Are kids smoking weed younger than ever?

This thread is flooded with the results of misinformation and the inability to consider an opposing side's point of view.

These are two problems which have plagued this debate as a whole from the very onset. And to be fair, that goes for both sides.

However, before this goes any further, I would like to address a few comments made so far. One is the notion that because the government says it's "bad" means it's automatically bad. That's simply foolish, and, if I can say this without sounding like an anarchist, rather sheepish behavior. I'm as much a patriot as any other citizen, but you must realize at one point in your life that there aren't absolutes, and no one is exempt from making mistakes. Two, and this is one of my favorite arguments, is the idea that "drugs are bad and marijuana is a drug and therefore marijuana is bad." I'm here to tell you that that is a complete fallacy. The word "drug" in and of itself carries no negative nor positive connotation. There are all types of drugs in the world, both good and bad. Alcohol, caffeine, penicillin, those antibiotics you take when you get sick - all drugs. So throw that one out if you're going to attempt to seriously debate this topic. Three: the low blows about "democrats" or "people who like Lil' Wayne" etc. These factors are completely incidental, and have no place in this argument. I have friends that listen to Lil' Wayne and don't smoke at all. I have friends that do too, but I also have friends that listen to Jack Johnson and smoke marijuana. These are moot points, and rather childish points to make at that.

With that said, XBR and [specifically] cp702 have made some excellent talking points, but I somehow see this topic degrading quickly.

But, to offer my two cents in regards to the OP, the answer to your question I think is impossible to find. There's a ton of reasons why people get into smoking reefer. I'd imagine the most common are peer pressure and/or the stresses of the education system. It's probably not too different from the reasons they get into drinking or smoking cigarettes. While I don't condemn the use of marijuana (and I agree that adults are free to make their own choices), I do think that smoking at such a young age is a terrible thing. At those ages, the body is still developing, and it's just reality that smoke inhalation of any kind is no good for your health, regardless of age. I grew up under a particularly interesting set of circumstances, and growing up in the 1990's I saw kids smoking (in general) from grades as low as 6th. So, I wouldn't say that it's a new thing for people to be experimenting at a young age necessarily, but I certainly think it's possible that the frequency has been increasing over time. I have friends with younger siblings, and I've seen some of their lifestyles. Now, I'm no stranger to underage drinking/smoking/drugs either, and I've done my fair share, so believe me when I say I've been shocked by the intensity of some of their habits. I begin to wonder, sometimes, when considering this debate, why that is. Could it be a symptom of our society as a whole? Could it just be a localized phenomenon? Is it generational? Or is it just a fad?

Anyway, best of luck to the kids hanging their dirty underwear all over the internet.

I believe you are right. Kids are smoking weed younger than they should. I've heard of kids LOWER than 9th Grade but there's still alot of 9th Graders smoking and it's all the talk about EVEN INFRONT OF THE TEACHERS. It's the environments they are around, they may have not been raised properly and disciplined. My personal experience is that my parents did a damn good job raising me and I've got my future planned out for me. I'm currently in US Army JROTC and I will join Public Safety next year.

Parents need to discipline their children but obviously they aren't doing it. Some of the kids who smoke have deadbeat parents or they have never been there for them. Most of them will either end of in jail, shot, or die from something else. It'll be their fault and no one can change it, and my school has tried to get kids to change but they just won't listen.

Can anyone can tell what exactly is so awful about weed? it's not addictive & if you smoke it & think your addicted, you may run yourself into a wall, face first..

If anything should be made illegal, it should be alcohol.. I smoked weed loyally everyday in grade 8 right up until I was 17-18 & never did anything I wouldn't do sober.. & it didn't change anything about me, if my child came up to me & said they wanted to try it, I wouldn't be opposed..

My mom was very opposed to me smoking it, but, she told me she wanted me to do it at home in my room or outside so she knew I wasn't out doing coke or drinking, which was smart, on her part.

