ElijahHall

What's your beat/unit name/number?

Just out of curiosity, what's your beat number or unit number (correct me if it's actual called something else, I'm not close to LEO profession, at all) when you patrol the streets of San Andreas? I personally call myself 'E Hall. 1K-11', I  know it's not genuine but I don't try to. And have you set it up properly through various scripts and plugins or do you just roleplay that in your head.

My unit name/number is 4 Ocean 24, and I have gone through all the scripts and changed it.  I still do roleplay it out, though.

1 minute ago, Giordano said:

My unit name/number is 4 Ocean 24, and I have gone through all the scripts and changed it.  I still do roleplay it out, though.

Yeah I did do the same with my folder, I changed it in every script/plugin available so it will say my details when ever it's supposed to be mentioned. I think it's pretty immersive that the dispatch even say your beat number with an audio file. Makes it more fun to patrol and gets you hyped in a way!

I really need to roleplay more now that I can finally play LSPDFR without any crashes for over 2 hours, mostly. Any suggestions to roleplay in a more realistic way?

5 minutes ago, ElijahHall said:

Yeah I did do the same with my folder, I changed it in every script/plugin available so it will say my details when ever it's supposed to be mentioned. I think it's pretty immersive that the dispatch even say your beat number with an audio file. Makes it more fun to patrol and gets you hyped in a way!

I really need to roleplay more now that I can finally play LSPDFR without any crashes for over 2 hours, mostly. Any suggestions to roleplay in a more realistic way?

The best advice I have to make up scenarios, which sometimes unfortunately means you're technically breaking the law.

For example, say you pull over someone.  Roleplay that you asked for their ID and they refused.  Call another unit on scene and go from there.  Either roleplay his cooperation, or force him out of the vehicle and arrest him.  Yeah, not legit since they currently have no choice but to give you their ID, but you gotta overlook some of that stuff if you really want to make your own scenes.

6 minutes ago, Giordano said:

The best advice I have to make up scenarios, which sometimes unfortunately means you're technically breaking the law.

For example, say you pull over someone.  Roleplay that you asked for their ID and they refused.  Call another unit on scene and go from there.  Either roleplay his cooperation, or force him out of the vehicle and arrest him.  Yeah, not legit since they currently have no choice but to give you their ID, but you gotta overlook some of that stuff if you really want to make your own scenes.

Yeah I suppose that would be the downside, I really do like to play as realistic as possible and I believe doing it your way might ruin it for me. I do enjoy LSPDFR and all the callouts so far so hopefully that'll stay that way in a while.

But eventually I might have to do your way since I would've seen every callout after a while. Appreciate the tip to be a dirty cop 😉

1-lincoln-18

i like to rp 'properly' too. having the right combination of scripts and plugins helps because you don't have to 'artificially' create scenarios then, they happen organically. i forget which one does it but sometimes i get drivers who refuse to give a Breathalyzer test, and STP introduced a cool new feature where there's a % chance that a ped will fight (out of the % of peds that choose to flee), and with LSPDFR Comes Alive there's ambient events going on all around you. 

I try to be as good as a cop as I can 🙂

4 minutes ago, foggydewhurst said:

1-lincoln-18

i like to rp 'properly' too. having the right combination of scripts and plugins helps because you don't have to 'artificially' create scenarios then, they happen organically. i forget which one does it but sometimes i get drivers who refuse to give a Breathalyzer test, and STP introduced a cool new feature where there's a % chance that a ped will fight (out of the % of peds that choose to flee), and with LSPDFR Comes Alive there's ambient events going on all around you. 

I try to be as good as a cop as I can 🙂

Alright, I feel you on that one. I do the same, I have the more popular callouts and scripts but yet to lower the time for them so they happen more often. I also roll with Callout Manager so I can manually request a job. Other than that I try to play as realistic as possible but I still have a long way to go I suppose.

I clicked through your video a little and it looks cool, I might get that script to have more ambient event happening. Makes it easier to be a cop if there's a chance you can attend a scene without dispatch giving it to you! Cheers!

yeah LSPDFR Comes Alive. There's ambient muggings, car thieves, murders etc. Also I forgot which plugin it is but there's one with ambient lights off, underglow, car that's unworthy for the road etc. traffic policer i think. one of albo's anyway. I even like doing the 'boring' stuff in LSPDFR, the cleanup. It's my favourite part! xD I'm weird. With Wilderness plugin you have a vet and air ambulance option which is great for RPing in the countryside and beach. Sometimes I come across a dead animal, or someone beat to death away from roads. But with that plugin you have to turn all ambient events off or it'll cause crashes.

