KN1IGHT

ZModeler2 Issues

Hi guys,

I've been working on a Suburban for my own Single Player use, until I get used to ZModeler.

I've only added the Whelen Inner Edge TIR3 Lightbar to the Suburban, and in ZModeler, you can clearly see the Red & Blue lights on the lightbar.

However, when I spawn the Suburban in game, it doesn't crash, but the lightbar is all white, and no lights can be seen on it.

Only lights that are see are the Environment Lighting (Reflection of ELS on the ground)

Also, when I export it it gives me these errors: 

Texture "Texture Name" was DXT-5- compress to store in file.

Texture "Texture Name" can not be stored properly because of it's size.You will need to store it in WTD File.

Any thoughts?

Other then those issues, it's fine.

I've only added the Whelen Inner Edge TIR3 Lightbar to the Suburban right now.

How would I get make the texture file, so it gets rid of those errors listed above, and the Lightbar and ELS Lights display properly?

Make sure that "store textures" is not checked when you export. I think thats why its giving you that error Collision and sliced model should both be checked though. Also all the textures you used (besides the vehshare ones) need to  be added to the WTD of the car.

I'll try that

What about the ELS lightbar being all white in game? Thoughts?

Edit: Tried unchecking store textures, and it worked fine.

Edited by Knight Rider Info

I actually did, when I added the Lightbar in ZModeler.

Unless you mean the WTD Texture File

I actually did, when I added the Lightbar in ZModeler.

Unless you mean the WTD Texture File

yeah you need to add them to the WTD of the car in OpenIV. Thats why they are showing up white, because they are missing a texture. Like I said before, you need to add all the textures you used in zmodeler to the WTD of the car/truck. The only textures you don't need are the vehshare files as those are already in the game. 

Edited by NickieB

I use SparkIV, is that going to affect anything? (Such as adding textures to the car in OpenIV)

Only reason I use SparkIV, is because last time I tried OpenIV, it set off my Norton 360 Protection.

Edit: Got OpenIV Installed, but cannot see how to add new textures, without replacing existing ones

Bump.

Okay, I got the white lightbar issue fixed.

However, the lights on the lightbar don't flash.

The environmental lighting is visible, but the lightbar lights themselves, don't flash.

I think you need OpenIV to add new textures to a WTD. I haven't used Spark in forever but I don't think you can do that with Spark, thats why you need OpenIV. Plus Open is a better program IMO, I just keep spark around for siren/sound changes. Anyway back to your issue. Did you add the texture to the WTD that the actual lights are mapped to? (probably emerglights.png or emerlights_emis.png) Do they show up in OpenIV when you look at the model viewer? Do you have them mapped to a emmissive material in zmodeler? These are all possibilities.... Do they not even show up at all or can you see the textures blinking in game but not actually lighting up?

In game, all I see is the environmental lighting

Nothing on the lightbar is flashing.

The emerglights is added to the texture file, along with all the files that were in the lightbar's texture folder.

The emerglights is the only light texture in the lightbar's download.

Best,

KRI

~ Posted using iPhone

Edit: I didn't check if they showed up in the model viewer in OpenIV. I will check when I'm on my PC.

I checked the model viewer in OpenIV, and the lightbar displays correctly, but the light textures cannot be seen.

How can I fix this?

Bump.

I checked the model viewer in OpenIV, and the lightbar displays correctly, but the light textures of red and blue cannot be seen.

Thoughts?

You are not allowed to bump, plus show a screen of what you wtd looks like in openIV, showing the emerglights textures.

From my memory, I viewed the WTD file, the emerglights didn't show up in the file.

But in SparkIV it shows up in the texture file just fine.....

~ Posted using iPhone

Edit: When I get on my PC, I'll recheck the texture file for the vehicle model.

From my memory, I viewed the WTD file, the emerglights didn't show up in the file.

But in SparkIV it shows up in the texture file just fine.....

~ Posted using iPhone

Edit: When I get on my PC, I'll recheck the texture file for the vehicle model.

Look in zmodeler and confirm the extras are set up correctly.

I'm sure they should be.

But, I'll check the tutorial for mapping lights for ELS 6.

As the lightbar I'm working with, I believe wasn't already mapped for ELS

Edit: I've viewed the texture file in OpenIV, and the emerglights that came with the lightbar are present.

See attached file for screenshot of hierarchy.

The lightbar and the extras are at the bottom.....

Edit 2: Is the emerglights_emis lightsemissive (or emerglights_emis) texture file supposed to be in the model's texture file as well? Is it possible my problem is because the following textures are in the file?
- vehicleenvmap128

- vehicle_genericmud_car

- vehicle_generic_smallspecmap