Sign in to follow this  
SamForrester

WHYY????????

Can someone PLEASE give me ONE good reason WHY Microsoft has to go and make installing a game they didn't even make a ROYAL pain in the ass????????

I'm SERIOUSLY to the point where I'm ready to say to hell with the GTA series after this. :wallbash:  :verymad:

Never before have I ever had so many problems installing a game (even without mods)

To each their own, deal with it, or get a console, simple as that, we all go through it. welcome to PC gaming.

To each their own, deal with it, or get a console, simple as that, we all go through it. welcome to PC gaming.

USED to have a PS2 and N64...but for some odd reason they've vanished......

Cause they've updated since then lol

With ALL due respect you, Sr, are an @$$hole! ~insert MASSIVELY failed pissed off look~

I made the mistake of reading your post AS I was taking a sip of my Sprite, which ALMOST resulted in me spewing it all over the place.

Seriously though, I needed that laugh (STILL laughing btw). thanks! I'd give you two rep points IF I could for that! :-)

I'm just so royally pissed off cuz I'm TRYING to figure out exactly what it is that is making GTA crash. I'm starting with a FRESH install, backed up the ORIGINAL vehicles dot whatever file and the file containing the sounds and am SLOWING adding stuff. ELS functions (though not with the default vehicles obviously lol), as does LCPDFR, which is some progress.

I'm starting to wonder IF It's not the vehicles I installed (I have the TX DPS pack, but only installed the Tahoe (replaced the Patriot)) for the simple fact that it's big, it's bad, and if you get in My way..I can, and WILL run your @$$ over (as many a pedestrian has found out the hard way).

Thoughts? 

(edit: anyone ever tell you that you're a smart ass? LOL)

Edited by SamForrester

-Download latest version of the .NET framework
-Download latest version of Games For Windows Live

-Update all graphics drivers

-Patch to latest version of GTA IV if it's not the STEAM version.
-If it is the STEAM version, right click the game in your library and have STEAM check the file integrity.

-Download latest version of the .NET framework

-Download latest version of Games For Windows Live

-Update all graphics drivers

-Patch to latest version of GTA IV if it's not the STEAM version.

-If it is the STEAM version, right click the game in your library and have STEAM check the file integrity.

I already had latest of everything either installed or on-hand.

ELS was the problem. got it taken care of :-) uhhh I did C & E, I think it was on that one thread (you know which one I'm sure), and that took care of it.

NOW If people would learn to freaking drive and get the HELL out of My way, we'd be all set! LOL

On another note....WHY must the damn women be so predictable???

Michelle...undercover - CALLED IT

Niko and Packie's sis - gonna get it on (ain't happened yet in my game but I'm still calling it)....though...I can't WAIT to see Packie's reaction. Oh this is gonna be G O O D

With ALL due respect you, Sr, are an @$$hole! ~insert MASSIVELY failed pissed off look~

I made the mistake of reading your post AS I was taking a sip of my Sprite, which ALMOST resulted in me spewing it all over the place.

Seriously though, I needed that laugh (STILL laughing btw). thanks! I'd give you two rep points IF I could for that! :-)

I'm just so royally pissed off cuz I'm TRYING to figure out exactly what it is that is making GTA crash. I'm starting with a FRESH install, backed up the ORIGINAL vehicles dot whatever file and the file containing the sounds and am SLOWING adding stuff. ELS functions (though not with the default vehicles obviously lol), as does LCPDFR, which is some progress.

I'm starting to wonder IF It's not the vehicles I installed (I have the TX DPS pack, but only installed the Tahoe (replaced the Patriot)) for the simple fact that it's big, it's bad, and if you get in My way..I can, and WILL run your @$$ over (as many a pedestrian has found out the hard way).

Thoughts? 

(edit: anyone ever tell you that you're a smart ass? LOL)

Appreciate the kind words, I was a jackass before, but now graduated to asshole, anywho, being a smartass is better than being a dumbass, and goodluck with running my "@$$ over" problem with that though, it's a chevy.. nuff said..

on a side note, how many mods do you have in you're game?

