[QUESTION] Callout timer

ZPhDevs

What do you mean call this feature I dont understand. If you just want to start a pursuit whether it be a robbery or not, and are using RagePluginHook to run lspdfr, press f4 and a ragepluginhook menu pops up, now type "StartCallout Pursuit" which will start a pursuit. If you want to start a holdup, do the same, "StartCallout Holdup" and same for every callout you download in the future.

GRAY

No, what I meant was how one would go about coding this feature. I haven't found it anywhere yet, looking through the LSPDFR API and RageHookDev document.

EDIT:  I basically want to try an add the same function to a callout I've been working on. 

Edited by ZPhDevs

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

You probably want to work with RNUI for the timer bar and add pursuit logic based off of that.

Oh I see. Well I figured since LSPDFR does it without involving RNUI (assumed) something like that was possible without adding more references. I wanted to try and keep down the requirements for users.

Edited by ZPhDevs

Looking at RNUI it does indeed have Timer Bars, however it doesn't seem to have a countdown. Not when browsing through the documentation on GitHub atleast.

Maybe @LMS knows more about how LSPDFR handles the Timerbars.

EDIT: I've found when using LSPD_First_Response.Engine.UI there's TimerBarBase, TextTimerBar and BarTimerBar, which does sound like what I'm looking for. But then, being new to scripting in general, I really don't know how to make any good use of it.

Edited by ZPhDevs

• Management Team

We do not expose that functionality.

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

16 minutes ago, LMS said:

We do not expose that functionality.

That's alright. I was just wondering if there was anything in the API document I didn't fully understand. But if that's the case I'll look more closely into RNUI and see if I can get something to work from there.

Thanks for responding! 🙂

13 minutes ago, ZPhDevs said:

That's alright. I was just wondering if there was anything in the API document I didn't fully understand. But if that's the case I'll look more closely into RNUI and see if I can get something to work from there.

Thanks for responding! 🙂

Make a down counting timer, format the seconds / milliseconds and display the value in the bartimerbar

For LSPDFR support join my discord:
https://discord.gg/4zx2uXCmMe

❤️

I got the  bar to show up when the callout started by adding the code to the callout. Being new to this, I couldn't figure out how to call it from a separate item. But I'll leave that for the future.

What's the easiest approach to making a count down timer? Using Game.GameTime or Windows.Timer ? 

EDIT: I used an integer decreasing value for the timer until I can understand how to make full use of Game.GameTime. It's working properly except for when the game is slowed down. But I can live with that for now.

When the integer value is 0 (Time is up), a boolean is switched to true so other methods can detect it.

I made it like this. The pursuit is properly triggered when the timer reaches 0 but it's immediately called off and the callout is ended.

I suspect this is because of some LOS issue? Is there a way to trigger a pursuit with a ped without the player being nearby?

if (TimeUp && Game.LocalPlayer.Character.DistanceTo(Mugger.Position) > 30f)
            {
                pursuit = Functions.CreatePursuit();
                Functions.AddPedToPursuit(pursuit, Mugger);
                Functions.SetPursuitIsActiveForPlayer(pursuit, true);
                Functions.PlayScannerAudio("ATTENTION_ALL_UNITS CRIME_RESIST_ARREST IN_OR_ON_POSITION UNITS_RESPOND_CODE_3 ");
                PursuitCreated = true;
                Mugger.BlockPermanentEvents = false;

Victim.Tasks.ReactAndFlee(Mugger);
                SearchArea.Delete();
                CallSpot.Delete();
            }

Edited by ZPhDevs