liberto

Hand on holster

Hi peeps, 

Been having a great time with the new LSPDFR 0.3 until now. 
However, I am still missing something (maybe I didn't look at the right place): I can't find how to have my hand on the holster. (+ how to trigger "stand-still actions", like crossing arms etc, which have been showed by Jeff during the livestream)

I checked the "action menu" (or whatever it's called), it is activated obviously, but can't find the key/button that triggers it (I tried like every key on my keyboard and controller lol)

Sorry & Thanks! I indeed missed that, but just tried to hold Caps Lock, and it doesn't work. 

I tried with other actions as well (drinking coffee, etc), the ped doesn't do anything. No errors in the log file from RPH.

Oh and btw, caps lock seems to be set to "special ability" (or similar, my game is not in english) by default. I tried to set it to another key, but the actions are still not working.

Edit: oh ok, nvm. I got it working. For some reasons, Caps Lock wasn't working, so I tried to re-assign the "special ability" from 'CapsLock" to "<", and tried to hold caps lock again. But now I have to hold "<" instead. Odd, but it works.

Edited by liberto

3 hours ago, Kilyin said:

Yeah, still prefer Cop Holster (which still works btw). The builtin doesn't have the right animation.

No, LSPDFR actually uses a better animation.  The animation used with CopHolster is static, meaning you're not meant to be able to move with it.  As such, when you do move, your character is stuck in a rigid pose.  LSPDFR's animation is optimized for use both with walking and standing characters, meaning there are proper arm movement animations when walking.

10 minutes ago, Sam said:

No, LSPDFR actually uses a better animation.  The animation used with CopHolster is static, meaning you're not meant to be able to move with it.  As such, when you do move, your character is stuck in a rigid pose.  LSPDFR's animation is optimized for use both with walking and standing characters, meaning there are proper arm movement animations when walking.

Having to hold the key is a pain in the ass though. Not to mention, the animation for holstering looks like stock GTA5 to me (And I'm not talking about moving, I mean reaching for the gun in the holster, pulling it out, putting it back), whereas Cop Holster looks realistic. I can post a comparison video if that helps.

Edited by Kilyin

1 minute ago, Kilyin said:

Having to hold the key is a pain in the ass though. Not to mention, the animation for holstering looks like stock GTA5 to me, whereas Cop Holster looks realistic. I can post a comparison video if that helps.

There's no animation for holstering, only for unholstering.  We will probably add the option to just press the key once instead of holding it.