Everything posted by Double Doppler
-
NYPD uniform 1
I like the fact that you improved on the default uniforms, however I think that you should remove (or add the option to remove) the taser, because the NYPD dont use them en masse.
- 5 comments
- 3 reviews
-
Worth learning to script?
I was thinking about learning to use programming in GTA IV to write scripts, so that I could gain experience using the C++ syntax and do something productive at the same time, such as write some handy supplementary mods for LCPDFR like some of the other good authors around here. But seeing as GTA IV's spotlight-life seems to be coming to an end, Im starting to think it might not be worth the time learning it. Its the same story with Arma at the moment, Arma 2 is going out of date soon, and Arma 3 is on the way, but there is still no fixed release date. Thanks. I took a look at those links. So it seems to be that there is no native programming language for GTA IV, but user/community made APIs? And so there are two paths one can take, for programming, the C++ script hook for using the C++ syntax, and the .NET one for people who are more accustomed for using .NET? Is .NET a separate language, or is it a name for a specific programming interface?
-
Worth learning to script?
Im learning C++ at the moment, and I just thought is it worth learning to script in GTA IV? I mean, can it give experience using the programming language and a good window to try out syntax with the GTA IV engine as a base? I thought it might be a good idea to improve on skills and such, and do something useful while at it. After learning the syntax, and possibly some windows APIs, is it worth learning it the time and effort for experience? Can the C++ language be used to write scripts in GTA IV? Also, what namespaces does it operate in, and is there an API with a list of in-built functions and variables used by the game? Is there a GTA IV scripting command/object reference? I dont know much about scripting for GTA IV, but scripting/programming in general is nothing new for me. I am already a scripter for Arma 2 so I know what it is like to code in a game engine (but not through an external API).
-
BMW 320i London Metropolitan Police
-
Fatal crash in Frankfurt/Main
-
EFLC 2012 11 17 22 37 34 71
-
HELP! VW Crafter Box flipping all over the place when trying to turn.
The Police Stockade uses the standard "STOCKADE" handling line which all derivatives of the stockade use (bank stockade, civ stockade, police and noose stockade). I dont think the "#SWAT" line was ever used in the game.
-
Simple car mods
Just dont use any high poly mods. I think luxart made alot of stock car mods ELS enabled and with rambars and stuff. You can find alot of them on here and GPM.
-
Informative Gang Intel (if anyone wants it)
Now you posted all that information, I dont suggest you visit those areas anymore in LC. You might get jumped...
-
NYPD Font
I heard it was "Rockwell Extra Bold"
-
High Speed Chase 2
-
London Met Police Car Pack (26/5/14 - V4.0 ELS V8 ENABLED!)
Thanks. Did you install the separate handling for the Galaxy? There is one provided in the folder the files are in because it is not compatible with the handling of the Volvo (which is default). I cant fix the police bike, I didnt make the model (BritishPoliceMods did), but I made the textures and handling. The spawning might be related to your trainer you are using to spawn it.
-
Undercover Officer Ped
Uh.. arent there already undercover ped models in game?
-
BASEBALL BAT PROBLEM!!!
This one is the best
-
2012 Chevrolet Impala - Liberty City Police Department (ELS)
Use Sgt. Kaynos handling lines they are in a thread somewhere around the forums and I have used them with no problems at all
- 28 comments
- 23 reviews
-
SNT Question regarding liveries...
Happens to me too, with some models. For some reason they spawn with multiple liveries but I cant seem to change to them with the trainer...
-
Good companions and friends
-
Learning The Basics
I use CS5.
-
Learning The Basics
If you can, use photoshop. You dont have to learn advanced computing to use it, you can just watch a few tutorials (there are loads on youtube) and gain skill by using it over time. Its fairly easy to use once you get the hang of it.
-
ELS Question
It only happens when you enable vehicles with ELS. You can disable vehicles using ELS in the config file (useful if you have non ELS vehicles as well as ELS enabled ones). And yes, ELS vehicles have that door opening bug. It happens because the car is constantly updated with changing components IIRC.
- London Met Police Car Pack (26/5/14 - V4.0 ELS V8 ENABLED!)
- London Met Police Car Pack (26/5/14 - V4.0 ELS V8 ENABLED!)
- London Met Police Car Pack (26/5/14 - V4.0 ELS V8 ENABLED!)
- vdH METT/Coroner Mod v.1.0.0 [REL]
- vdH METT/Coroner Mod