MascottePaper

*Modeling* Invisible parts?

After experimenting with 3DS stuff a little bit, I came up with something for my community.

A mobile "Dispatch / Command center" which is a Tahoe.

Ingame though, the rear desk doesn't show up, it is just invisible.

Anybody has an idea why it shows up in Zmodeler / openIV but not in game?

Pictures provided down below :

Ingame :

lWRZCsu.png

whah8jI.png

Out of game :

GlxCBRw.png

If somebody could help, that would be really appreciated!

You could try selecting whats not showing up and flipping it. Polygon tool, select "invisible" area, selected mode, modify>flip, export and see if that helps. Your sure all your materials are setup correctly and the mobile center is within the hierarchy of the Tahoe when exporting? Noob questions I know but I want to make sure its not some simple mistake 

You could try selecting whats not showing up and flipping it. Polygon tool, select "invisible" area, selected mode, modify>flip, export and see if that helps. Your sure all your materials are setup correctly and the mobile center is within the hierarchy of the Tahoe when exporting? Noob questions I know but I want to make sure its not some simple mistake 

Flipping doesn't fix the issue :/

Materials are setup correctly as far as my knowledge goes, I also tried to assign it to a texture that is already known in the Materials setup ( Like a black in there, and then UVmapped it ) And the Hirachy is basicly still the same. Most of the parts are attached to either chassis or to bodyshell.

And no problem with those questions, you'r offering help, that is what matter :)

had the same issue sometimes with some of the new interior equipment I use if the material is something other than interior2, mesh, vehglass, paint2 etc etc it will show up as invisible for that back box I recommend using the interior2 material just which ever material you assigned that box to find the name of it and there should be a space in between the name and interior2 or mesh etc hope this helps if you want me to explain it better I can

had the same issue sometimes with some of the new interior equipment I use if the material is something other than interior2, mesh, vehglass, paint2 etc etc it will show up as invisible for that back box I recommend using the interior2 material just which ever material you assigned that box to find the name of it and there should be a space in between the name and interior2 or mesh etc hope this helps if you want me to explain it better I can

He said though that he tried applying different materials to it and it didn't solve the issue

Flipping doesn't fix the issue :/

Materials are setup correctly as far as my knowledge goes, I also tried to assign it to a texture that is already known in the Materials setup ( Like a black in there, and then UVmapped it ) And the Hirachy is basicly still the same. Most of the parts are attached to either chassis or to bodyshell.

And no problem with those questions, you'r offering help, that is what matter :)

This is strictly a texture issue, you have to assign a material to the any new objects you put in Zmodeler. Try assigning a material from the interior, like interior2 to the object(s).

I hope this helps!!!

This is strictly a texture issue, you have to assign a material to the any new objects you put in Zmodeler. Try assigning a material from the interior, like interior2 to the object(s).

I hope this helps!!!

I know I have to assign it, but assigning it is the same as UVmapping in my eyes. Already did that and that didn't fix the issue :/

I know I have to assign it, but assigning it is the same as UVmapping in my eyes. Already did that and that didn't fix the issue :/

What texture did you assign to it?

What color does it show in Open 4?

What texture did you assign to it?

What color does it show in Open 4?

Tried multiple textures, since the moment I posted this topic, i've been trying it out, dying to get it fixed lol ( No sleep either lmao ). Restarted it 7 times to see if it was something else, but nope.

Basicly had every texture :/

And in openIV it just shows either : Black ( If I mapped it black ), Steelgrey, if I mapped it steelgray, Interior Beige if I mapped it. 

MzuxaB5.png

For those that are trying to help really appreciate the support ! 

Also I put an album together for pictures of the Tahoe, for more view / details etc 

http://imgur.com/a/FsM5Y

Edited by MascottePaper

Tried multiple textures, since the moment I posted this topic, i've been trying it out, dying to get it fixed lol ( No sleep either lmao ). Restarted it 7 times to see if it was something else, but nope.

Basicly had every texture :/

And in openIV it just shows either : Black ( If I mapped it black ), Steelgrey, if I mapped it steelgray, Interior Beige if I mapped it. 

MzuxaB5.png

Where are the object(s) in the Hierarchy?

Place them under Chassis_L2, and see if that helps!

Where are the object(s) in the Hierarchy?

Place them under Chassis_L2, and see if that helps!

Objects are have already been in these places :

Chassis_L0

Chassis_L1

Chassis_L2

Bodyshell

Even had them as Misc_d/e items.

Objects are have already been in these places :

Chassis_L0

Chassis_L1

Chassis_L2

Bodyshell

Even had them as Misc_d/e items.

This has to be a texture issue, try assigning a different material to the object(s) in the Material Editor.

I know because the same thing has happened to me!

This has to be a texture issue, try assigning a different material to the object(s) in the Material Editor.

I know because the same thing has happened to me!

I know what you mean, and thats what I have been doing ever since ( Lets see 13H ago posted its now 17:30 calculated my sleeping period :P - None ) In that period, tried to assign it to texture, uvmap it, different places, Interior2 etc, Chrome mesh, Plastic1 etc 

I know what you mean, and thats what I have been doing ever since ( Lets see 13H ago posted its now 17:30 calculated my sleeping period :P - None ) In that period, tried to assign it to texture, uvmap it, different places, Interior2 etc, Chrome mesh, Plastic1 etc 

Keep trying, man!

Feel free to PM me, if you want to email me the model!

post a picture of your materials editor, it isn't a model problem so those pictures don't help open up the editor highlight what materials you assigned the box to and post it please

These are the ones that I tried so far. And multiple others.

Uvmapped it, generated new ones, assigned them to old ones, nothing worked.

BMcivKJ.png

To get our vehicle to work ( a ladder on top of the tahoe ) We had to set Diff material ( main texture ) as top material, vehicle_genericmud_car as second material and vehicle_generic_smallspecmap as the third material: as this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8g9qlwphjsxqa88/Screenshot%202014-02-24%2022.08.05.png

Then all worked out well ingame. No need for the ladder to be in any particular hiearchy. Just named it ladder and placed it under chassis, all done.

Remember to have all these materials extracted and into the texture folder you use.. as the textures get "saved" into the modelfile you export :)

EDIT:  Also remember to add the texture layer properties correctly. Press EDIT and choose

For the first texture :  Current - Texture - Current - Modulate     and manual UV 1

For the genericmud :    Current - Texture - Current - MultiplyAdd    and manual UV 2

And for the smallspecmap :  Current - Texture - Specular - MultiplyAdd  and  manual UV 1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ul0uiffqdnnyico/Screenshot%202014-02-24%2022.15.35.png

Edited by Firstyminator

-snip-

Well sir, I appreciate this, because all of this made it work.

Now my adventure with this part of modeling will continue, and I really appreciate this.

Pictures as proof :

MZTkljt.png

dUWk4XM.png

Thats great news! :) You're welcome! Looks awesome too!

Yeah it is, now time to do some more stuff with interior parts. Maybe not the right look for a cop car yet, but what isn't there yet, can be made.

Really appreciate it :'D!

Go for it :) There are no boundaries modeling.. except the GTAIV Rage engine of course :) But best of luck. Looking forward to see the completed model.. Looks awesome so far! =)