What saddens me is this topic is about kids smoking weed at a very young age, but what I don't see is, kids doing heavy drugs at a very young age, that I think Is a bigger problem, but I've even seen my fair share hard drugs, I've done my fair share of Exctasy, I don't do it anymore & I guess you could say my opinion on it, is somewhat the same as weed, don't push it on me & we won't have a problem, it's a little weird people do it in front of me, but, it's their habit, not mine, it's not my place to judge, nor is it anyones place in this forum.

Kmpjq5P.gif

I HATE the idea that people think marijuana is "okay" and "good". People don't seem to understand that it IS ILEGALE. I hate what is happening in CO and WA...how they are saying it is "legal" even though the federal govnerment say's it is ILEAGAL. The last thing I need is to come to school every day and deal with "high" kids. I peronally think marijuana should stay ilegal to EVERYONE. Call it what you want but it is still a drug....and drugs are bad.

Marijuana is NOT a drug. PILLS are drugs..

Think about this for a minute...EVERY 19 MIN SOMEONE DIES FROM A PILL - a LEGAL Pill.....

NOBODY HAS EVER DIED FROM MARIJUANA.

I have personally had family overdoes on pills and die from alcohol poisoning.

I also have a family member who was ruining his life because of pills and when he started smoking weed, he was able to get off the pills and live a normal life and is going great today.

Me - I have smoked week everyday for the past 3 years (or more not really sure anymore). Not something to brag about, but I have a beautiful family, a lovly wife and life is great!! ...still smoking weed daily, didnt go to harder drugs, didnt "Die" (lmfao!), and I am a responsible adult who works 45 hours a week and supports my family.

And 59% of americans agree with me..so keep listening to your parents when they say.."Drugs are bad"..but remember..Weed is NOT a drug it is a natural plant that comes from the earth, not a lab, not chemicals, NATURAL PLANTS...

I seriously think these kids are retarded, just plain retarded. Listening to Lil Wayne(idk if spellt correctly) and smoking marijuana. WTF, this generation of kids is screwed up. I see people who have smoked for years and where are they now? Dead. I don't know, I personally think living in hell would be better than this world.

Lie. Unless they died from something else....

stat.jpg

Also, I do not agree with kids doing it at all. - You should be 21 yo!!

This thread is flooded with the results of misinformation and the inability to consider an opposing side's point of view.

These are two problems which have plagued this debate as a whole from the very onset. And to be fair, that goes for both sides.

However, before this goes any further, I would like to address a few comments made so far. One is the notion that because the government says it's "bad" means it's automatically bad. That's simply foolish, and, if I can say this without sounding like an anarchist, rather sheepish behavior. I'm as much a patriot as any other citizen, but you must realize at one point in your life that there aren't absolutes, and no one is exempt from making mistakes. Two, and this is one of my favorite arguments, is the idea that "drugs are bad and marijuana is a drug and therefore marijuana is bad." I'm here to tell you that that is a complete fallacy. The word "drug" in and of itself carries no negative nor positive connotation. There are all types of drugs in the world, both good and bad. Alcohol, caffeine, penicillin, those antibiotics you take when you get sick - all drugs. So throw that one out if you're going to attempt to seriously debate this topic. Three: the low blows about "democrats" or "people who like Lil' Wayne" etc. These factors are completely incidental, and have no place in this argument. I have friends that listen to Lil' Wayne and don't smoke at all. I have friends that do too, but I also have friends that listen to Jack Johnson and smoke marijuana. These are moot points, and rather childish points to make at that.

With that said, XBR and [specifically] cp702 have made some excellent talking points, but I somehow see this topic degrading quickly.

