Dayton17

Possible in-game ticket recorder?

I just thought of an idea that would go great with this. I don't post very much here but i am an avid LCPDFR player. What about an actual ticket recorder mod? I'm not sure if its possible, but the way i pictured it, You'd stop someone and than maybe in the in game computer, if you decided to ticket them you would record the info. Such as Name, D.O.B, gender, the street they were on, the offense, stuff like that. We could even look at real tickets(I have plenty) of what else to do. What do you guys think? I'm sure there would be some tampering but that is just how i pictured it. I'll leave the actualy handywork to someone who has modded and scripted before. Just an idea! Thanks!

Anyone know someone who could/would do it? I know braveheart and a few others have done excellant stuff. THis could be totally wrong, but I'd imagine something like this wouldnt take even half the time some of the other stuff they've put out. LIke i said earlier, my knowlegwe with coding and scripting, is fairly minimal.

Anyone know someone who could/would do it? I know braveheart and a few others have done excellant stuff. THis could be totally wrong, but I'd imagine something like this wouldnt take even half the time some of the other stuff they've put out. LIke i said earlier, my knowlegwe with coding and scripting, is fairly minimal.

I honestly do not know anyone... and I wish I did.

Hopefully this will reach more viewers, and get some more posts, I think it would be a great idea, and im actually suprised noone has thought of it(atleast not posted) already. It would be a great realistic addition for those who wanted it.

Hopefully this will reach more viewers, and get some more posts, I think it would be a great idea, and im actually suprised noone has thought of it(atleast not posted) already. It would be a great realistic addition for those who wanted it.

yea that way you can make a ticket out then print it take it to the driver. like what real police do now days. be so much nicer and more realistic. I hope someone can make this as a mod. be so cool.

Great Idea mate, I would definately DL this if it was made up :3

One idea on the ticket writing would be to use something like Apples magic trackpad to capture signatures and other handwriting for the ticket. Such as when you are in the computer and running the individuals name, have a ticket in pdf format show on screen and proceed using the magic trackpad to fill in name, d.o.b., and  the infraction committed. The pdf format ticket could possibly be stored on the users side if they wished and an option to give them a ticket in the computer versus just walking to their window and deciding to issue a ticket or not. Just a thought  :smile:

I would imagine that there would be some way of doing this. Each time you pull someone over the number goes up on how many times that person has been pulled over. I don't know how that's tied together but I think that would have to call the information from LCPDFR itself.

I just thought of an idea that would go great with this. I don't post very much here but i am an avid LCPDFR player. What about an actual ticket recorder mod? I'm not sure if its possible, but the way i pictured it, You'd stop someone and than maybe in the in game computer, if you decided to ticket them you would record the info. Such as Name, D.O.B, gender, the street they were on, the offense, stuff like that. We could even look at real tickets(I have plenty) of what else to do. What do you guys think? I'm sure there would be some tampering but that is just how i pictured it. I'll leave the actualy handywork to someone who has modded and scripted before. Just an idea! Thanks!

The biggest issue with that is that LCPDFR uses a string that generates over either 1 or 2 million names, so having the same name multiple times is difficult. It wouldnt be terribly hard to "auto generate" fake tickets to populate in a box, but im sure that wouldnt be at the top of the to do list of the creators of lcpdfr. However it might be a possibility once the api has been released with 1.0 as that would be required to function with lcpdfr itself if created by another scripter.