Why is CHP the most popular state agency in the US?

When I look out for a state agency photos and videos, I always find out that the one with most of them is California Highway Patrol.

You can notice it in this website, for example:

http://www.policecarwebsite.net/main.html

Another example is when it comes to the videos on YouTube. There are countless videos about CHP.

Is it because of being the largest state agency in the US? Or because it's more trained and experienced than other state agencies?

What do CHP have to be so special?

Edited by badass22

Raffaele Ronga

Kewl black'n'whites with a big star and a love for Crownvics. What's not to love?

However outside of the US not many people would notice a difference between LAPD, LASD, CHP or SFPD, I think :D

Edited by Hastings

13 hours ago, Hastings said:

Kewl black'n'whites with a big star and a love for Crownvics. What's not to love?

However outside of the US not many people would notice a difference between LAPD, LASD, CHP or SFPD, I think :D

That's anyone not into LE. I mean if you ask them to draw a NYPD design there going to start by making it black and white.

• 1 month later...
On 16.5.2017 at 2:17 PM, Hastings said:

Well buddy,

i'm from Germany and i could tell you hundreds of differences between these agencies.

7 hours ago, Schecter004 said:

Well buddy,

i'm from Germany and i could tell you hundreds of differences between these agencies.

I'm from Russia and I could do this and tell something about German police too. But then again, I don't know anyone around me who could/who cares.

2 hours ago, SeabrookGaming said:

They are definitely known for their tactics.. just like the LAPD. 

I think the LAPD was more infamous for how corrupted they were at some point in history, as well as how merciless and vicious they were. At least that's how they were often depicted here, and even in movies.

On 7/19/2017 at 1:07 AM, Hystery said:

I think the LAPD was more infamous for how corrupted they were at some point in history, as well as how merciless and vicious they were. At least that's how they were often depicted here, and even in movies.

Maybe that too, but I believe that they [LAPD mainly] were more famous due to the fact they were simply the police force surrounding Hollywood. Not too surprising that they were typically the face of American police in media.