But, to offer my two cents in regards to the OP, the answer to your question I think is impossible to find. There's a ton of reasons why people get into smoking reefer. I'd imagine the most common are peer pressure and/or the stresses of the education system. It's probably not too different from the reasons they get into drinking or smoking cigarettes. While I don't condemn the use of marijuana (and I agree that adults are free to make their own choices), I do think that smoking at such a young age is a terrible thing. At those ages, the body is still developing, and it's just reality that smoke inhalation of any kind is no good for your health, regardless of age. I grew up under a particularly interesting set of circumstances, and growing up in the 1990's I saw kids smoking (in general) from grades as low as 6th. So, I wouldn't say that it's a new thing for people to be experimenting at a young age necessarily, but I certainly think it's possible that the frequency has been increasing over time. I have friends with younger siblings, and I've seen some of their lifestyles. Now, I'm no stranger to underage drinking/smoking/drugs either, and I've done my fair share, so believe me when I say I've been shocked by the intensity of some of their habits. I begin to wonder, sometimes, when considering this debate, why that is. Could it be a symptom of our society as a whole? Could it just be a localized phenomenon? Is it generational? Or is it just a fad?

Anyway, best of luck to the kids hanging their dirty underwear all over the internet.

My God! Someone with their head on straight! Its amazing! :P

I believe you are right. Kids are smoking weed younger than they should. I've heard of kids LOWER than 9th Grade but there's still alot of 9th Graders smoking and it's all the talk about EVEN INFRONT OF THE TEACHERS. It's the environments they are around, they may have not been raised properly and disciplined. My personal experience is that my parents did a damn good job raising me and I've got my future planned out for me. I'm currently in US Army JROTC and I will join Public Safety next year.

Parents need to discipline their children but obviously they aren't doing it. Some of the kids who smoke have deadbeat parents or they have never been there for them. Most of them will either end of in jail, shot, or die from something else. It'll be their fault and no one can change it, and my school has tried to get kids to change but they just won't listen.

Ok. This has NOTHING to do with parenting, the fact that you think that makes you look very young and immature.

My mother is a WA State Drug and Alcohol Counselor, and Taught me my entire life how horrible drugs are. My parents raised me to stay away from drugs, and were great parents. Always knew where I was, Knew who i was with and Always had to be able to get a hold of me.

My parents, and most parents I knew back then had no fucking clue we were smoking weed. When my mom found out i was smoking she busted in tears and was freaking out.

I do agree that there are parents out their that are dead beat, however you should never make that assumption. Especially just cause they are smoking weed.

I HATE the idea that people think marijuana is "okay" and "good". People don't seem to understand that it IS ILEGALE. I hate what is happening in CO and WA...how they are saying it is "legal" even though the federal govnerment say's it is ILEAGAL. The last thing I need is to come to school every day and deal with "high" kids. I peronally think marijuana should stay ilegal to EVERYONE. Call it what you want but it is still a drug....and drugs are bad.  

Not sure if trolling or stupid. People will still smoke weed as long as they want to and no federal or state laws will stop them. Also weed isn't a "drug" it is a herb because it comes from a plant.

Think about this for a minute...EVERY 19 MIN SOMEONE DIES FROM A PILL - a LEGAL Pill.....

I also have a family member who was ruining his life because of pills and when he started smoking weed, he was able to get off the pills and live a normal life and is going great today.

Me - I have smoked week everyday for the past 3 years (or more not really sure anymore). Not something to brag about, but I have a beautiful family, a lovly wife and life is great!! ...still smoking weed daily, didnt go to harder drugs, didnt "Die" (lmfao!), and I am a responsible adult who works 45 hours a week and supports my family.

And 59% of americans agree with me..so keep listening to your parents when they say.."Drugs are bad"..but remember..Weed is NOT a drug it is a natural plant that comes from the earth, not a lab, not chemicals, NATURAL PLANTS...

Lie. Unless they died from something else....

stat.jpg

Also, I do not agree with kids doing it at all. - You should be 21 yo!!

My God! Someone with their head on straight! Its amazing! :P

Ok. This has NOTHING to do with parenting, the fact that you think that makes you look very young and immature.

