gtamods123

Gta 4 Graphics Problem

When i play gta 4 it works perfectly for graphics until i press Esc to look at my map then when i close that sometimes the graphics get really glitchy, Any ideas why?

I have a Nvidia 2gb GTX 660TI Graphics card

When i play gta 4 it works perfectly for graphics until i press Esc to look at my map then when i close that sometimes the graphics get really glitchy, Any ideas why?

I have a Nvidia 2gb GTX 660TI Graphics card

sometimes it could be with a mod you have installed

Yeah then they reappear when i drive towards them its weird, and my game also freezes then says gta 4 has stopped working or is not responding and im not sure why, only different thing i downloaded is bravehearts policing script but that shouldnt mess anything up.

Yeah then they reappear when i drive towards them its weird, and my game also freezes then says gta 4 has stopped working or is not responding and im not sure why, only different thing i downloaded is bravehearts policing script but that shouldnt mess anything up.

Texture loss/flash/pop could be due to high poly cars and ELSv6 (use v5).  The locking, freezing and crashing is probably due to Braveheart 2.2.  Use 2.1 and that should go away.

The texture issue is something many have to deal with by tweaking the vehicles (no high poly or ELS in the police, police2, 3 and 4), which solved my problem with the textures (as well as memturbo for the memory leaks).  The crashing is inevitably due to Braveheart 2.2.

Good day,

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

I had the problem as well.

For what I know its "GTA IV Memory leak" problem, that Rockstar games will never fix! 

Whoever, uninstalling some mods/vehicles would fix it, as it did for me.

My friend has a lot of graphics problems. Do you guys think you could take a look? He has some pretty good computer specs but these glitches are really odd. 

21alpvd.png

All the cop cars are white...

65cnxf.png

notice the lightly colored cop car, and the box under it.

213no1c.png

and this one the trees are all messed up.

sorry about the thread highjacking thing.. but he just redownloaded gta and is still having the problem. A fresh download. No mods at all. Could it be a problem with his graphics card?

Ok, I had the same error when I first started playing you have to fix the command line ill give it to you in 2 min my compute is rebooting right now.

"C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonGrand Theft Auto IVGTAIVLaunchGTAIV.exe" –norestrictions

basically at the end of your command line put a *space* than –norestrictions

go to the gta iv exe file right click go to properties than shortcut tab than in the target line put that and make sure for backup you save the old target line in a notepad file or something...

let me know if it fixes your issue if not open a ticket on rockstars website and your issue with them should be resolved in a bout 2 months cause of their amazing customer service there :)

3.1 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB ram

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512MB

(This is my good friend who I'm trying to solve the problem for btw. He is using an iMac with the Parallels program, allows you to use windows) 

I use the bootcamp feature on my iMac and I have no issues at all. Could it be a problem with parallels? Should I have him try bootcamp?