Fiskey111

ELS light boxes (White LEDs behind Blue ones) not showing up in game & other lights not showing up at all

Hey everyone!  So this is my third time writing this.  The first two times I tried to attach images and it crashed the forum...  So I'm going to attach them as files.  ANYWAYS...

So, I made my first model, an Explorer.  It's not the best, but it's my first!  I made my own custom lightbar, mirror lights, and side lights.  I also used a Wheelen Lightbar.  My issue is that the White LED texture (LCPDFR Support 2.png) doesn't show up in game.  It's either the lights are on or there's nothing there (LCPDFR Support.png).  I mean, that's cool for unmarked cars and stuff I guess, but I want semi-realistic...  This happens for all of the custom lights (they're all attached to the Wheelen- the white LED textures are attached to the Wheelen Lightbar texture).  So I was wondering if anyone knew why this would be happening and any possible fixes!

As a side, the mirror and side lights don't work in game at all- the white LED texture or the blue ELS one.  I was just wondering why they show up in zmodeler and openiv but not in game.  Once again, these are attached to the Wheelen.  Any help here would be nice too!

Just a reminder- this is my first model! So constructive criticism would be helpful as well or any tips for starters!  I didn't do a CVPI because there's like 2,000 of those around- I wanted something different!

Thanks!

Fiskey111

Without poking through the model, it's hard to say.

However, if you can see the lights in Zmodeler, but they aren't showing up in game, it could be one of two things in my experience.

First is you put the ELS lights after the windscreens on the Hierarchy, but from what i can see they're at the top. So no issue there.

Next is the material Hierarchy. I've noticed that when the windscreen materials are above the ELS lightsemissive material, sometimes they don't appear in game. My suggestion would be to check that. If your windscreen materials are above the ELS materials, make a new windscreen material at the bottom of the hierarchy and switch all your windscreens over to it. Then check the model in game.

I've had that happen to me 2 or 3 times working on models.

Edit - If you have lights that have a white texture instead of blue, make sure that the .png file associated with the material is in the .wtd

I've also heard of ENBs in use with EFLC can cause that sometimes.

Edited by Ceril

Whoops.  I should've known I was in the wrong section...  My bad!

Without poking through the model, it's hard to say.

However, if you can see the lights in Zmodeler, but they aren't showing up in game, it could be one of two things in my experience.

First is you put the ELS lights after the windscreens on the Hierarchy, but from what i can see they're at the top. So no issue there.

Next is the material Hierarchy. I've noticed that when the windscreen materials are above the ELS lightsemissive material, sometimes they don't appear in game. My suggestion would be to check that. If your windscreen materials are above the ELS materials, make a new windscreen material at the bottom of the hierarchy and switch all your windscreens over to it. Then check the model in game.

I've had that happen to me 2 or 3 times working on models.

Edit - If you have lights that have a white texture instead of blue, make sure that the .png file associated with the material is in the .wtd

I've also heard of ENBs in use with EFLC can cause that sometimes.

Thanks for your response! 

So I looked and the lightbar is above the windows in the hierarchy.  But I still moved it to right below the lights in its own section anyways just to make sure.  That didn't do anything.  So I went as far as deleting the windows and they still don't show up (the white LEDs or the side lights that don't appear at all).  I could see right through the car windows and nothing appeared still.  I really don't know why its not working.  I did that with a fresh car, not with my original.  For the side lights, I don't know why they don't work - they're recognized by ELS as the ELS Information Menu shows extra_2 & extra_3 flashing in game, but you can't see them at all.

Both the blue lights and the white backgrounds are using the same .png file, so it's there.  And I'm using original GTA IV, no EFLC.

Thank you!

The two images attached show that everything is linked.  The lights are all linked to their respective lights on the Wheelen, and the white LEDs are all linked to the Wheelen itself.

I was going to attach the model but it says I can't attach it here, sorry!

I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong!

Thanks!

Chris

For extra_5, extra_6 and extra_9 you should have extra5, extra6 and extra9 dummy linked to them, and then link the *_L0, *_L1 meshes.

Also make sure you are using lightsemissive texture on all the lights, and also make sure the lights are highest in the hierarchy list, especially above windows, since if they are not, they won't show up behind them. (a good way to test this is, shoot out the windows and check if you can see the lights after that)

If those don't work, you need to go into faces mode, select the window's polygons and apply a brand new material to it (you can just make a copy of your vehglass material you were using, it can even has the same name).