Are kids smoking weed younger than ever?

I posted this a while ago, this subject has been up before. Quote:

I'm not planning on ever trying it, the side effects can be both good and bad as far as I know but it's not tempting for me. I would ordinarily say that it should be banned, but since I myself enjoy an Old Fashioned every once in a while, I'm biased since, as stated above, alcohol is also a drug. Both have side effects, some wanted and other are unwanted. 

I think the problem is that we need to have strict rules about the drug, and more importantly make these laws clearer. Something along the lines of alcohol, which has a clear set of rules surronded by them. Since alcohol won't hurt anyone standing next to someone drinking. It's not like "second hand smoking", where non-smokers who breathe in secondhand smoke take in nicotine and other toxic chemicals just like the smokers do. I agree with those who think that it should be okay in the comfort of your own home, making sure that the smoke does not affect anyone else.

Edited by ineseri

Invenio, Investigatio, Imperium

You yourself should really care. The younger children you're referring to seem to just plainly be dumb. 

I'm not an avid smoke of weed, all I'll say is I 'might' have the occasional bit with friend. Weed as a drug its self comes with many benefits such as pain relief or antidepressants. I don't agree with children of that age but it's not my problem. It's the educational system failing them as well as their parents. I don't have time for idiots, they can get a psychosis, whatever, not my problem.

I've learnt that if you're just seriously relaxed and don't even bother about negative things or think twice about them you're a much happier person. I've got many friends who have been avid smokes since they were 12-13+ and at the end of the day, I don't say anything to them, hell,  I walk next to them while they do it. It's their choice and who am I to tell them not to.

What's the point of being overly safe and living?

However, I do agree with you, the ages you are referring to are far to young to be smoking.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/PvKEkIM.gif[/img]

DWI means the same thing in NC. Any substance that is in your body that "impairs" you while driving is illegal and you can be chargered with DWI. But no matter what marijuana is still a drug.

Even though they are different your state classifies them as the same for some stupid reason. Even though a DWI is a lesser charge in every other state. Marijuana it self isn't a drug but once its modified and has stuff put in it, it becomes a drug. 

Tell me whats better for you, smoking marijuana or binge drinking?

[u]​Click that spoiler you will not be disappointed!![/u]

[spoiler]http://www.choose.yudia.net/rickroll.swf

You've been Rick Rolled[/spoiler]

Even though they are different your state classifies them as the same for some stupid reason. Even though a DWI is a lesser charge in every other state. Marijuana it self isn't a drug but once its modified and has stuff put in it, it becomes a drug. 

Tell me whats better for you, smoking marijuana or binge drinking?

I don't do any because they are both drugs and are bad for you.

REALLY? Can you show me the FACTS on that please?

Marijuana triggers neurogenesis. Layman's terms: It leads to brain cell growth.

Wait....marijuana is supposed to kill brain cells, right?

Wrong.

The roots of the marijuana-kills-brain-cells myth are deep despite the lack of credible evidence. The original study supporting this notion is questionable at best and recent research suggests exactly the opposite.

In 2005, a study showed cannabinoids' ability to promote neurogenesis in the adult hippocampus, the brain region responsible for many important brain functions including mood and memory. The authors also cited anti-anxiety and anti-depressant effects that accompany the neurogenesis. This explains why people across California, Colorado, Washington and other marijuana-friendly states often turn to the herb for a mood-boost instead of pharmaceutical drugs. It also supports research that marijuana helps improve cognitive function in bipolar disorder patients. 

TRY ACTUALLY RESEARCHING SOMETHING BEFORE YOU SPEAK.

Oh Really? Again Research little guy.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0SO81RMpRdTG0MAfzxXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzcGM5bmg0BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM3MF8x/RV=2/RE=1394087373/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fen.wikipedia.org%2fwiki%2fCannabis_%28drug%29/RK=0/RS=H4ZGGB_SS12goKpajR_tbg14zv0-

Wikipedia states that it is a "drug". also they state "Unwanted side-effects can sometimes include a decrease in short-term memory, dry mouth, impaired motor skills, reddening of the eyes, and feelings of paranoia or anxiety"

I suggest that you read this. But I doubt it will change your mind.

PS: Go figure other people don't live in my state I was just telling you what DWI ment in relation to DUI....Just in case YOU didn't know

I have no interest in reading that, because I smoked it for 7 years, I know what it does, no one should be driving under the influence of anything, I've never driven under the influence of anything, but I do see it all the time.

We call it DUI here btw.

Kmpjq5P.gif

Oh and if that is not enough for you, here's a list of the harms of marijuana from Deputy Steve Toly of the LASD. http://www.cvdapc.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Why-Not-to-Use-Marijuana1.pdf

Marijuana is NOT a drug. PILLS are drugs..

Think about this for a minute...EVERY 19 MIN SOMEONE DIES FROM A PILL - a LEGAL Pill.....

NOBODY HAS EVER DIED FROM MARIJUANA.

I have personally had family overdoes on pills and die from alcohol poisoning.

I also have a family member who was ruining his life because of pills and when he started smoking weed, he was able to get off the pills and live a normal life and is going great today.

Me - I have smoked week everyday for the past 3 years (or more not really sure anymore). Not something to brag about, but I have a beautiful family, a lovly wife and life is great!! ...still smoking weed daily, didnt go to harder drugs, didnt "Die" (lmfao!), and I am a responsible adult who works 45 hours a week and supports my family.

And 59% of americans agree with me..so keep listening to your parents when they say.."Drugs are bad"..but remember..Weed is NOT a drug it is a natural plant that comes from the earth, not a lab, not chemicals, NATURAL PLANTS...

Lie. Unless they died from something else....

stat.jpg

Also, I do not agree with kids doing it at all. - You should be 21 yo!!

My God! Someone with their head on straight! Its amazing! :P

Ok. This has NOTHING to do with parenting, the fact that you think that makes you look very young and immature.

My mother is a WA State Drug and Alcohol Counselor, and Taught me my entire life how horrible drugs are. My parents raised me to stay away from drugs, and were great parents. Always knew where I was, Knew who i was with and Always had to be able to get a hold of me.

My parents, and most parents I knew back then had no fucking clue we were smoking weed. When my mom found out i was smoking she busted in tears and was freaking out.

I do agree that there are parents out their that are dead beat, however you should never make that assumption. Especially just cause they are smoking weed.

Marijuana can kill, if you read one of my later posts from the LASD marijuana, Marijuana smokers hold harmful smoke in their lungs longer and deeper, which increases their exposure to the 

dangerous toxins in the drug. Marijuana smoke contains 50-70% more carcinogenic hydrocarbons (cancer causing agents) than cigarette smoke. Evidence suggests marijuana may be a risk factor in stroke. Marijuana users risk for heart attack is 4 times greater in the first hour after smoking pot.

How many Marijuana related deaths have there been? probably none.

Don't be so quick to assume, it's not the marijuana in particular, its what marijuana creates that kills you. Marijuana can cause cancer causing cells to rapidly form, such as lung cancer, and cancer of the head and neck. And marijuana also attacks white blood cells which are in your system to stop bleeding in case you cut yourself or suffer internal bleeding which is harmful if not treated.

Don't be so quick to assume, it's not the marijuana in particular, its what marijuana creates that kills you. Marijuana can cause cancer causing cells to rapidly form, such as lung cancer, and cancer of the head and neck. And marijuana also attacks white blood cells which are in your system to stop bleeding in case you cut yourself or suffer internal bleeding which is harmful if not treated.

I can get cancer from my microwave & my toaster, does that mean people shouldn't have those either?

Kmpjq5P.gif

To claim that "No one" has ever been killed or died from marijuana is misinformative. In NC we have something called DWI (Driving While IMPARIED) now DWI means driving under the "influence" of anything, even drugs....like marijuana. Now to tell me that "NO ONE" has EVER died because of marijuana is false, and you have no right to say that because even though it may not be on file i'm sure someone, somewhere has died because of marijuana...and definitely in a car crash as the person who caused it.

