Break

[How-To] Listen to NYPD radio in game.

I've been listening to a live feed from the Bronx all morning since reading this topic. Gotta admit, the constant chatter of the district division I'm tuned into would be pretty much ideal for in-game...suchy a shame the cops in GTA aren't like this on the radio...oh well...maybe something to hope for in GTA V (along with a whole new FR of course :D )

[img]http://www.lcpdfr.com/cops/forum/crimestats/user/27959/sig.jpg[/img]

I've been listening to a live feed from the Bronx all morning since reading this topic. Gotta admit, the constant chatter of the district division I'm tuned into would be pretty much ideal for in-game...suchy a shame the cops in GTA aren't like this on the radio...oh well...maybe something to hope for in GTA V (along with a whole new FR of course :D )

How much recordings could they cram,in the first place? If you think logically,they have to think about keeping the size of the game down as much as possible while providing decent quality audio.Add to it the demand of your variety and it actually becomes impossible to achieve it.

Moral- We should think from their side also.Just demanding things,illogically,makes us a dumb consumer.

Sorry for the huge necro post.

For the ones still interested, there is a new, fully ingame version of this.

Download

http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/internet-radio-f14122

move InternetRadio.net.dll and InternetRadio.ini to the scripts folder.

Open InternetRadio.ini and edit these two lines:

Radio name=Energy 98

Stream URL=http://www.energy981.com/Energy98_64.m3u

to say

Radio name=NYPD Spec Ops and Traffic

Stream URL=http://www.radioreference.com/scripts/playlists/1/1189/0-5347087900.m3u

Ingame, press ALT+F1 and the radio will play.

Due to the graphic nature of this post, reader discretion is advised.
lspdfrsig2njsuy.jpg

For past one month,Radio Reference never worked for me.Nor did any other website.They either simply ask for a password or say "Your VLC input can't be opened".The scriptmod didn't help either.It just doesn't do anything.

that's really strange, it works perfectly fine for me.

Due to the graphic nature of this post, reader discretion is advised.
lspdfrsig2njsuy.jpg

what you can do is record the live feed with bandicam then convert it to mp3 and change vehicle ide for police vehicles to be able to listen to the radio then transfer the recorded the live feed or feeds to your user music and listen to it in game...it makes such a big difference then you dont have to bring up the live feeds all the time you can listen to it in the game

sig.jpg

For all those who might have Audio files on their PC's, follow steps below.

1. Download Police car that supports radio in-game (for example: http://www.gta4-mods...ent-lcpd-f17568 ) [or edit one - change vehicle ide for police vehicles to be able to listen to the radio then transfer the recorded the live feed or feeds to your user music and listen to it in game...]

- if you have mp3 file just copy to My Documents/Rockstar Games/GTA IV/User Music

- if you have other extension type use this completely free converter (http://www.pcfreetim...m/download.html)

2. If you don't have the file/audio you can find one (the one you like ofc) on YT (there are planty audio/video files there)

3. Open the video you like and copy address

4. Go to KeepVid.com and paste your URL of the video

5. Allow Java to run, you'll have multiple options to select from, select the last one (Snipmp3 to save file as mp3 to your HDD)

6. Just drag and drop to your User Music folder and viola, enjoy!

**Note the you must have Java installed to be able to download from KeepVid.com, also you might wanna pause AdBlock until download is finished**

This is just for all those players who would like to have own audio files in User Music folder. These sites are scaned and used many times before so you don't need to worry about viruses or anything (just in case scan it again with your antivirus software)

Just to try it out (with this specific model - Vincent Police Car, I've uploaded 2 popular audio files for you to try (movie effects chatter and another live random chatter from NYPD)

Audio Files as .rar - Download

Sorry guys for any mistakes in text, I'm from Croatia, hope this helps / works for you.

[EDIT] Someone from the other forum just asked me for help because mp3 doesn't work always... just use FormatFactroy and convert into WAV if mp3 doesn't work. Post above on how to add radio in police cars... Stupid me

Edited by Baja002

i stated on how to change it in the post above you have to go in vehicle ide file and change the game name to whatever car that has the radio in it then play your mp3 file with police radio audio

sig.jpg

Yes, but here are the easy steps where you don't need to record the video just download it, I guess I didn't pay attention to your post... sorry about that

Is it wrong that I get off on this?

[color=rgb(0,0,255)]L[/color][color=rgb(255,0,0)]C[/color][color=rgb(0,255,0)]P[/color][color=rgb(0,0,255)]D[/color]F[color=rgb(0,255,255)]R[/color] [u]Full Supporter[/u]

-- [color=rgb(0,0,0)]Night[/color] Shifter --