Black Jesus

Who's Cars do people mostly make textures for?

Modded vanilla cars are always nice. GTA V cars in GTA IV are hot this year. 

I totally forgot about gta 5 cars, I'll try to make skins for those as well. But what about about real cars?

CVPI by Schaefft & DSF, Impala by Bugs, Tahoe by Bugs, Charger by Dhruv, Ford PI SUV with KevinDV's template, Ford PI by EVI/Cj24.

They're included most of the time. 

Thanks, I never downloaded vanilla cars so I didn't think they would be there

CVPI by Schaefft & DSF, Impala by Bugs, Tahoe by Bugs, Charger by Dhruv, Ford PI SUV with KevinDV's template, Ford PI by EVI/Cj24.

Thank you

Do whatever you like. I've experimented with different templates, and I found the ones that I like and dislike.

For example, I tried using Bugs' Tahoe template, but I personally didn't like it. I found that Cj24's was my favourite and I still use it.

As for different models, I would use the ones that the community likes the most, or more recent ones. The new generation ones are pretty popular, but everyone likes a good CVPI skin. Have a look through the gallery and find models that come up more often. I tend to use the new generation as well as the old generation in my packs, and they work pretty well.

But of course, do whatever works for you.

-

Well, IMO one would look at the vehicles he likes & make skins for it, not base it on the template xD Plus Cj24's Tahoe is really bad...

If you make a texture on a template, it'll be able to be used on many vehicles since there are so many different models in circulation. Also, translating them over to another texture template isn't that hard, I do it a lot. But generally there are particular leading textures templates due to the vehicles associated with those textures are more common to see than others. 

For example, BxBug's CVPI is the most popular CVPI model available, but the DSF CVPI is also popular. But because of BxBug's model being most popular, there are the most CVPI skins made for that model. 

Additionally, real police cars are by far the most popular type of police models to texture for. If you'd like to appeal to minorities, that'd be nice with GTAV and GTAIV skins. But the vast majority of us use Tahoes, Impalas, Chargers, Ford Police Interceptors, European models and various other models as well. 

Hope that cleared that up for you! Happy texturing.