[SOLVED] How to get character's name?

Faya

I'm trying to figure out how to get the player's name but I can't really find it anywhere, LSPDFR Uses it in logging but I'm not sure if it's available in the API, if someone knows how to get it that would be great.

Persona.FromExistingPed just generates a random name.

(With character I don't mean model name, I mean the actual name the user gave the character.)

Edited by Faya

🇳🇱

• Management Team

You should use the LSPDFR API function GetPersonaForPed.

Calling Persona.FromExistingPed will always generate a new Persona and will never search the internal LSPDFR cache for an existing one.

I've looked at the code and Persona.FromExistingPed is really not supposed to be called on the player ped, by the looks of the code, it could corrupt the player ped Persona. I will try and confirm this with LMS.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

You should use the LSPDFR API function GetPersonaForPed.

Calling Persona.FromExistingPed will always generate a new Persona and will never search the internal LSPDFR cache for an existing one.

I've looked at the code and Persona.FromExistingPed is really not supposed to be called on the player ped, by the looks of the code, it could corrupt the player ped Persona. I will try and confirm this with LMS.

Thanks👍

🇳🇱

• The title was changed to [SOLVED] How to get character's name?