If marijuana is not a drug but a plant, does that mean the cocaine is not a drug?....after all it is made from the coca plant's leaves...what you said means nothing, a drug is classified as something that causes impairment, and don't say marijuana doesn't case impairment. Even coffee, nicotine, alcohol, certain mushrooms are ALL DRUGS!

Now I do understand that alcohol is a drug, but it is legale. So far marijuana is NOT. And by definition marijuana IS A DRUG.

And I will keep listining to my parents, teachers, SRO's (School Resource Officers), and even classmates/friend, and cop friends who ALL have said that marijuana IS A DRUG! Now with that said I bet you will not change or listin to what I have to say, and that you are going to say something else that means nothing to me..... but it is what it is marijuana is a DRUG, and there is NO way you can shape it or cut it in any other direction.  

I'm not going to bash you for what you just wrote, but honestly, you are being ignorant. "somewhere has died because of marijuana...and definitely in a car crash as the person who caused it." I've smoked marijuana before and let me tell you something, I've drove high many times and I have NEVER been close to a car accident. I know a lot of pot smokers that have drove high too and they have never been close to one either.

Secondly, stating that marijuana is a drug is not even a valid argument here. Yes, it's a drug but a good one. Maybe you won't think it is, but you have clearly been brainwashed. I'm 18, I run track and play football and marijuana has not affected my abilities to be successful in sports, school, and socially. Besides the fact that I had shortness of breath because of the smoke. I've quit marijuana for a while now because of sports, but once I'm done and it's legalized, I will continue my toking.

Let me not rant on about this but I see marijuana legalized nation wide in 15-20 years from now.

Edited by Sgt Cue

Everything causes cancer from my understanding. If that is your argument why don't we ban cigarettes? 

To claim that "No one" has ever been killed or died from marijuana is misinformative. In NC we have something called DWI (Driving While IMPARIED) now DWI means driving under the "influence" of anything, even drugs....like marijuana. Now to tell me that "NO ONE" has EVER died because of marijuana is false, and you have no right to say that because even though it may not be on file i'm sure someone, somewhere has died because of marijuana...and definitely in a car crash as the person who caused it.

If marijuana is not a drug but a plant, does that mean the cocaine is not a drug?....after all it is made from the coca plant's leaves...what you said means nothing, a drug is classified as something that causes impairment, and don't say marijuana doesn't case impairment. Even coffee, nicotine, alcohol, certain mushrooms are ALL DRUGS!

Now I do understand that alcohol is a drug, but it is legale. So far marijuana is NOT. And by definition marijuana IS A DRUG.

And I will keep listining to my parents, teachers, SRO's (School Resource Officers), and even classmates/friend, and cop friends who ALL have said that marijuana IS A DRUG! Now with that said I bet you will not change or listin to what I have to say, and that you are going to say something else that means nothing to me..... but it is what it is marijuana is a DRUG, and there is NO way you can shape it or cut it in any other direction.  

Are you really this dumb? So i am giving misinformation huh?

PLEASE BACK IT UP WITH GOOD INFORMATION THEN!

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_of_Death#sthash.hfiARNTJ.dpbs

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/03/marijuana-deaths_n_3860418.html

deaths1.gif

AuvipHKCAAERoBV.jpg

I seriously think these kids are retarded, just plain retarded. Listening to Lil Wayne(idk if spellt correctly) and smoking marijuana. WTF, this generation of kids is screwed up. I see people who have smoked for years and where are they now? Dead. I don't know, I personally think living in hell would be better than this world.

There isn't anything wrong with this generation, just the number of idiots has increased. Socrates was asked the same question. Youth hasn't changed. For example:

Older people tend to think that modern day rap is garbage. That's because they weren't raised on rap music.In my opinion the older generation is just awful. It has recklessly spent our generation into massive debt, world disrepute and a bankrupt Social Security system built on lies and rationalizations. What kind of generation lives off of its kids? 

That said, Yes. Many in our generation are airheads. But who's fault is that? Parents. If the older generation did not intend to take the responsibility of raising kids properly then complaining about how they raised them is just dodging their duties. Again, the blame goes to the older generation.

Edited by CriminalKillaz

Oh and if that is not enough for you, here's a list of the harms of marijuana from Deputy Steve Toly of the LASD. http://www.cvdapc.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Why-Not-to-Use-Marijuana1.pdf

Marijuana can kill, if you read one of my later posts from the LASD marijuana, Marijuana smokers hold harmful smoke in their lungs longer and deeper, which increases their exposure to the 

dangerous toxins in the drug. Marijuana smoke contains 50-70% more carcinogenic hydrocarbons (cancer causing agents) than cigarette smoke. Evidence suggests marijuana may be a risk factor in stroke. Marijuana users risk for heart attack is 4 times greater in the first hour after smoking pot.

I'm literally done with this thread. Misinformed ignorants on here with no valid scientific proof to prove all of that ranting on marijuana. Come on now. I'm out.

I'm not going to bash you for what you just wrote, but honestly, you are being ignorant. "somewhere has died because of marijuana...and definitely in a car crash as the person who caused it." I've smoked marijuana before and let me tell you something, I've drove high many times and I have NEVER been close to a car accident. I know a lot of pot smokers that have drove high too and they have never been close to one either.

Secondly, stating that marijuana is a drug is not even a valid argument here. Yes, it's a drug but a good one. Maybe you won't think it is, but you have clearly been brainwashed. I'm 18, I run track and play football and marijuana has not affected my abilities to be successful in sports, school, and socially. Besides the fact that I had shortness of breath because of the smoke. I've quit marijuana for a while now because of sports, but once I'm done and it's legalized, I will continue my toking.

Let me not rant on about this but I see marijuana legalized nation wide in 15-20 years from now.

I thank you for not "bashing" what I said, but just because it doesn't happen to YOU does NOT mean that it has happen to someone else. But I will say I find it very wrong for you to say that I have been "brainwashed" when my opinion is mine.

I'm literally done with this thread. Misinformed ignorants on here with no valid scientific proof to prove all of that ranting on marijuana. Come on now. I'm out.

If you would take time to read the article marijuana can be dangerous. And I am damn sure that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department would not lie about that.

Edited by OfficerLund

Are you really this dumb? So i am giving misinformation huh?

PLEASE BACK IT UP WITH GOOD INFORMATION THEN!

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_of_Death#sthash.hfiARNTJ.dpbs

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/03/marijuana-deaths_n_3860418.html

deaths1.gif

AuvipHKCAAERoBV.jpg

Those who do "bad" things will back up their own statements to the best of their ability and will still be wrong. There is no point in trying to talk since into you and others. Also I find it offensive for you to call me "dumb" when i am expressing my opinion.

I seriously think these kids are retarded, just plain retarded. Listening to Lil Wayne(idk if spellt correctly) and smoking marijuana. WTF, this generation of kids is screwed up. I see people who have smoked for years and where are they now? Dead. I don't know, I personally think living in hell would be better than this world.

I'm sure you really do know people who "died" from smoking weed. I have never smoked weed in my life and sure as hell don't listen to lil faggot I meant Wayne. But I support it, not because I use, not because i'm part of this "retarded generation" (where the fuck do you get off saying that?)

I support it because cops need to spend there time going after the hardcore drugs such as, meth, crack, heroine. The only way Weed can kill you is if you have a server breathing disorder or if you smoke and drive at the same time. (No different then any other drug out alcohol is a drug you know) 

Not going to lie drugs kill people, but weed its not the killer, its stupid actions with it that kill people. But we need to focus our attention to hardcore drugs such as Crack, Meth, Heroine. 70% of teenagers have reported using weed, and how many moved on to hard core drugs? 1%.