Sign in to follow this  
Troy

ELS V8 Support

Hey, uh, so I spotted ELS V8 up for grabs this mornin' and I was excited just like everyone else. But there was one thing which was bothering me since- What has been changed?

I didn't find any useful info on the download page and reading the documentation feels confusing (its as if Caine added some extra ELS v8 related info in it but forgot to remove the ELS 7 info which adds to the complexity). Can anyone run the description by me? Just a basic rundown of what the new system is all about. Oh and btw, I'm an expert level vehicle modder and possess enough info about both how Non-ELS and traditional ELS lighting systems work. So that you won't have to start the story all the way from 1980s thankfully.

Thanks in advance.

ELS v8's main new feature is that the door and godmode bug has been fixed; instead of adding and removing extras, it turns on and off the *rendering* of extras. It also has support for coronas, which means a takedown light can actually *look* like a takedown light, and wigwags can work with lights like the default headlights. Those are the biggest changes.

So basically, I can just use a ELS v7 compatible vehicle with ELS v8 with the help of that conversion guide, like I assumed at first? But then I looked at the documentation and the "coronas" got me confused. I thought- well thats a Non-ELS feature and its not supposed to be in ELS?

I also happened to come across Sgt. Kanyo's thread of disorientation pertaining to the new system and his extras looked out of place (far away from the lightbar). So does that mean we have to manually make extras spawn by specifying coordinates in the ini just like in EVCS mod? And then I again looked at the documentation and found that this time, there was an extra emphasize on ENV light co-ordinates in the .ini by Caine. Personally, I could care less about them when they were first introduced in v7 (or p'raps I'm wrong?) and I never bothered with them since extras were positioned in ZMod correctly so why would I even want to change something there? I again opened the documentation and found Caine wrote something about the new system getting rid of extras? Wow! A minute ago I was thinking of using ELS v7 compatible vehicles working fine with v8 and now I find that the extras aren't being used anymore. In addition to that, there is a new coronas system. Looks like there's been a complete overhaul then? So how do you even set a vehicle up to make it v8 compatible?? Thats what I meant in my original post. As you can see, its a conundrum for me right about now.

Edited by Troy

No, they still use the extra system. And from what I understood of cp's post is that all the extras are on at all the time, however they are not rendered (they are not on visually). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also I posted something about the patterns, so it won't move your extra parts anywhere. They'll stay where you or the creator of the mod placed them in zmod. My problem was that extra8's management is completely random in the "leds" mode of the secondary lights. However as Cj mentioned, if you change to the "drct" mode, you'll be able to use all 3 (extra7, extra8 and extra9) synchronized.

Okay, thanks, Kanyo. Think I'll have to fiddle around for the time being to get the rest of my questions answered.