JustZach

Keyboard or Controller?

Keyboard or Controller?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather play LCPDFR with?

It's hard to say. I mainly use my mouse and keyboard however if I am going for some sort of cinematic video I'll use my controller so I get smoother camera movements. 

Hmm, I might give both a try then. I can understand using a controller for cinematic videos, I wonder what like an hours gameplay with it is like.

My choice is both it depends on what i am doing in the game. like for combat i use the controller because i find it easier than the controller and then keyboard for everything else

i use controller for everything including els and pull over i only use keyboard for typing in the computer

I use controller for everything except for mods like LCPDFR, Policehelper script, and ELS. I can drive and move around a lot smoother with a controller than with a keyboard.

I use a controller for the driving and shooting aspect of the games, but i kinda have to use keyboard for for my trainer, light's & sirnes, so both.

The answer in terms of comfort is easy: controller.

I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of setting up a PS3 controller to the game otherwise. My favorite feature however, is when you have to type in a driver's name, using the keyboard. Its a sense of realism that's a nice touch, and if you're using a trainer its needed. If you go the route of the PS3 controller, use motioninjoy, but any PS-style controller will do fine and you won't need that program.

Sadly, even after setting up a PS3 controller, I find there's no way to have pressure sensitivity unless you use the Xbox controller, which personally I've always hated. I've been using a Playstation controller since PS1 however, so therein lies my bias. Its just much more comfortable IMO, and the reason I stated using any PS style one will do fine, and is cheaper. Logitech sells a wireless rumble controller, check that out.

Edited by DLer

I use keyboard for everything as it's easier to work with LCPD:FR's keys (until the actually support the Xbox controller), but the controller for flying the helicopters.

I use my Keyboard. I tried it with gamepad but went back because with all those mods i use , i always had to switch between Controller and Keyboard and after a while i just automaticly dropped the Controller and said..to hell with that xD