High/Low Graphics Card GTA Compare Pics

When GTA V came out for PC in 2015 I think, I had a computer with a low graphics card but it played GTA V ok, just the graphics were low.  Minimum requirements for V are 2gb Vid Mem but I had a Radeon HD 5870 with 1gb mem.  Ran the game but and I got used to the low graphics.  Everything else on my computer was above min req.  I had 9gb RAM, Win 7, i7 processor at 2.8 GHz I think it was.   Recently I got a new computer and paid extra for a decent graphics card and got a GeForce GTX 1070 Ti with 8GB video memory.  What a difference!  I've played games in the past on PC and could never afford a good graphic card, I would get like a mid range card and have to mix the setting to get the best performance.  At the rate games come out and each time it 's like they have higher and higher specs and I only get a computer once every few years I was always a bit behind in the graphics card area.  So my new rig with Win 10 and this G Card is really cool.  Thought I would take some side by side shots of GTA V with my old and new rig and you could see the difference.  So you will know what it looks like with a high and low end card. 

In the Welcome Back pic you see the fragile box is in the high card and not the low card.  Also little things like the soda can in the sidewalk.  Just the color difference between the 2 is so noticeable.

In Franklin's Room you see difference in sharpness. 

In Franklin's Driveway, raining, looks good in the high card.  The rain drops are more detailed in the ground, better reflection off the water.  Don't have a pic of it but when you are looking off in the distance in the mountains or building in downtown my low card made the rain very pixeled.  Meaning there were areas of "squares" that could get filled because of the low end card.  When it rains is gives a overcast or foggy effect when you look in the distance.  Because of the low vid mem it could only do so good in filling all the "raining look".  You do see some spots on the bottom of the beer and wine building of what I'm talking about in the low card pic. 

Franklin on the roof top in ballers territory you see the brick BBQ in the high card but not yet in the low card.  When you get closer you start to see it like it's "fading in" .  Plastic chairs in one and not the other. 

Coming up to a stop line, notice the distance the car is at in the high card pic and can't see the stop line yet in the low card pic even though the car is closer.  It also fades in when you get closer in the low card. 

At the PD not much to say there except the bushes to the left of the Officer is in one and not the other.

Finally a shot of LS buildings behind Franklin's House at night.  The low card may look a bit better because it was a clear might where the high card was a cloudy night.  All these pics were taken at about the same time but may have had little differences to the weather conditions. 

Just thought Id share this with you.  I found it interesting. 

Old Rig;

Dell Studio XPS 9100 (Mid 2010)

Windows 7 Ultimate

1.5 TB HDD

Intel Core I7 ­930 2.8 GHz

9 GB’s of RAM

Creative Sound Blaster X­Fi Titanium

ATI Radeon HD 5870 with 1 GB

New Rig;

Dell XPS 8930

Windows 10

512GB SSD and 1TB HDD

8th Gen Intel Core i7-87006-core processor up to 4.6

16 GB RAM

No Sound Card

GeForce GTX 1070 Ti with 8 GB

GTA Compare1T.jpg

GTA Compare2T.jpg

GTA Compare3T.jpg

GTA Compare4T.jpg

GTA Compare5T.jpg

GTA Compare6T.jpg

GTA Compare7T.jpg

I noticed a similar thing, when I made the move from Xbox 360 to PC - Simply staggering what graphics can do for the experience of the game. 

Congrats on the new card, enjoy it! :D

Invenio, Investigatio, Imperium

15 hours ago, sixium said:

Congrats on the new card, looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better

Thanks, I think so too.

14 hours ago, ineseri said:

I noticed a similar thing, when I made the move from Xbox 360 to PC - Simply staggering what graphics can do for the experience of the game. 

Congrats on the new card, enjoy it! :D

Yeah, it's really neat how much better it looks when playing.  Cool avatar pic you have, was one of my favorite shows!