MattJeter

Where are the mods Jeter?

They're ready... Simple answer to a very popular question. I receive this question a lot, and I ask my self this very question. The simple answer is they're coming. When? That's a different story. 

I know all of you are very excited for new car models, and mods. I know you're excited to get your hands on the missing piece to your LAPD pack puzzle (Ford Police Interceptor Sedan). I understand. Frankly my position on modding has changed quite a bit since last summer when Zmodeler first started supported GTA 5. At first I was very hesitant. I was quite angry as well at everything that took place. Not to mention any names. But the beginning was a mess. As many of you know I pushed out the first GTA 5 "custom" police vehicle mod. The good ole Buffalo S PPV. Now I'd like to push for better vehicles for the community. 

I have to say Bugs, and Carper have done a fantastic job with the default lighting system. But I have to say this now. I will most likely NEVER release a default lighting car.... I'm sorry for those of you waiting on it. It just won't happen. I've been taught the system, but honestly it just doesn't seem to like me. Frankly, I can't stand it either, so( mutual feelings default lighting). 

I'm sorry for keeping all of you waiting. I know it's been a pain, but I promise those cars you've seen in the gallery will be released sometime in the future. 

To clear some things up. I know I've been talking about releasing with EVL. But that has come to a standstill. The EVL that can be released, is just not at a stage where I feel comfortable releasing with. It would probably drive all of you up the wall. The author of EVL is working on new features and such, and hopefully that will be released soon. And if so, be sure to get a car within the same day. 

But for now.. and for the foreseeable future we will have to wait hand in hand for ELS. Which I'm now waiting on. It will be a fantastic feat in the Grand Theft Auto V modding community. The videos that have been released are gorgeous, and show the true beauty of the new system, and all of Caine and his team's hard work. 

Don't worry, the time will come where you won't be able to keep up with all the beautiful car mods. It is inevitable. Just wait for it ladies and gentlemen! 

Regards,

Matt

Edited by MattJeter

8 minutes ago, Lundy said:

Honestly, how can you have problems with the default lighting? It's just resizing. I can rig a lightbar like that in 10 minutes.

Frankly it's not rigging a lightbar together. I don't release without full setups. And I don't like the default system. I find it quite bland. I refuse to work with it. 

I'm glad there those out there like you, bugs, carper that are doing wonderful things with the system. But I don't have the time to sit down and work on such setups. I will wait for ELS. And make it worth the wait. 

Edited by MattJeter

On 2/16/2016 at 1:22 AM, MattJeter said:

Frankly it's not rigging a lightbar together. I don't release without full setups. And I don't like the default system. I find it quite bland. I refuse to work with it. 

I'm glad there those out there like you, bugs, carper that are doing wonderful things with the system. But I don't have the time to sit down and work on such setups. I will wait for ELS. And make it worth the wait. 

I see where you're coming from, the GTA V lights seem to pose a few issues when you get to advanced lighting. This is probably the most advanced ligthing i've seen for gta v

And it that runs into quite a few issues with the flash pattern. Its definitely a BIG step up from GTA 4's undescribable shambles of a lightbar and i give R* praise for that.  Everyone's waiting for controllable TA's and a full siren which you can control. But personally, i don't think the LAPD Taurus would suffer from the default lighting since the LAPD/LASD marked setup works well with the GTA V system for obvious reasons. Bugs Sheriff CVPI is a testament to this. 

Its your choice, i don't blame you for waiting on better lights, and i will be eagerly waiting on that '16 Explorer regardless of what you do :)

Update:

I've gotten around to coming close to liking the default lighting system. I have been practicing and bettering my skills. I already have something in the works. Let's just say it will have a bunch of customization. 

Probably around Friday into the weekend. 

Update: 

Still very much a work in progress. Dont mind the skin, as I'm still editing it. Also I will have better screens and a video soon. Just working on some bugs with components. 

Edited by MattJeter

52 minutes ago, MattJeter said:

Update: 

Still very much a work in progress. Dont mind the skin, as I'm still editing it. Also I will have better screens and a video soon. Just working on some bugs with components. 

Looks pretty nice.  What's up with the lapd Taurus?  I'd love to see that car again.

Just now, steinberg4145 said:

Looks pretty nice.  What's up with the lapd Taurus?  I'd love to see that car again.

It was released for EVL. I'm not quite sure if I'm going to do it with default lighting. 

35 minutes ago, MattJeter said:

It was released for EVL. I'm not quite sure if I'm going to do it with default lighting. 

I know I saw it.  It looked amazing and I'm kinda sad I didn't get a copy before you took it down (even if it used EVL I don't really mind).

I want to fall in love 

Ignore any little bug you come across as I'm already on top of most the bugs. When creating the model I focused greatly on functionality. The vehicle has so much choice and variety. I'm still planning on adding spotlights, and maybe even another rambar. The vehicle will include all lure friendly skins. For each possible department (BCSO, Los Santos Police, Los Santos Sheriffs Department, SAHP, let me know if I'm missing you one you would like to see) remember this completely default lighting. For now enjoy the video! 

1 minute ago, MattJeter said:

I want to fall in love 

Really, just spectacular man, just no words to describe how amazing that looks.