BROOKLYNBOY2497

Can someone help me with this ELS v8 problem?

Hey guys. I just installed ELS v8 into my GTA IV game and here is the issue I'm getting: When I go to start up ELS in-game (singleplayer) and hit the "Ctrl+M", the little ELS console menu comes up and here's what I get:

Every ELS option is lit up so that when I go to light stage 3, the lights are just slightly blinking to the patterns they are on, but thay are also all on completely at the same time. (You will notice how all of the light stages are "OFF", yet all of the pattern boxes are highlighted in as if they were on and when I activate the lights, they all go on completely and slightly blink to the the patterns they are on.)

Can anyone help me with this? Maybe it's a setting in the INI or something? For the record: I haven't changed any setting at all. I just backed up everything I originally had (ELS v7) and put the new ELS v8 files in their place.

Thanks for your time!

(PS- sorry if the picture I included is sideways, I just took it from my phone, transfered it to my computer and the whole nine yards... Just so you guys can at least see what I'm seeing without me having to explain so much.)

attachicon.gif20140512_202822.jpg

(PS- sorry if the picture I included is sideways, I just took it from my phone, transfered it to my computer and the whole nine yards... Just so you guys can at least see what I'm seeing without me having to explain so much.)

I know that this reply, probably won't help you with ELS 8, but I feel it will help you with taking screenshots of your screen, so they're right side up.

Download either Bandicam or Fraps and run it while your game is running.

Set up an appropriate key to take a screenshot, and then press that key. It will automatically be saved to your Hard Drive, right side up, and clearer then taking it with your phone.  :thumbsup:

Note: Free version of Fraps saves images in .BMP format by default.

I know that this reply, probably won't help you with ELS 8, but I feel it will help you with taking screenshots of your screen, so they're right side up.

Download either Bandicam or Fraps and run it while your game is running.

Set up an appropriate key to take a screenshot, and then press that key. It will automatically be saved to your Hard Drive, right side up, and clearer then taking it with your phone.  :thumbsup:

Note: Free version of Fraps saves images in .BMP format by default.

Okay. Thanks though! That would've probably been another forum post anyway.. :smile:

Found it! It turns out that if you have simple native trainer and you go under car options and car god mode settings and make your car damage-proof, ELS 8 will stay frozen and not work (for those of you with the same problem) It turns out you can't put your car on car god mode for the ELS to work. :thumbsup:

Edited by BROOKLYNBOY2497

I don't think so Brooklyn...I have god mode enabled in my SNT and ELS works just fine...

It's not just one setting in SNT. There's one that says to enable/disable car god mode in the regular options menu and then if you go under the car options menu > second page, their is something similar to that, that when you hit it, it brings up another list of options for tires are bulletproof, player can be pulled out of vehicle, player can fly through windscreen, etc. etc.

When I start up my game, my usual procedure is to make my cars invulnerable thus not being able to be destroyed. I had ELS v8 in, and it froze it as if they were all on at the same time (as mentioned above). I went on the download page for ELS v8 and it says: "Repairing the vehicle may cause the user's ELS lights to remain steady and/or desynchronize....." (it says that for multiplayer, though. It still applies for single player too, apparently). When I put the car settings back to normal again, ELS fixed and went to normal.

i am having issues with my els v8.0 as in i have installed it correctly yet nothing works

Please create your own topic regarding this issue. 

Nothing to see here!

This topic has been closed by LCPDFR.com staff.

If you feel that this topic has been closed in error, please report this post.