TheStegosaurus

First attempt at making liveries (constructive critisism welcome)

Hey guys,

Been trying to be more active on here recently helping others.

I've also tried my hand at making new skins for the modded vehicles in my game. None of them are really based on any real PD, just whatever takes my fancy and what I feel 'fits' what a real police might have.

BCSO is the green/white livery because I loved the old VCPD cars from Vice City

LSPD is the Silver with blue stripe, loosely based off of the Chevrolet PD promo car that Chevy did some years ago.

C&C welcome! Just go a bit easy, these are my very first attempts

20190103215500_1.jpg

20190103221602_1.jpg

20190103221632_1.jpg

20190103221704_1.jpg

20190103201615_1.jpg

20190103201618_1.jpg

20190103201633_1.jpg

I think they look great even though they're your first!

Personally, I don't really like the tilted blue lines, keep 'em straight. I think that you could draw a blue line straight until it reaches the front of the car, and then it can start tilting slightly downwards toward the headlight.

The Sheriff's livery is my favorite, but I think that the black and yellow lines should keep going along the front of the car, instead of just having them stop at the department logo.

I really like what you did with the "Sheriff" text on the rear of the car!

Thanks for the words of encouragement 🙂

Also had a go at making some Chicago style cars today. Reminds me of the old days of Driver 2!

Hoping I can get permission from the creator of the vehicles so I can release the skins

20190104110952_1.jpg

20190104111031_1.jpg

20190104111111_1.jpg

20190104111124_1.jpg

20190104111155_1.jpg

20190104111206_1.jpg

20190104110851_1.jpg

20190104110905_1.jpg

53 minutes ago, TheStegosaurus said:

20190104111124_1.jpg

They look good too! Two things about the flag, though;

1. on CPD cars the flag is just as tall as the blue line is, so it neatly covers that part of the line.

2. The stars on the American flag are always supposed to point forward, so if you've got a flag on the right-hand side of a car/uniform the stars should be in the right corner of the flag.

Hoping I can get permission from the creator of the vehicles so I can release the skins

As far as I know you never need to get permission if you want to make a skin for a car. As long as you give credit to the template/model creator when you release the skin it's fine. Check the README for your model before you take my word for it, however. Keep in mind that there are plenty of Crown Vic templates that have pretty much identical layouts, so a Crown Vic skin usually fits any Crown Vic model.

3 minutes ago, lovkal said:

They look good too! Two things about the flag, though;

1. on CPD cars the flag is just as tall as the blue line is, so it neatly covers that part of the line.

2. The stars on the American flag are always supposed to point forward, so if you've got a flag on the right-hand side of a car/uniform the stars should be in the right corner of the flag.

As far as I know you never need to get permission if you want to make a skin for a car. As long as you give credit to the template/model creator when you release the skin it's fine. Check the README for your model before you take my word for it, however. Keep in mind that there are plenty of Crown Vic templates that have pretty much identical layouts, so a Crown Vic skin usually fits any Crown Vic model.

Ahh good to know about the US Flag - it's stuff like that which I wouldn't know as I live in the UK 🙂

Good news about the permissions too 😄

Thanks a lot! 🙂

Just now, TheStegosaurus said:

Ahh good to know about the US Flag - it's stuff like that which I wouldn't know as I live in the UK 🙂

Thanks a lot! 🙂

Yeah, I made that mistake as well, it happens to all Europeans probably heh.

No problem and good luck!

Had another play around and made an NYPD State Trooper style skin.

I'm attemping to make an NYPD City police livery, but it's not lining up as cleanly as I'd like.

thumbnail_20190109183707_1.jpg

Anyone knows where can I find the 1996-97 crown vic template and the 1992-94 Chevy Caprice template??