Rain

Graphics/Textures struggling?

It seems as if my GTA is struggling to load most textures ever since i got Traffic Flow, The roads are hardly loading sometimes, building arent textured right, etc.

It's a file in your game directory telling the game how to behave regardings a  whole bunch of stuff. May I ask how much vram you have?

I seem to get this problem too, I have a commandline.txt in mine making it use more memory/RAM and such.

I guess some mods might cause this like traffic flow but I certainly get this too.

Use Traffic Load or Chikmaru's Real Traffic.  The later comes with a command line that will help with the texture loss.  Traffic Flow is awful.

DrDetroit

Chikamru's commandline is bullshit though:

-nomemrestrict (is telling GTA IV, that there's no memory restriction)

-memrestrict 681574400 (is telling GTA IV there's a memory restriction)
-memrestrict 629145600 (is telling GTA IV there's a different memory restriction)

-availablevidmem 2 (is telling the game to use twice the vram you have)

It all contradicts itself. 

Also;

-noprecache makes things worse in things texture leak
-novblank isn't needed for 1.0.4.0 upwards, has no function

If you really want to use a commandline, I suggest you try these one for one and find the one that works best for you (with no lag and no memory leaks) and that's the only thing you put in the commandline.

Chikamru's commandline is bullshit though:

-nomemrestrict (is telling GTA IV, that there's no memory restriction)

-memrestrict 681574400 (is telling GTA IV there's a memory restriction)

-memrestrict 629145600 (is telling GTA IV there's a different memory restriction)

-availablevidmem 2 (is telling the game to use twice the vram you have)

It all contradicts itself. 

Also;

-noprecache makes things worse in things texture leak
-novblank isn't needed for 1.0.4.0 upwards, has no function

If you really want to use a commandline, I suggest you try these one for one and find the one that works best for you (with no lag and no memory leaks) and that's the only thing you put in the commandline.

To be honest, I just started using the Chikmaru's command line a few days ago after someone posted it, and it works wonders for my machine.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  I have absolutely no texture loss and a small boost in FPS, when using my high poly ELS cars.  I have always had a bit of texture loss after 30-45 minutes, but not any longer.

Never been a fan of command lines either, the ones I've tried (posted here) always made things worse.  My laptop ATI card uses up to 4-gigs of vRam and I think the -availablevidmem 2 forces my card to use all of it.  Just an educated guess.  

I guess it's a matter of what the machine likes, and no two are the same.  

Good day,

DrDetroit

To be honest, I just started using the Chikmaru's command line a few days ago after someone posted it, and it works wonders for my machine.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  I have absolutely no texture loss and a small boost in FPS, when using my high poly ELS cars.  I have always had a bit of texture loss after 30-45 minutes, but not any longer.

Never been a fan of command lines either, the ones I've tried (posted here) always made things worse.  My laptop ATI card uses up to 4-gigs of vRam and I think the -availablevidmem 2 forces my card to use all of it.  Just an educated guess.  

I guess it's a matter of what the machine likes, and no two are the same.  

Good day,

DrDetroit

Nonetheless, the commandline chikamru made contradicts itself and that's not something that helps performance. I never understood the purpose of premade commandline.txts anyways, since they're for a specific PC. It's always best you research what each option does and then find your own best settings.

Like I don't have the most up-to-date GPU, however I do get above 50 fps constantly, with modded cars, ELS and only 1280 mb of vram.

Oh and btw, -availablevidmem 2 actually tells the game you've got 2 gigs of vidmem, from what I looked up. So you're kinda shooting yourself in the leg with that. But hey, let's just give our game commands without actually knowing what they mean - I'm sure that'll make my PC run damn good ;)

Good point.  Never used command lines before either.  I'm tweaking it a bit based on your assessments of the commands.

Gonna pick up a nice gaming box at the end of the month, AMD 6-core I'm thinking.  

Anyhow, good info Break.  Thanks.

DrDetroit

Good point.  Never used command lines before either.  I'm tweaking it a bit based on your assessments of the commands.

Gonna pick up a nice gaming box at the end of the month, AMD 6-core I'm thinking.  

Anyhow, good info Break.  Thanks.

DrDetroit

For gaming purposes you're better of with a four core Intel. But don't wanna go offtopic here now. 

Here's a full list of commands:

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111441

(except for memrestrict, for some reason, but for that you can use the thread by R* I linked)