By the way if you haven't already, I'd recommend installing 'Rageuphoria' and 'no reticle' for ultimate immersion, watch the ragdoll physics of these gangstas that went cray cray as i was trying to ticket someone for having headlights off. Totally adds to the enjoyment of the game 100x, for me anyway 🙂

36 minutes ago, foggydewhurst said:

yeah LSPDFR Comes Alive. There's ambient muggings, car thieves, murders etc. Also I forgot which plugin it is but there's one with ambient lights off, underglow, car that's unworthy for the road etc. traffic policer i think. one of albo's anyway. I even like doing the 'boring' stuff in LSPDFR, the cleanup. It's my favourite part! xD I'm weird. With Wilderness plugin you have a vet and air ambulance option which is great for RPing in the countryside and beach. Sometimes I come across a dead animal, or someone beat to death away from roads. But with that plugin you have to turn all ambient events off or it'll cause crashes.

By the way if you haven't already, I'd recommend installing 'Rageuphoria' and 'no reticle' for ultimate immersion, watch the ragdoll physics of these gangstas that went cray cray as i was trying to ticket someone for having headlights off. Totally adds to the enjoyment of the game 100x, for me anyway 🙂

I currently roll with Wilderness Callouts and I do have ambient events on and my game is fine, I've had tons of issues with the game in the past and kind of left the LSPDFR scene because of it. I recently came back and so far it's been a smooth sail. Except for lag issues with Police Search and crash issues with Traffic Control, Police Search wasn't needed since I have Stop the Ped and Search Warrant. Traffic Control is no point since every car didn't bother to stop when using it.

But like I said, so far it's been a joyride, and I'm kind of happy where I am now in the game. As long as it works right!

I noticed you play with the default cars, why not use ELS vehicles? 🙂

I use ELS-style lighting with custom visuals + siren mastery. i'm not really bothered about replacing cars etc i'm not really a car person irl though. sometimes i mod my game brit-style so install brit cars etc but not often default cars are fine for me 🙂

4 hours ago, foggydewhurst said:

I use ELS-style lighting with custom visuals + siren mastery. i'm not really bothered about replacing cars etc i'm not really a car person irl though. sometimes i mod my game brit-style so install brit cars etc but not often default cars are fine for me 🙂

Alright, sounds legit to me. Yeah I like the default look of the cars which is why I grabbed a look a like pack, but the default cars have been seen by my eyes for too many hours unfortunately...

At the same time I wanna stick to the lore or some sense of realism, but it's still very much a journey!

Name: Yoshe P.

Unit Number(US Patrols) - 1-Lincoln/Lima-19

Unit Number(UK Patrols) - Sierra Oscar 1[Insp.] | Sierra Oscar 524[PC] | Trojan 19[ARU]

Unit Number(HK Patrols) - SGT/PC 52422[Ft. Ptrl.] | Car/Bike 22[EU/TE&C]

It's set-up in game with scripts/plugins whenever I use said callsign.

1 hour ago, YoshePlays said:

Name: Yoshe P.

Unit Number(US Patrols) - 1-Lincoln/Lima-19

Unit Number(UK Patrols) - Sierra Oscar 1[Insp.] | Sierra Oscar 524[PC] | Trojan 19[ARU]

Unit Number(HK Patrols) - SGT/PC 52422[Ft. Ptrl.] | Car/Bike 22[EU/TE&C]

It's set-up in game with scripts/plugins whenever I use said callsign.

Oh very complex, I like it very much. I just use one since San Andreas is the US but very nice still 🙂

2 minutes ago, ElijahHall said:

Oh very complex, I like it very much. I just use one since San Andreas is the US but very nice still 🙂

Yeah, I switch between US/UK/HK from time to time 😜

I'll usually swap after a couple months of sticking with one.

2 minutes ago, YoshePlays said:

Yeah, I switch between US/UK/HK from time to time 😜

I'll usually swap after a couple months of sticking with one.

I wish, that'd break my mind since I live for realism and immersion. Good it's working out for you I suppose 😄

2 minutes ago, ElijahHall said:

I wish, that'd break my mind since I live for realism and immersion. Good it's working out for you I suppose 😄

Yeah I live for realism and immersion too, that's why when I "switch countries" I practically change everything to American/British, that's also why I take couple months before I swap, so that I when I start to get bored/fall out of the immersion of "one country", I can just swap to the next one and replenish the immersion.

1 minute ago, YoshePlays said:

Yeah I live for realism and immersion too, that's why when I "switch countries" I practically change everything to American/British, that's also why I take couple months before I swap, so that I when I start to get bored/fall out of the immersion of "one country", I can just swap to the next one and replenish the immersion.

Well there you go, I guess if that works for you then you're solid. For me personally it just wouldn't work at all, since my mind knows where I am LoL 😄

Well I dont really remember most of them anymore from communities honestly. But the best one I had was 1K13 as a sub-unit leader in investigations.

