Andrew Lincoln

IV on Windows 10

Now, your probably going to the comments to blurt some stuff like this has already been resolved, etc. So just listen and please help me with advice.

I decided to go back to IV for a bit, but I have Windows 10. I got through everything and then, when trying to log into RGSC, it either says, "cannot connect to RGSC" or "username/password incorrect". I read a post in the R* forums but that just doesn't seem to help. I also installed the latest version of GFWM (Marketplace rather than Live) becuase the forum directed me that way. I seeked the comments in Prophet's video but no conclusion to getting IV to work.

UPDATE: IV was all messed up, but Social club is now unavailable, so looking through forums, but not finding anyone giving me an exact answer.

If you could help me it be much appreciated, thanks. 

Edited by Andrew Lincoln

I spend my working life pretending to be someone else...

The Social Club launcher sometimes won't log me in either. You're only option then is to play offline, which works fine too as long as you don't plan on playing multiplayer.

1 minute ago, ineseri said:

Great to hear that you got it working.

What I did to get it to work was to install a new version of the social club I believe. It was some time ago I played IV. 

I know. It's been so long since I played IV, trying to remember everything.

20 minutes ago, PJR4015 said:

The Social Club launcher sometimes won't log me in either. You're only option then is to play offline, which works fine too as long as you don't plan on playing multiplayer.

If your getting stuck, just delete paul.dll from the IV directory. It skips the login stage.

I spend my working life pretending to be someone else...

A lot of people have been saying that IV is a lot more stable on Win 10 in terms of crash frequency and texture loss occurrences. Strange that people should have to wait 8 years to get a decently working version of the game. Guess that's how R* do their PC ports.

Edited by wilfordbrimleysmoustache