sasofficer

LAPD in Liberty City

I've been looking at a pack for LCPD:FR which includes multiple LAPD emergency service vehicles and uniforms, but being someone who always needs an explanation for everything, can anyone think of a logical reason the LAPD would be in Liberty City?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Because people want to use different cars from different agencies. Liberty City, although based on New York, is a fictional city so you can have just about any department you like contract it. From the games' standpoint though, no, there is no logical reason why they're there. 

Because people want to use different cars from different agencies. Liberty City, although based on New York, is a fictional city so you can have just about any department you like contract it. From the games' standpoint though, no, there is no logical reason why they're there. 

I guess it makes sense since it is a fictional city, to have different agencies there.  Thanks!

No, it doesn't make any sense for the LAPD (who polices Los Angeles) to be in Liberty City where the Liberty City Police Department is the governing police force. 

I get the memo, it doesn't make sense.  But after playing around with the pack I really enjoy it, and might use different departments' vehicles in LCPDFR.  Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

Me and a few friends are using a California pack as well, including LAPD, CHP and LASD. The reason is simple: we like them a lot. I don't just think that their cars look great, but I also believe that they are pretty much the best police department there is.

lapd is drunk if I catch them in any part of liberty city I just deport them back to las angeles or los santos and a big fine

You go man!

I have used various different agencies, but I've really only ever liked using Halifax Regional Police & RCMP because they have a little of everything from Traffic Services to Guns & Gangs Units, it don't fit & makes no sense but I just like seeing the cars.

I have used various different agencies, but I've really only ever liked using Halifax Regional Police & RCMP because they have a little of everything from Traffic Services to Guns & Gangs Units, it don't fit & makes no sense but I just like seeing the cars.

Maybe because;

A - You see them on a regular bases (But that doesn't have to be the case,  I've lived in Sweden for a while now and I still hate Swedish police vehicles and love the American and Canadian ones, hehe the CVPI)

B - You like those (?)

I agree with Sgt.Kanyo, I just love everything about LA's emergency vehicles, especially the red steady burn. I guess it's about your personal preference and what kind of vehicles and such you like. For me, I often roll with Cali vehicles but with LC textures on them E.G. LCPD in the style of the LAPD with everything looking like LAPD, howoever it says "LC Exempt" on the license plate and City of liberty on the LA seal etc.

Edited by Crizby

Maybe because;

A - You see them on a regular bases (But that doesn't have to be the case,  I've lived in Sweden for a while now and I still hate Swedish police vehicles and love the American and Canadian ones, hehe the CVPI)

B - You like those (?)

I agree with Sgt.Kanyo, I just love everything about LA's emergency vehicles, especially the red steady burn. I guess it's about your personal preference and what kind of vehicles and such you like. For me, I often roll with Cali vehicles but with LC textures on them E.G. LCPD in the style of the LAPD with everything looking like LAPD, howoever it says "LC Exempt" on the license plate and City of liberty on the LA seal etc.

I won't lie, I dislike the European style vehicles, they don't have the same "prestige" the American/ Canadian cops use, I use to dislike the RCMP vehicles when they first started coming out with the FS Legend, but, grew on me, I also like the Winnipeg Police Service, BC PD's have some pretty sick vehicles as well.

A lot of people, most likely the vast majority, do not enjoy the default LCPD cruisers. This website was created to house all sorts of realistic or non-realistic police models and such.

Obviously there are some such as Inseri, Olanov, and Custo that love to make their point clear that they love the default vehicles, and I enjoy them myself too (although personally don't use them), but for everybody else, people enjoy to patrol around in more or less, realistic vehicles based on their personal likings, such as the LAPD. 

I won't lie, I dislike the European style vehicles, they don't have the same "prestige" the American/ Canadian cops use, I use to dislike the RCMP vehicles when they first started coming out with the FS Legend, but, grew on me, I also like the Winnipeg Police Service, BC PD's have some pretty sick vehicles as well.

I agree with you 100%, I hate the European emergency vehicles. They're tiny and as you said, they dont really have the same "prestige" as the American & Canadian emergency vehicles. And I HATE the "Martin Horns" which is the super annoying high-low siren typically used in most of Europe...

Sidenote: The reason European vehicles are so small is because of the "old" buildings and alleys etc. A lot of downtown Stockholm is made of quite small back streets and such therefor it would be impossible to fit a American or Canadian fire engine (as a example).

I have to say that I really miss the morning view of a CVPI responding to a call, or the nice Q-siren with the fire engine's and such. God I miss 'Murica :sleep: 

I'm not trying to hate too much on European emergency vehicles but just compare these two videos :yes: 

I will admit, I do love that Federal Signal Vista Vama with blue lights :tongue:

A lot of people, most likely the vast majority, do not enjoy the default LCPD cruisers. This website was created to house all sorts of realistic or non-realistic police models and such.

Obviously there are some such as Inseri, Olanov, and Custo that love to make their point clear that they love the default vehicles, and I enjoy them myself too (although personally don't use them), but for everybody else, people enjoy to patrol around in more or less, realistic vehicles based on their personal likings, such as the LAPD. 

Let me just stop you there. LCPDFR.com was created to host the LCPDFR mod, not what you are describing. They came along much later. Police models, skins etc was allowed on LCPDFR.com after people started using the mod and wanting more. LCPDFR is not a modding site from the ground up, mods are here because someone allows them. 

And I might sound grumpy now, but you have obviously been on my profile, or seen one of my post. My internet-alias ineseri is on every post I make. How hard can it be to get that right? 

And those who choose to do that, are free to do so. But that's not very realistic. 

Let me just stop you there. LCPDFR.com was created to host the LCPDFR mod, not what you are describing. They came along much later. Police models, skins etc was allowed on LCPDFR.com after people started using the mod and wanting more. LCPDFR is not a modding site from the ground up, mods are here because someone allows them. 

And I might sound grumpy now, but you have obviously been on my profile, or seen one of my post. My internet-alias ineseri is on every post I make. How hard can it be to get that right? 

And those who choose to do that, are free to do so. But that's not very realistic. 

I apologize ineseri, it may sound like I'm lying right now, but I did mean to say Ineseri, I was on my phone (Which explains the rather short response) and I honestly did just miss the e as Ineseri is not in the English Language (You should see what it suggested to correct too lol).

You're right about the LCPDFR mod in it's origins. I meant that LCPDFR now today for people serves much more than just a hosting website for the LCPDFR mod. That was incorrectly stated on my part.

And let me clarify the realistic part of it for the entire posts understatement, not just to you Ineseri, but for the post's creator and anyone else with the same question. Now that I'm at a computer, let me explain. Yes, Liberty City is a fictional city based out of the video game Grand Theft Auto IV by Rockstar North out of Scotland, United Kingdom. We all know the city features a fictitious police department called the LCPD (Or Liberty City Police Department). However, with countless hours of modder's work, the fictional vehicles in the game have been able to be replaced with real car models, which include police vehicles. Almost everyone who is a part of this website is into law enforcement in one level or another, by which I mean in real life, or just in video games. Some people have certain tastes, and most of the people on this website have the similar taste to remove the default police vehicles, and replace them with real ones (Whether it be Ford, Chevys, or other models such as European ect). For these people, even though the cars they drive may not be accurate to the City of Liberty, it creates a more realistic environment in the player's mind by being able to drive a model based on a real police car from a real police department. Additionally, some choose alternative fictional police vehicles, mods, and skins for their own use. On top of that, the website offers all sorts of tools such as ENBs, ALPRs, maps, weapons, & countless other modifications and scripts to boost the "realism" of the virtual policing mod otherwise known as LCPDFR. Anything anybody can do to change the game to their own ideal, personally influenced settings is a step closer to "realism".

So Ineseri, even though you may not see the realism part, and your idea of realism is LCPD cars in Liberty City (As the game depicts), your vision of realism isn't the same from player to player, which explains the overwhelming diversity in the downloads section. However, I personally enjoy reminding people that we do play in Liberty City to protect & Serve, or for others, destroy Liberty City. :)

For those who wants to use LAPD ELS Crash palm tree mods in the game, they are free to do so. 

I don't see the point of doing that, but it's up to the individual player of course. For me, the LCPD belongs in LC, just as LAPD belongs in LA. It's really simple :) And I do see the realism part, because I did just explain it. 

It's called role play, I love to patrol liberty City in my favorite cruiser, I know that it's meant for the LCPD but LCPDFR is the only realistic "police simulater" so far.

Edited by sergiyj

It's called role play, I love to patrol liberty City in my favorite cruiser, I know that it's meant for the LCPD but LCPDFR is the only realistic "police simulater" so far.

i don't think you can call LCPDFR a "simulator'' really.

more like a policing mini game or something

i don't think you can call LCPDFR a "simulator'' really.

more like a policing mini game or something

I know, but it's the closest to one, I get what you're saying though :smile: