetional vehicle names. I know Version 6 does.

Edited by Custo

[center][url="http://www.youtube.com/user/Runner335"][img]http://i.imgur.com/CBYih.png[/img][/url][/center]

I'm not sure if Version 5 supports addetional vehicle names. I know Version 6 does.

What?

When?

Adding additional ELS (version 6) enabled police vehicles, other than police3, police4 and policeb will not work - for me anyway.

Example:

[ POLICEC ]

Active = 1

Halogen_Only = 0

Color_Light1L = 0

Color_Light2L = 0

Color_Light3R = 0

Color_Light4R = 0

Color_Light7L = 3

Color_Light8C = 3

Color_Light9R = 3

Offst_SLights = 0

[ POLICED ]

Active = 1

Halogen_Only = 0

Color_Light1L = 0

Color_Light2L = 0

Color_Light3R = 0

Color_Light4R = 0

Color_Light7L = 3

Color_Light8C = 3

Color_Light9R = 3

Offst_SLights = 0

and so forth, ELS will not work.

Edited by Nutt

The "wrong" thingy is that you've wrote PoliceC and PoliceD instead of Police3 and Police4.

LMAO... I have those installed and working.

I have additional police mods beyond police3, police4 and policeb that needs the ELS magic touch. ;)

If the cars he added are called policec and policed it's correct.

Yup!

I don't know, it worked for me, and I don't see anything wrong there.

Are there any other files you changed (besides handling, vehicles.dat, carcols, cargrps, and ELS.ini)?

I find it quite inconsiderate how you are treating this guy for his grammar, despite the fact he was nice and shared his discovery with you.

Who? Me?

I was just answering the guy above me that he is making fun of Nutt,instead of thanking him for the helpful post he made.

Who? Me?

I was just answering the guy above me that he is making fun of Nutt,instead of thanking him for the helpful post he made.

LOL. Thanks Dhruv! I made a mistake, so be it. :blush: