L.A Area / LAPD Vehicles / CHP

Hello all,

I've been searching for some LAPD pictures, such as uniforms, vehicles. 

Well some uniforms aren't that hard to find, and the crown vic's aren't either.

Though I was wondering ( If somebody lived in that area ) if they already saw the 2013 charger / taurus ( They should be rolling on the streets now ) 

I've checked a few police car websites, but with no results.

I was wondering, if somebody that lived in that area, could make / find some pictures, or hell even somebody that knows where I can find the actually pictures.

Also I don't know how many kinds of L.A PD helicopters there are, but I only found 3 close up pictures.

This is because my interest for L.A. PD is pretty high, but after e-mailing them I had no response ( Of course why should they reply on such question haha :P )

I was also searching for some California Highway Patrol stuff, from k-9 vests to vehicles.

Kind Regards,

Ref

If this has been misplaced, i`m sorry moderators.

Hi!

Well I'm from France but I went to LA in September and took a few pictures and videos of cop cars 

I mainly saw Ford Crown Vics, but also 2 Dodge Charger (I don't know if they are 2013 Chargers)

I saw a Taurus but it was not LAPD

I put my stuff on flickr for you if you want to have a look: http://www.flickr.com/photos/101033873@N02/sets/72157636632553656/

It's not much but maybe you will find something interesting

Edited by Officer_Lenny

@Bravo 9 I'm pretty sure that is a civilian concept of what an LAPD Caprice would look like.

As far as I know, 2011+ chargers have only started coming into service since last year, and that was 2 vehicles, one of them a concept car. They come equipped with standard equipment (Only real difference AFAIK is intersection lights on the side). The only exception to equipment is this concept dodge charger. According to one well known member on here that lives in the area, that charger is an actual patrol car when not on display.

According to this article, the LAPD ordered more chargers (100) as well as a mixture of 38 Taurus's and 50 Explorers back in June. Chargers should already be fully on the streets, while the new Fords are just starting to get there (no photos anywhere unfortunately). 

Sticks and stones may break bones, but 5.56 fragments on impact.

@Bravo 9 I'm pretty sure that is a civilian concept of what an LAPD Caprice would look like.

As far as I know, 2011+ chargers have only started coming into service since last year, and that was 2 vehicles, one of them a concept car. They come equipped with standard equipment (Only real difference AFAIK is intersection lights on the side). The only exception to equipment is this concept dodge charger. According to one well known member on here that lives in the area, that charger is an actual patrol car when not on display.

According to this article, the LAPD ordered more chargers (100) as well as a mixture of 38 Taurus's and 50 Explorers back in June. Chargers should already be fully on the streets, while the new Fords are just starting to get there (no photos anywhere unfortunately). 

This is indeed correct.

That member had taken some pretty amazing pictures of their Charger and as far as I know they have no intention of purchasing the Caprice.

Clearly, their main vehicle will be the Charger. I am not sure why the Fords were purchased aswell though. It will be interesting to see how the department goes forward with these vehicles. They are not one of the wealthiest departments in so-cal and I am sure there will be issues with maintaining the chargers going forward as I heard they are ridiculous in comparison to the Vic. 

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/hENU8n2.gif[/img][/center]
[center][b][url="http://www.twitch.tv/pengi33"][color=#800080]Twitch [/color][/url]|[url="https://twitter.com/Pengi33"][color=#40e0d0]Twitter [/color][/url]| [url="http://brokedoggaming.com/"][color=#008000]BrokeDogGaming[/color][/url] | [url="http://lcpdmods.com/"][color=#0000cd]LCPD[/color][color=#b22222]MODS[/color][/url][/b][/center]

This is indeed correct.

That member had taken some pretty amazing pictures of their Charger and as far as I know they have no intention of purchasing the Caprice.

Clearly, their main vehicle will be the Charger. I am not sure why the Fords were purchased aswell though. It will be interesting to see how the department goes forward with these vehicles. They are not one of the wealthiest departments in so-cal and I am sure there will be issues with maintaining the chargers going forward as I heard they are ridiculous in comparison to the Vic. 

They most likely got the interceptors for evaluating purposes to see if they are more durable than the charger (they had already had 2 chargers in service for a year at the time of the order).

And yeah, chargers are a big pain to maintain, and the 2006-10 model was definitely not suited for patrol use. Time will tell if any of these new cars are better.

Sticks and stones may break bones, but 5.56 fragments on impact.

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that the LAPD still uses the bell jet ranger and the AS350, as I have seen them around at a couple of airshows recently. I also saw a CHP AS350 with a green/gold paint scheme, if that helps. Also, an LA county sheriff Super Puma or Sea King (I can't tell, it flies too high) flies over my house once an a while.

Edited by br100x

Here's an article from today, showcasing the new LAPD Ford Interceptors: http://www.policemag.com/blog/vehicles/story/2013/10/iacp-2013-lapd-s-next-gen-ford-police-interceptors.aspx

So LAPD is going to start using Valor's on all cars or just these ones? What a ugly choice ;p 

monkey_funny_face.gif

You can find all the currently used cop cars on flickr.com, since users always take pictures of the newest stuff. You can see the CHP Ford PIU, and currently LAPD only has 1 2012 Charger in service. All the others are just showcase / concept cars. Rampart divison has the 2012 Charger btw.

CHP Ford PIU:

CHP'' target='_blank'>CHP>CHP

CHP'' target='_blank'>CHP>CHP

LAPD 2012 Dodge Charger'' target='_blank'>LAPD 2012 Dodge Charger>LAPD 2012 Dodge Charger

I don't think you'll be able to see the Ford PIs or Caprices or whatever the LAPD bought since they slowly start getting rid of crown vics.