The game's been out for five years, I think even a newborn baby would know the storyline already

You, sir. Made my day!

The game's been out for five years, I think even a newborn baby would know the storyline already

Sorry if I don't keep up with the GTA Series......

Appreciate the kind words, I was a jackass before, but now graduated to asshole, anywho, being a smartass is better than being a dumbass, and goodluck with running my "@$$ over" problem with that though, it's a chevy.. nuff said..

on a side note, how many mods do you have in you're game?

Uh currently quite a few now that I got it to where it doesn't crash.

ELS, LCPDFR, Texas DPS Vehicles, FireFighter767's Pierce Dash Engine & Truck, an LAFD Ambulance, Texas State Troopers Uniforms, and Cpt. MacMillan's Whelen 295HF100 Siren.

runs fine though, now that I made the changes to the ELS.ini file. Lost the default vehicles.img file though lol forgot to copy & paste rather than drag & drop when trying to troubleshoot my problems.

I still say it's a royal pain in the ass to install the game. This makes me even LESS pleased with Microsoft as a gamer. Was already displeased that they weren't going to make any more Flight Simulators after FSX. I've played nearly every version of that game since it originally came out on the 5.25" floppy disks.

On a side note...looking back to the days of the original Microsoft Flight Simulator, it's really quite amazing how far they've come in graphics quality.

I already had latest of everything either installed or on-hand.

ELS was the problem. got it taken care of :-) uhhh I did C & E, I think it was on that one thread (you know which one I'm sure), and that took care of it.

NOW If people would learn to freaking drive and get the HELL out of My way, we'd be all set! LOL

On another note....WHY must the damn women be so predictable???

Michelle...undercover - CALLED IT

Niko and Packie's sis - gonna get it on (ain't happened yet in my game but I'm still calling it)....though...I can't WAIT to see Packie's reaction. Oh this is gonna be G O O D

Since we're in the spirit of ruining stories, Niko and Packie's sister getting together doesn't happen. I'll be a little polite by not ruining why not. That being said, there are two endings to the game.

lol, all I can say is it's not going to be as you expect it. Something big happens involving Kate at the end but I won't spoil it for you. Though I will say you will have to make a choice near the end of the storyline, and the choice you make determines what happens with her.

I don't see why you narrowed it down further than I did, KM964 now anybody can guess the ending. Oh well, at least it's not me.

This turned from yelling at Microsoft and LCPDFR users to talking about the storyline.

Amazing.

True story.

:tongue: This changed subject so quickly. But, that's just how PC gaming is. There's not much we can do about GTA IV for PC. It's very old now and I bet even Rockstar admit it was a bad port. We just have to deal with it. 

:tongue: This changed subject so quickly. But, that's just how PC gaming is. There's not much we can do about GTA IV for PC. It's very old now and I bet even Rockstar admit it was a bad port. We just have to deal with it. 

Let's just hope they don't do it with GTA V.

This turned from yelling at Microsoft and LCPDFR users to talking about the storyline.

Amazing.

Wasn't yellin' at LCPDFR. They have no fault what so ever. That all lies with Rockstar and Microsoft.

IF it weren't for LCPDFR, my game wouldn't be working currently.

oh and btw, Harper......this is one of the advantages to waiting to buy a game. Plenty of add-ons for it, and quite a few bugs have been worked out.

oh and btw, Harper......this is one of the advantages to waiting to buy a game. Plenty of add-ons for it, and quite a few bugs have been worked out.

A few months, yes.

But Rockstar released their last official patch for the game a few years ago. The same will happen to V once it eventually makes its way onto PC

A few months, yes.

But Rockstar released their last official patch for the game a few years ago. The same will happen to V once it eventually makes its way onto PC

If they didn't do such bad porting with the programming, they wouldn't have to.

I do have hope in them. Rockstar is properly going to avoid having to release like five patches before the game is "fixed".