XXXRainKiller27

Help with Zmodler2.2.6 a pro that makes car please!

if you are new to modeling i would recommend starting with a program like google sketchup or Blender, then export it into zmodler for final. Or watch lots of youtube videos/read their forum. Plenty of helpful things. but 3D modeling isnt really something you just pick up and do. I spent years learning stuff when i was in highschool/college and since ive been out of the modeling for a few years im really rusty and doing alot of relearning right now. 3D modeling is very time consuming. I use to work with Zipper Interactive on their SOCOM games and we would spend months on a map, and weeks on buildings/objects, and that was with a $5,000 modeling program and stupid expensive computers.

Edited by stormoffires

Can I just point out that the majority of modders, don't create cars from scratch, they get them from another source and convert them to GTA.

As said above, modeling is very time consuming, and can be frustrating for newbies. It takes a long time to learn.

Edited by Tom H

To make scratch made models I use 3ds Max, Zmodeler sucks with modeling because it always messes up normals. For conversions to GTA you should use Zmodeler.

Like above posters said, its time consuming and not something that can be explained in a forum post. Also like Tom said, models can be gotten from a variety of places. There is a fair selection of parts out to that can be used to make more things. I was clueless when I started but I taught myself through trial and error and now I'm doing things I never thought I would have been able to(I know that sounded like a commercial for a college, lol)

@ stormoffires - I worship you if you worked for zipper and designed Socom. I use to play 1,2,3,Combined Assault ALL THE TIME when i was younger. I loved that game online.... Most fun I've ever had on a video game and I don't see anything beating that.

Thank you guys for the comments but i'm looking for someone to teach me i know the basic, i wasn't looking for ppl saaying how long it take and shit i know that i have been doing it for 2 weeks and i have mad a car not very good but it is a start.

if someone that is good making models inbox me please.

3D max looks way beter then zmodler but you have to pay for it no free version like i got zmodler2.2.6 :p

Thank you guys for the comments but i'm looking for someone to teach me i know the basic, i wasn't looking for ppl saaying how long it take and shit i know that i have been doing it for 2 weeks and i have mad a car not very good but it is a start.

if someone that is good making models inbox me please.

3D max looks way beter then zmodler but you have to pay for it no free version like i got zmodler2.2.6 :p

There isn't suppose to be a full free version of Zmod either but someone makes a crack. If you have a specific question I think any of us would be more than happy to help you but when it comes to you wanting to be taught from pretty much the ground up then I'm out. If anyone does that I would be shocked. IMO its just to difficult to try over PMs. Come to my house and sit beside me and then I'll show you.... In the meantime, this was posted awhile ago for someone who was asking the same question and I'll quote that person "Granted its not creating from scratch but its roughly the same principles." -Harper ......enjoy

[media=]

Edited by NickieB