10 hours ago, Ragnrok said:

Well I dont really remember most of them anymore from communities honestly. But the best one I had was 1K13 as a sub-unit leader in investigations.

There you go, close to mine. Why KING though? 😄

10 hours ago, ElijahHall said:

There you go, close to mine. Why KING though? 😄

(King's usually a supervisor unit in US Callsigns)

EDIT: Meant to say it is used in most RP-servers as the admin/supervisor unit.

Edited by YoshePlays

6 minutes ago, YoshePlays said:

(King's usually a supervisor unit in US Callsigns)

I did not know that, I picked it because I thought that was the only one that sounded good in my head. So call names actually have a purpose other than sounding cool 😄

7 minutes ago, ElijahHall said:

I did not know that, I picked it because I thought that was the only one that sounded good in my head. So call names actually have a purpose other than sounding cool 😄

Correction: Meant to say it is used in most RP-servers as the admin/supervisor unit.

Here's the actual callsign list:

Spoiler

A: Two officer patrol unit ("Adam")

D : SWAT ("David")

E: Ticket writing car

L: One officer patrol unit. ("Lincoln"); ( "X" or "T" units shall use the letter "L" following the regular service letter when applicable.)

TL:traffic supervisor, TL units usually carry the rank of Sergeant

M: Motorcycle unit ("Mary"); (MQ: motorcycle on special assignment, MQ: DUI enforcement)

C or "cycle": Bicycle unit

CP: Command Post

FB: Foot Beat (Foot Patrol)

T: Traffic investigator ("Tom")

TL: Traffic single officer car or field supervisor (a Sergeant in a Traffic Division)

SLO: Senior Lead Officer

G: Gang enforcement unit ("George")

H: Detective ("Henry")

J: Juvenile Investigator

N: Narcotics

R: Metro Unit

W: Detective ("William")

U: Report-taking Unit ("Union")

V: Vice ("Victor")

OP: Observation Post (normally, a small bus operating as a mobile command unit for major incidents)

Q: Special detail (Not to be assigned radio calls. Works on a specific crime mission)

X: Extra patrol ("X-ray")

Z: Special detail ("Zebra"); (Not to be assigned radio calls. Works on a specific crime mission)

The immediate supervisor of any patrol officer is called a Field Supervisor, which typically have beats that end in zero beginning from 2 through 7 (for example, 7-L-60 for a Wilshire Area supervisor). The Watch commander is a usually a lieutenant I at a geographic division. Their radio code always ends in L-10 (e.g., the watch commander at division 6 or Hollywood Area station is always 6-L-10). The Watch commander is responsible for the geographic area (e.g. "Southwest Area") and reports to the area patrol captain I.

Edited by YoshePlays

2 minutes ago, YoshePlays said:

Correction: Meant to say it is used in most RP-servers as the admin unit.

Here's the actual callsign list:

Reveal hidden contents

A: Two officer patrol unit ("Adam")

😧 SWAT ("David")

E: Ticket writing car

L: One officer patrol unit. ("Lincoln"); ( "X" or "T" units shall use the letter "L" following the regular service letter when applicable.):traffic supervisor, TL units usually carry the rank of Sergeant

M: Motorcycle unit ("Mary"); (MQ: motorcycle on special assignment, MQ: DUI enforcement)

C or "cycle": Bicycle unit

CP: Command Post

FB: Foot Beat (Foot Patrol)

T: Traffic investigator ("Tom")

TL: Traffic single officer car or field supervisor (a Sergeant in a Traffic Division)

SLO: Senior Lead Officer

G: Gang enforcement unit ("George")

H: Detective ("Henry")

J: Juvenile Investigator

N: Narcotics

R: Metro Unit

W: Detective ("William")

U: Report-taking Unit ("Union")

V: Vice ("Victor")

OP: Observation Post (normally, a small bus operating as a mobile command unit for major incidents)

Q: Special detail (Not to be assigned radio calls. Works on a specific crime mission)

X: Extra patrol ("X-ray")

Z: Special detail ("Zebra"); (Not to be assigned radio calls. Works on a specific crime mission)

The immediate supervisor of any patrol officer is called a Field Supervisor, which typically have beats that end in zero beginning from 2 through 7 (for example, 7-L-60 for a Wilshire Area supervisor). The Watch commander is a usually a lieutenant I at a geographic division. Their radio code always ends in L-10 (e.g., the watch commander at division 6 or Hollywood Area station is always 6-L-10). The Watch commander is responsible for the geographic area (e.g. "Southwest Area") and reports to the area patrol captain I.

That's it, man you learn so much from playing a mod for a video game. Then again I'm not an american citizen so that's why but still 😄 Cheers