PimDSLR

(WIP) Ford E series LAPD van

I saw that image in a previous post about transport vans. It's quite difficult to find out what vehicles they use, the LAPD vans I'm unsure of. And the LASD also have the old style vans as well 

LOS ANGELES COUNTY SHERIFF DEPARTMENT (LASD) - FORD CLUB WAGON VAN

With the newer ones looking like that

LOS ANGELES COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT (LASD)

Although I really like the wheel style they have so if you could do that, then I'd be very happy! 

Aha! Bingo, exactly what I was looking for

The new ones being used by the LASD! I found them on Flickr. Three good views of the van, no much required to be changed really, roof antenna, wheels, and window bars being the most obvious changes on the exterior.

they don't have much lighting, the dual LED modules at the rear, and I suspect some hidden grille or headlight emergency lighting for the front of the van.

Edited by SeaHawk14

20 minutes ago, SeaHawk14 said:

I saw that image in a previous post about transport vans. It's quite difficult to find out what vehicles they use, the LAPD vans I'm unsure of. And the LASD also have the old style vans as well 

LOS ANGELES COUNTY SHERIFF DEPARTMENT (LASD) - FORD CLUB WAGON VAN

With the newer ones looking like that

Although I really like the wheel style they have so if you could do that, then I'd be very happy! 

Aha! Bingo, exactly what I was looking for

The new ones being used by the LASD! I found them on Flickr. Three good views of the van, no much required to be changed really, roof antenna, wheels, and window bars being the most obvious changes on the exterior.

they don't have much lighting, the dual LED modules at the rear, and I suspect some hidden grille or headlight emergency lighting for the front of the van.

Thanks for the pictures! The new ones are looking nice, that was the idea that I had. But couldn't find any pics. I will do my best.

5 minutes ago, PimDSLR said:

Thanks for the pictures! The new ones are looking nice, that was the idea that I had. But couldn't find any pics. I will do my best.

No worries! I couldn't find them either, I had to go through several different pages, but now I can't stop finding them :sweat: 

Ps. I don't know why this van has a different set up to the others (full covered Windows and double door instead of sliding door)  Anyway, I just wanted to show you the rear lights. Sorry for image spamming you

Can't wait, its odd that the Vans a slick top, and it doesn't seem to have any grill lights, or any front lights for that matter 

1 hour ago, officerAMR said:

Can't wait, its odd that the Vans a slick top, and it doesn't seem to have any grill lights, or any front lights for that matter 

Yes, true. I am gonna use some

46 minutes ago, PimDSLR said:

One bummer: I can't add any leds or more lights than a lightbar. That's because the stuppid siren settings of GTA. Thanks Rockstar 

You could put it in FBI2 slot (unmarked granger)

Edited by officerAMR

3 hours ago, officerAMR said:

It does actually have grille lights, just very well hidden

LOS ANGELES COUNTY SHERIFF DEPARTMENT (LASD)

So (some, not all) have the LED's on the side, as you can see on the right side of the van by the front light. 

If you look very closely at the two small white squares above the Ford logo, I think those are two very well hidden grille lights. 

1 hour ago, PimDSLR said:

Yes, true. I am gonna use some

Also, I was thinking, you should have it so that the window cages are an option to remove. Since most have the window cage but some do not (used for community relations I believe), so it'd be a nice function. 

5 hours ago, PimDSLR said:

Currently converting a Ford E series. As transport van.

Any tips or suggestions can be posted here. I will keep the process up-to-date here in this topic. With photos.

found this picture. ill be making the dash light anyways, so if u need it i can send it to you

6c8559ae7533b06ded9b10ab60530383.jpg

21 minutes ago, PimDSLR said:

Yes true. Don't know if people gonna like that.

You could always modify the carvariations.meta or would Sheriff2 work?

12 minutes ago, officerAMR said:

You could always modify the carvariations.meta or would Sheriff2 work?

Yes, but I have to make two complety diffrent models.

found some more pictures. lighting seems pretty simple. seems to be the most popular one out there. pictures are plentiful 

Spoiler

LAPD

LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT (LAPD) - FORD CLUB WAGON VAN

154ccd75f3.jpg3849549297_541d4119b2.jpg

081609-WilshireDiv-LAPD-Van-012

081609-WilshireDiv-LAPD-Van-010

081609-WilshireDiv-LAPD-Van-008

081609-WilshireDiv-LAPD-Van-005

081609-WilshireDiv-LAPD-Van-001

081609-WilshireDiv-LAPD-Van-009

081609-WilshireDiv-LAPD-Van-007

081609-WilshireDiv-LAPD-Van-006

081609-WilshireDiv-LAPD-Van-003

081609-WilshireDiv-LAPD-Van-002

LAPD Van

Honestly i would prefer the "whelen liberty" on these newer body styles, which would give it a more modern/up to date look. If the model was the older style i think the "whelen edge" would have been perfect.

This is just my opinion no idea what other people think, or how hard it would be to make the "whelen liberty" work.

8 hours ago, steleb said:

This is just my opinion no idea what other people think, or how hard it would be to make the "whelen liberty" work.

I agree, the Liberty would be a better option for the newer van, if he was doing the 1st or 2nd Gen van the edge would have made sense

13 hours ago, PimDSLR said:

Are you guys good with this setup: 2 leds on the grill, the Edge and two leds on the back doors like on the pictures?

Well, to be honest I'd rather it be a slicktop, but I don't mind the Edge or the Liberty. That being said, the LASD don't seem to really care about fitting new lightbars onto new vans. 

An E-series fitted with an MX7000 (I don't know the role of the van) but it still looks great, I think the MX7000 is the most fitting, suitable and realistic, simply because most of the lightbars in California seem to be either Arjent or MX7000 (& Liberty but that seems to just be the CHP). At the end of the day though, that's just my opinion, I'm sure others will think differently... 

Your call really

Also, further to that, I've noticed that they have a hidden lights in the middle at the top of the windscreen (just above the mirror), as per California law I'm assuming one of them must be red Steady burn, whilst the other flashes blue? Thats a guess though, so if it's a slicktop then it needs the dash lighting, if it's got a lightbar then you don't need to worry about the dash strobes. 

56c06f5400fe3_ScreenShot2016-02-14at12.1

Edited by SeaHawk14

We have one big problem. F5544 even sad that we have to cancel the project, and I partly agree. The interior of this vehicle is almost empty. There are only seeds in it. The steering wheel is hovering. And as beautiful it is on the outside, the inside is crap. And I already know it will be heavy criticised if I would release it. So F5544 gave me the advise to improve the GMC van with lights etc. What do you guys think?

Edited by PimDSLR