InvalidConflict

Lightbars and windows are blacked out.

What slot are you using? If you're using a slot that usually has tint on the windows, it'll apply the tint to the lightbar glass as it would the window glass. To fix this, you'll have to make some chances to the vehicles.meta.

11 hours ago, WillUnderscore said:

What slot are you using? If you're using a slot that usually has tint on the windows, it'll apply the tint to the lightbar glass as it would the window glass. To fix this, you'll have to make some chances to the vehicles.meta.

You should tell him what line to edit in the meta file.

11 hours ago, InvalidConflict said:

Okay, thanks. I'll try it out.

Use a trainer to change the window tint to "stock" or "none" such as Simple Trainer.

Edited by Pavy

9 hours ago, Pavy said:

You should tell him what line to edit in the meta file.

Maybe it's because I don't know what the line is? Why don't you tell him?

2 hours ago, WillUnderscore said:

Maybe it's because I don't know what the line is? Why don't you tell him?

So if you don't know then why are you telling him to do something you are unfamiliar with.

If I knew I would obviously tell him but I gave him a different solution with a trainer.

23 hours ago, InvalidConflict said:

Okay, thanks. I'll try it out.

Spoiler

1) For those who aren't interested in editing any files and just want to play, open your trainer, go to the vehicle mods section.  Find the tint option, and set it to one of the settings, then switch back to "none".  This should fix it.  You will need to do this each time it spawns, and when AI use the vehicle, it will have the tint.

2) You will need to navigate to the vehicles.meta in OpenIV.  For vanilla vehicles, go to mods-->update-->update-->common-->data-->levels-->gta 5.  Grab the vehicles.meta and drag it to your desktop.  Now open it with a text editor.  Notepad works, but I recommend Notepad++.   Note: If you plan to edit these files a lot, Sublime Txt is what I prefer over everything.

Once the meta is opened, press CTRL F to search for the vehicle you want to edit.  In the meta you'll find this line:

<diffuseTint value=" " />

Remove whatever number is there already and add this: 0x00FFFFFF

It should look like this now:

<diffuseTint value="0x00FFFFFF" />

Now save the edited meta and close out of the text editor.

In OpenIV, make sure you are in the same location that you originally extracted the meta from.

Click "edit mode" in the top right.

Now drag and drop the edited meta back in.

Click "save" and you're done.

Note: Some vehicles come with natural tint.  This cannot be edited or removed.  You'd need to ask the author about it

Taken from https://www.lcpdfr.com/forums/topic/80464-gta-v-support-frequently-asked-questions/

Edited by Pavy