jb431

Difference in Los Santos Sheriff types?

20181028140314_1.thumb.jpg.14992ae3495b947badca6febc3896f27.jpg

When choosing which agency to use in game there is an option to pick Los Santos County Sheriff or Los Santos Sheriff Department, does anyone know what the difference is, or if there is no difference?

Edited by jb431

I'm pretty sure it's just the name you want to use.

http://i.imgur.com/I0B5P1Y.png

This topic has been moved to the appropriate forum. Please post in the correct location in the future.

its the same, theres two sheriff departments in the game, ls county and blaine county

4 minutes ago, J T said:

its the same, theres two sheriff departments in the game, ls county and blaine county

I knew there were two, Blaine and Los Santos, just didn’t know why they listed an LSCS and an LSSD in addition to BCSO.

4 minutes ago, jb431 said:

I knew there were two, Blaine and Los Santos, just didn’t know why they listed an LSCS and an LSSD in addition to BCSO.

just a mistake on there part

I believe "LSSD" is from the Davis area of Los Santos and their name I suppose is Los Santos Sheriff's Department (which may also be why they have a Sheriff station in the city) and "LSCS" I guess is the jurisdiction of Vinewood Hills mostly and the surrounding areas of the county simply because of "county" in their name. Did you try activating them as your jurisdiction to see what their active radius is for call-outs? I haven't tried myself, but maybe you can try it out and check the map to see if it makes a difference. See if the call-outs spawn around Davis and of course the County. it seems like they're the same thing, but have different jurisdictions and their abbreviations I guess can be similar, but my only logical explanation is that Rockstar Games were too lazy to add details about having a "BCSO" station and their vehicles, so I guess they just scrapped the Blaine County Sheriff's Office idea, but thanks to modifications, we have them now. I don't know if they were actually going to make an official "BCSO" department for the game, but it would have made sense. Overall, it doesn't really make much sense, besides "LSSD" technically having jurisdiction in the city as a Sheriff and "LSCS" also having jurisdiction in the county as a Sheriff too.

On 10/31/2018 at 3:33 PM, JosephCWilson017 said:

I believe "LSSD" is from the Davis area of Los Santos and their name I suppose is Los Santos Sheriff's Department (which may also be why they have a Sheriff station in the city) and "LSCS" I guess is the jurisdiction of Vinewood Hills mostly and the surrounding areas of the county simply because of "county" in their name. Did you try activating them as your jurisdiction to see what their active radius is for call-outs? I haven't tried myself, but maybe you can try it out and check the map to see if it makes a difference. See if the call-outs spawn around Davis and of course the County. it seems like they're the same thing, but have different jurisdictions and their abbreviations I guess can be similar, but my only logical explanation is that Rockstar Games were too lazy to add details about having a "BCSO" station and their vehicles, so I guess they just scrapped the Blaine County Sheriff's Office idea, but thanks to modifications, we have them now. I don't know if they were actually going to make an official "BCSO" department for the game, but it would have made sense. Overall, it doesn't really make much sense, besides "LSSD" technically having jurisdiction in the city as a Sheriff and "LSCS" also having jurisdiction in the county as a Sheriff too.

Yea, it seems no matter what agency I select the call radius is always centered around my players position.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, jb431 said:

20181028140314_1.thumb.jpg.14992ae3495b947badca6febc3896f27.jpg

When choosing which agency to use in game there is an option to pick Los Santos County Sheriff or Los Santos Sheriff Department, does anyone know what the difference is, or if there is no difference?

What is the name of this mod?

On 12/9/2018 at 12:39 PM, Marlin2310 said:

What is the name of this mod?

22 hours ago, JosephCWilson017 said:

I believe this mod is called "LP Callouts"

Yes, it is LP callouts