LSPDFR 0.4.9 API Update

LMS

• Management Team

LSPDFR 0.4.9 introduces very minor API additions.

Functions

• SetPursuitvestigativeMode
  • GetIlluminatedClothingStyle
  • SetPedArrestIgnoreGroup

Documentation

LSPD First Response.XML

Check the bottom of this thread for new functions introduced in build 8151 (April 27, 2022).

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

• The topic was pinned
  • Management Team

Expanding a bit on how investigative mode will work from a developer perspective:

We expect you to call SetPursuitInvestigativeMode right after creating a chase. You can technically call it while a chase is already running, but that behavior is currently undefined, you have been warned. What this does internally is make all cops use the less aggressive response and approach behavior where they will walk up to a suspect hands on holster and then confront the suspect. The suspect can then surrender or flee. The latter then turns the chase into a traditional pursuit. During investigative mode, the suspect will wander around normally, but can react to the player or other cops and might surrender or flee on sight. Chances here are influenced by whether the player/cop is armed and how heavily currently.

Should the suspect get involved into combat or enter a vehicle during investigative mode, the chase will automatically be turned into a traditional pursuit. We have many more plans for this concept including the ability for AI officers to ticket and warn suspects and it is certainly not fully fledged out yet. I thought to throw in the API call anyway to at least familiarize yourself a bit better with the experience and do a few tests here and there. If you have any questions or comments, let me know here.

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

A note about the two other API functions in 0.4.9 as well:

Calling SetPedArrestIgnoreGroup with true will set the specific Ped to be ingored when LSPDFR checks if they can be stopped by the player when pressing and holding E.  This theoretically should allow for normally restricted peds like firefighters to be stopped (and potentially arrested, ticketed, etc. too).  Note that it only applies to on-foot stops at the moment and not traffic stops or gunpoint arrest takedowns.

GetIlluminatedClothingStyle simply retrieves the currently set Illuminted Clothing Style from the Interaction MenuWe added this to keep consistency of most current settings in the Interaction Menu being gettable through the API, and this can be either:

• Off
  • On
  • Pulse
  • Flash

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be."

• 7 months later...
  • Management Team

The small update today added a few more functions, namely:

• AcceptPendingCallout
  • GetCalloutAcceptanceState
  • GetPursuitCops
  • HasPedSurrendered
  • SetPedDisableCrimeEvents
  • SetPlayerInteractionAction

LSPD First Response.XML

• 3 months later...
  • Management Team

The update today added a few more functions, namely:

• GetPlayerWalkStyle
  • IsPedKneelingTaskActive
  • OnPedContrabandFound (event)

LSPD First Response.XML