Stealth22

Residential locations discussion (got enough people, thanks!)

Hello all,

I need a developer to volunteer some time, and do me a favor. Remember that CoordSaverV plugin that @LtFlash wrote?

Well...I need a volunteer to drive around San Andreas and collect residential burglary locations for me. I've got the interiors done and collected already, along with some houses.

Basically, you just need to drive to random houses/apartment buildings (its easiest with a bike), drive up to the front door or building entrance, and mark that spot.

EDIT: Got enough people now, thanks anyway!

Thanks!

DETAILS REGARDING INTERIOR TYPES

There are 7 interiors that can be used for this callout. Basically, what we're trying to do is find house/apartment locations that suit each type. We do not want to go door to door and collect every house on the map. That list would just be massive. But what we'll end up doing, I think, is getting a few houses in each area.

Just to clarify, at each location, depending on the interior type it uses, the player (and the suspect) will be teleported to/from the interior's coordinates.

The seven interiors are:

• Franklin's Davis safehouse
  • Michael's mansion
  • Trevor's trailer
  • Floyd's apartment (Trevor safehouse)
  • Low end apartment (GTA Online)
  • Mid range apartment (GTA Online)
  • High end apartment (GTA Online)

To see pictures of each kind, if you don't remember what they look like, check out http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Safehouses_in_GTA_V and http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Safehouses_in_GTA_Online.

I'm also using Franklin's house in Vinewood Hills. But the problem with that interior is, even when the front door is locked, you can still walk in/out from the patio doors leading into the kitchen, and the bedroom. At least, I was able to in single player, while using a MP character with EUP. So that interior will be only for that house. Franklin's Davis house will be used for it's "real" location, and the interior can also be used for other houses of the same size.

Each interior that has windows will have the same view for all locations using that interior. That will be unavoidable...its just too much work to collect the same interior spawnpoints over and over again for the same interior type. To be clear, I need exterior/front door points ONLY. I've already collected spawn points for the interiors listed.

When using LtFlash's CoordSaverV tool, use the SetFilename command to create an XML file. Use a separate file for each house type. So houses using Franklin's Davis interior will be in one file, houses using Michael's mansion interior in another file, etc.

No need to set tags on the locations, just hit Shift + F12 to save the location of the front door, or entry point. If its an apartment building, this can be the lobby entrance, or in some apartments, say in Grove Street, you can get to each individual apartment.

I've collected a bunch of locations in Vinewood for the mansion interior...not sure exactly how many, I just drove around randomly and got a bunch of houses.

Those who are helping out, I'll start a PM conversation to decide who should go to what areas.

Use your best judgement to decide what interior type each location should use, judging from the size.

Again, its easiest to just drive around on a bike, so you don't need to keep getting in and out of a car.

Important point...each location's entry point should be fully accessible from the street, on foot. If there are gates or fences, they should be fully openable. Players should not have to use scripts, trainers, or do anything else like hop fences in order to access a location.

So yeah, all you're doing is loading CoordSaverV, using the SetFilename console command (type a filename, like "Houses", and hit enter) to create a file, closing the console, and then hitting SHIFT+F12 at each location. A subtitle will be displayed that says "Spawn location saved". The locations will be saved in your GTA V\Plugins\CoordSaverV directory. If the CoordSaverV doesn't exist, the plugin will create it. It will create an XML file in that folder, with the file name you set in the first step. Once you're done, send me the file. Thats it. REMEMBER...keep one separate file for each interior type.

The reason for that...I wrote a script that reads those XML files and collects all the locations, and creates .NET code for me that I can just copy and paste into my project. So I'm just going to quickly parse each XML file and import the locations, I don't plan on validating each one of them. So we don't want mixed locations...otherwise we might get tiny apartments looking like 6000 sq. foot mansions!

Edited by Stealth22

So the only thing I would do if wanted to help would just be to get locations? If so ill be happy to help

GameWithCole // InsaanityHD on youtube

#iHDCrew 

Just now, Stealth22 said:

Yeah. I might get 3 or 4 people to help out, just cause of the sheer size of the map. Maybe we'll divide it up into areas. 

I'd be happy to do it. Just PM me for any of my contact info

If you're going to enter the interior how will that work if it's just random houses? Will you get teleported inside?

Apologies that this is a little off-topic, I'm just curious.

@Hexxdev, @Century@forsakenbacon17:

I have updated the original post with details on the interior types and instructions on what to do. Please read the first post of this thread again. And thanks for offering to help out!! You guys are awesome! (I just can't drive around the map all by myself, lol)

I will start a PM conversation between the 5 of us to discuss who is going to drive through which areas. If there are any questions or clarification needed, you can ask there.

If anyone else is reading this, we've got enough people for now. Thanks!!

EDIT: @Pipeline....sorry, I just read your post again. Were you just asking about the teleporting (and yes, the player will be teleported, haha), or were you offering to help as well? If so, let me know and I'll add you to the PM conversation!

Edited by Stealth22

Unfortunately I can't help out personally. I'm a bit busy lately.

Hopefully you still have enough people who can help you.

4 minutes ago, Pipeline said:

Unfortunately I can't help out personally. I'm a bit busy lately.

Hopefully you still have enough people who can help you.

No worries. Three is more than enough! :thumbsup: