F5544

To the admins. Uniform templates

It would certainly be nice if people would do this.  I also suspect that if Lt.Caine makes any vehicle modifications for GTA V, he will likely produce models with uniform templates which can then be used as well.

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be."

Oh my god, yes! That would make it so much easier. I remember in IV there were about 3 or maybe even 4 different templates for the CVPI, it was just kind of a pain to deal with.

That is so frustratingly true, Nic. There were at least two different Templates for the Tahoe as well. *sigh*

It would certainly be nice if people would do this.  I also suspect that if Lt.Caine makes any vehicle modifications for GTA V, he will likely produce models with uniform templates which can then be used as well.

Hi,

Will you make a post or notification to all modders.
Maybe it's possible to make the stock cars use one template.
Because everybody is skinning the cars but with different layout.

http://imgur.com/a/ZSHQO#0

If we(zmodeler modders) all use these templates to uvmap the stock cars.
The skin modders have an easier job to make skins for all the stock cars at once.

these templates from lt.caine are the best.

Regards,

Frank

Hi Sam, 

I've read your post on uniform templates for GTA V models. You might not have seen my latest posts: http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/8249-dev-templated-jackal/ and http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/8248-dev-templated-buffalo-s/ While I completely agree with new standards you are trying to enforce. I'm a bit worried for those of us who take the time to map the vehicles... We get no credit once the model is released. The only way i saw the ability to get credit was to release the vehicles as a DEV part. The current state zmod3 there is no lock feature. Through a custom template is able to tell which model the uploader is using. I'm very excited for the initiative but i'd like to know the stance LCPDFR is taking on authors and protecting their credit. 

I am planning on switching over to this template soon. I'd just like to know how our releases will be taken care of. 

MattJeter_Modifications-800x200-Transpar

Long standing Vehicle Developer at Code 3 Customz

Having a repository that will host all standardized templates would be ideal like how in the downloads people can download different things, but this would be just a list of texture templates for various models to choose from to help skinners like me create proper setups on a model. *I'd seen the thread by Sam hosting the first four model texture templates, but hope to see a more formal repository later.

But I have one question. How do I apply the uv maps to the vehicles? I'm kinda having issues.

put them in the ytd file.

Tried doing that but it just does something wierd (look at picture)

pranger texture Thingy.png

You need to map the car first.
Only if you can do it yourself. Otherwise ask a developer to do it. Maybe Ltmatt will make this car mapped. 

You need to map the car first.
Only if you can do it yourself. Otherwise ask a developer to do it. Maybe Ltmatt will make this car mapped. 

Ohw ill try to figure that out i guess... Thx for the info anyway :)

EDIT: Cannot even get my ZModeler account/license to work :/ looks like i made a skin that cant work

Edited by JoramD