Macgregor

ELS takedown light facing backwards

As the title suggests, the environmental light for my takedowns are facing the wrong way. Surely I'm not the only person who's found this issue. Anybody know of any fixes for this?

5nEnidM.png

RfLHUXW.png

If it's an ELS model, you'll have to check the VCF config for the vehicle. If it's non els, then go through the carvariations file and vehicles.meta...

But give the dummy a go first.

By the way, when do you think we can get that FIre Truck released? Looks pretty gorgious!

4 hours ago, Caffeinated said:

Rotate the Dummy or use the one in the Dev download section by HDgamerzPC

no luck with either of them, because i had to move the position of the dummy to match the object.

1 hour ago, Farhad A. said:

If it's an ELS model, you'll have to check the VCF config for the vehicle. If it's non els, then go through the carvariations file and vehicles.meta...

But give the dummy a go first.

By the way, when do you think we can get that FIre Truck released? Looks pretty gorgious!

I couldn't find anything in the vcf that related to this

45 minutes ago, Macgregor said:

no luck with either of them, because i had to move the position of the dummy to match the object.

hmmm... I remember we once had this issue with your Divvy van in our FiveM server, and I did something with the VCF to fix it. I'll continue looking into it.

On 9/8/2018 at 8:18 PM, Macgregor said:

What do you mean you had to move the position of the dummy to match the object? The dummy for extra_11 can be moved independently of the items linked to it in the hierarchy. 

On 9/11/2018 at 1:04 AM, Caffeinated said:

What do you mean you had to move the position of the dummy to match the object? The dummy for extra_11 can be moved independently of the items linked to it in the hierarchy. 

ELS bases it’s takedown lights by pointing the environmental light towards the centre of the (y)? axis. If the dummy is behind the axis, the light shines forwards. If the dummy is in front of the axis, the light shines backwards. I think it’s just the way that ELS was designed unfortunately

1 hour ago, Macgregor said:

ELS bases it’s takedown lights by pointing the environmental light towards the centre of the (y)? axis. If the dummy is behind the axis, the light shines forwards. If the dummy is in front of the axis, the light shines backwards. I think it’s just the way that ELS was designed unfortunately

I'm not sure if that is the way it works as admittedly I am new to making models. Check this out though.

1277644957_Dummyversusextra.thumb.png.2e7dd72e29856de9b1c250a7494446f7.png

In this screenshot, the dummy is both behind and below the take-downs emmisive. 

Here is a view from the left with the chassis node enabled. 

1018101212_forpost3.thumb.png.83f17325adc79aba0de84296b7b37867.png

96871005_forpost1.thumb.png.9dc762d14e85cf646e81c0bf58c01742.png573984408_forpost2.thumb.png.97fe27fea7bc7323d26b8278008a7fa6.png

Could you post photos of your dummy and take-down emissive locations?

23 hours ago, Caffeinated said:

1018101212_forpost3.thumb.png.83f17325adc79aba0de84296b7b37867.png

In that model you can see that the dummy is placed behind the axis, which is what causes the light to shine forwards. If you tried moving the dummy up to where the take down object is, the light would shine backwards. For the moment i've given up with using the takedown feature and i've now just got it setup as an extralight

On 9/13/2018 at 7:49 PM, Macgregor said:

In that model you can see that the dummy is placed behind the axis, which is what causes the light to shine forwards. If you tried moving the dummy up to where the take down object is, the light would shine backwards. For the moment i've given up with using the takedown feature and i've now just got it setup as an extralight

Interesting. So why is the ideal place for the takedown dummy in the driver headrest, instead of higher but still behind the axis?

1 hour ago, fourseven said:

Interesting. So why is the ideal place for the takedown dummy in the driver headrest, instead of higher but still behind the axis?

That question I have no solid answer for. I have had them work and look good in various positions, but usually just follow the instructions provided in the download linked. 
I want to say Origin make sense, but my so far what makes sense to me has been wrong with working with els.