TrooperJenkins

how many departments at once?

so I am new to the forum and lcpdfr altogether, and I was wondering how many departments I can create(lcpd,dukes county s.o, liberty state police,hove beach p.d, etc.) at one time, also I was playing lcpdfr on a friends computer a few years back and p.d guys were spawning in s.o units so I was wondering if there is a definitive way to make the agency ped match the agency vehicle, thank you

I think your friend used pd skins on the alderney troopers and since he had sheriff office cars they spawned in them because all cops use the same cars in the game. So I believe you can't

thank you black Jesus, I find myself saying that more and more every day lol

But here's what you might be able to do. There's a mod in the download section called area livery mod and I never used it but you can make a backup of your game and try it out. It sets the skins for the police cars in different sections of the map I think. Again, I never tried it so make a backup first if you want to do that.

You're going to need the actual skins for that mod though, but sure that'll work. Keep in mind that there's only 2 Police Departments in GTA IV. LCPD and ASP. 

well what I'm going to do is create the liberty state police,redo lcpd,make the dukes county sheriff's office,hove beach p.d, and after I download clockwork mtn. and route 66 make depts. for them but when you say I need the actual skins for it what do you mean? are there set skins for this mod that can't be changed?

thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated 

... but when you say I need the actual skins for it what do you mean? are there set skins for this mod that can't be changed? 

Like the textures/paintjobs of the car. Make sure when you make them you use the template that came with the download, if that's what your asking

Indeed. You can use Ekalbs car and the vdh vanilla texture pack for example. It's what I personally use. Also: Keep in mind that there's only 2 Police Departments in GTA IV. LCPD and ASP. 

Well you CAN add more but why would you break the lore? It doesn't make any sense to me at least lol.

There are numerous guides on how to do this (adding textures).

yes you can there is a script somewhere around here.. the peds are already designated to different parts of the map like cop traffic is pretty much only seen on the middle island, fat cop spawns everywhere except alderney, and strooper only spawns in alderney

but there is a script around somewhere that designates what livery is shown on the police cars where.. just need to find it

EDIT: here '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Edited by XBR410

In my game I have a multitude of Departments ranging from municipal to federal. I have the LCPD (Liberty City PD, NLSP (New Liberty State Police, ACPD, (Alderney City PD, NASP (New Alderney State Police), LCSD (Liberty County Sheriffs Department), ACSD (Alderney County SD), NLNAPA (New Liberty New Alderney Port Authority) PAPD (Port Authority PD) NOOSE FPS and FIB among others. I know I have a lot of Departments in my game. I have cleverly implemented this using a multitude of vehicles.

Cheers.

And yet, they all still shout LCPD  :thumbsup:

True that, ineseri. :yes:  I have a lot of depts don't I? In fact that is only 40% of them.

Cheers.

In my game I have a multitude of Departments ranging from municipal to federal. I have the LCPD (Liberty City PD, NLSP (New Liberty State Police, ACPD, (Alderney City PD, NASP (New Alderney State Police), LCSD (Liberty County Sheriffs Department), ACSD (Alderney County SD), NLNAPA (New Liberty New Alderney Port Authority) PAPD (Port Authority PD) NOOSE FPS and FIB among others. I know I have a lot of Departments in my game. I have cleverly implemented this using a multitude of vehicles.

Cheers.

I'm trying to do the same thing but do they all have separate uniforms? & if so how? Thank you