KarlieTheKloss

What microphone should I use?

Well, my birthday is coming up ( :woot: ) and I am writing down a "wishlist", and I am not sure what microphone (Like, a really good one) I should pick, And i want a really good one.

I am looking for a mic that costs under 100$, and is reliable, and have clear audio. Any suggestions? 

"In a man to man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine."

-Erwin Rommel

Whichever one you choose, don't pick the one Ben picked! You're good to go!

I would recommend that you run before he shows up!

"In a man to man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine."

-Erwin Rommel

I used a bloody RockBand mic for a good long while. Worked great, crisp audio, no discernible buzz; but kept falling off the desk; one day I accidentally stepped on it going to something else in my room and broke it.

One thing to note about audio: It's notsomuch the mic itself you get (although the mic itself plays a large part) but more so the environment you're recording/transmitting in. If you run the mic in a room with little to no furniture and hard floors, you'll get a nasty echo effect, whereas if you get a room with lots of furniture and a carpeted floor you'll get better quality than the room mentioned at the start of this sentence.

tldr: Don't overlook other factors: awesome mic + crappy space < decent mic + OK space

Addendum: This video helped me back when I started. It might help you as well.

gATXSNG.png

If you are replying to something I have posted, you may wish to quote me for faster response times.
My personal inbox is not the support forum. I don't mind helping  you with your issues, but you are responsible for your research.  I am not a page in a manual, Google, or the forum search function - look through all three before asking.
A link to a handy how-to guide for getting useful solutions to your problems, and useful answers to your questions. A lot of it may seem irrelevant, but it outlines some great practices to use when seeking answers or solutions.

I use an Xbox 360 wired headset with a broken Game Stop Mad Catz Xbox 360 wired controller.

Only the best quality for my friends.

I highly recommend it. :^)

[center][url="http://www.youtube.com/user/Runner335"][img]http://i.imgur.com/CBYih.png[/img][/url][/center]

I used a bloody RockBand mic for a good long while. Worked great, crisp audio, no discernible buzz; but kept falling off the desk; one day I accidentally stepped on it going to something else in my room and broke it.

One thing to note about audio: It's notsomuch the mic itself you get (although the mic itself plays a large part) but more so the environment you're recording/transmitting in. If you run the mic in a room with little to no furniture and hard floors, you'll get a nasty echo effect, whereas if you get a room with lots of furniture and a carpeted floor you'll get better quality than the room mentioned at the start of this sentence.

tldr: Don't overlook other factors: awesome mic + crappy space < decent mic + OK space

Addendum: This video helped me back when I started. It might help you as well.

That helped a bit. I think I should add more shit to my walls then.

Edit: Put alot of pillows and shit all around me, no change from without pillows and blankets. Seems like my recording space is good.

I use an Xbox 360 wired headset with a broken Game Stop Mad Catz Xbox 360 wired controller.

Only the best quality for my friends.

I highly recommend it. :^)

Custo you... I don't know. 

Edited by Officer Vic

-Erwin Rommel

Okay, I have been looking around and the Samson Go Mic seems like a good option too me. Anyone that have it and tell me about it?

-Erwin Rommel

Okay, I have been looking around and the Samson Go Mic seems like a good option too me. Anyone that have it and tell me about it?

I would say look at the reviews (Amazon, ebay etc) if they're bad, then don't buy it, but if they're mostly positive, buy it. Besides the reviews are always funny to read.

"Micheal, Micheal Micheal, what would you do without me?"

- Trevor Phillips. 

I would say look at the reviews (Amazon, ebay etc) if they're bad, then don't buy it, but if they're mostly positive, buy it. Besides the reviews are always funny to read.

Looked at some reviews, seems like a decent Mic, except there is no real stand for it. But I'm gonna DIY' a stand, and a popfilter.

Now I got use for my old socks and lamp stand!

-Erwin Rommel

Custo you... I don't know.

Joke aside, I do use an Xbox mic to chat on PC. Not even joking, I think the quality is so bad it's amazing.

But that's my only mic experience, so you know. Take it as you will.

[center][url="http://www.youtube.com/user/Runner335"][img]http://i.imgur.com/CBYih.png[/img][/url][/center]

I use the Blue Snowball as well. I enjoy it a lot. The audio is very clear, and it's very well built. If you have the extra money, I'd go for the Blue Yeti. I've seen a lot of Youtube commentators using that, and it sounds great.

Well, I use a simple Trust Desk Microphone. Cost me like €8,00. For the few times I Skype and voice chat with close friends, it's great. The quality is quite amazing for the price. Only thing is that the mic feels really plastic-y and fragile.

But regardless of that, as long if you don't throw it around all over the place it should be fine. The recording quality is great. :thumbsup:

Blue Snowball is a great mic for the price. You can pick it up for $70-$110 AUD

I have a pair of Sennheiser PC 310 GAME Headsets, and the mic is surprisingly good for a budget gaming headset (Check my channel for quality) Only downside is the ear cups are really small and don't fit over your ear.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by MrRandomCapital

SkillfulCorpse

Join my Discord for support! https://discord.gg/dD2fPzA Don't PM me for help.