My mother is a WA State Drug and Alcohol Counselor, and Taught me my entire life how horrible drugs are. My parents raised me to stay away from drugs, and were great parents. Always knew where I was, Knew who i was with and Always had to be able to get a hold of me.

My parents, and most parents I knew back then had no fucking clue we were smoking weed. When my mom found out i was smoking she busted in tears and was freaking out.

I do agree that there are parents out their that are dead beat, however you should never make that assumption. Especially just cause they are smoking weed.

No, as in people i know dead is from becoming addicted to marijuana and then moving on to other drugs such as heroine and meth. And i sure do hope you live in Colorado, because if you live in California your going to get busted if it is illegal, I still think people who smoke marijuana are stupid people. If I had a son or daughter and i found them smoking marijuana or having marijuana Its off to the local sheriff's station for them, and if people are using marijuana even if over 21, its still illegal in most states and at some point you will get caught. I couldn't care less about Colorado and all of that, if they want a city infested with smoke, by all means, i dont care, as long as i don't live there. I actually have a friend, or used to be friend who smokes marijuana daily and he's in a  s***hole, and a a**hole, if you didnt know marijuana kills some brain cells that are important for daily functions and learning, but it's not always marijuana that is the problem, it's the temptation to move to other dangerous drugs, thats what i mean by people dying. Im sorry if I wasn't clear enough but if you smoke, at least have a licence and smoke in private, im sure a lot of civilized people don't want to see a bunch of potheads roaming the streets.

Edited by OfficerLund

Well it's obvious what your parents brainwashed you with.. 

Why is it a bad thing you have to "deal" with stoned kids when you come out of school? & why do you "have" to deal with high kids? They are trying to make weed legal BECAUSE it doesn't pose a problem, don't get me wrong, it shouldn't be tolerated SMOKING it on school grounds just like smoking, but if a kid has it in his pocket for the walk home after school, who cares? Why should weed stay illegal? or even be illegal to begin with? I'd rather chill with a bunch of stoners rather then a bunch of uptight people my age always judging the people who smoke weed & worry about what they're doing rather then what YOUR doing, if it bothers you THAT much, you can always cross the street.

Just my $0.02

Kmpjq5P.gif

I know the pain... I am in the same situation as you... I am all the way interested in LE and then I go to school and all there is is talk of drugs, gangs, weapons, and fights... and the sad thing is that you can't do anything about it because then you get framed by the other kids and then almost get your a** beat.

RipplyTiger151
911 Dispatcher - Thin Gold Line 

Aspiring Officer - Thin Blue Line

No, as in people i know dead is from becoming addicted to marijuana and then moving on to other drugs such as heroine and meth. And i sure do hope you live in Colorado, because if you live in California your going to get busted if it is illegal, I still think people who smoke marijuana are stupid people. If I had a son or daughter and i found them smoking marijuana or having marijuana Its off to the local sheriff's station for them, and if people are using marijuana even if over 21, its still illegal in most states and at some point you will get caught. I couldn't care less about Colorado and all of that, if they want a city infested with smoke, by all means, i dont care, as long as i don't live there. I actually have a friend, or used to be friend who smokes marijuana daily and he's in a  s***hole, and a a**hole, if you didnt know marijuana kills some brain cells that are important for daily functions and learning, but it's not always marijuana that is the problem, it's the temptation to move to other dangerous drugs, thats what i mean by people dying. Im sorry if I wasn't clear enough but if you smoke, at least have a licence and smoke in private, im sure a lot of civilized people don't want to see a bunch of potheads roaming the streets.

if you didnt know marijuana kills some brain cells that are important for daily functions and learning,

REALLY? Can you show me the FACTS on that please?

Marijuana triggers neurogenesis. Layman's terms: It leads to brain cell growth.

Wait....marijuana is supposed to kill brain cells, right?

Wrong.

The roots of the marijuana-kills-brain-cells myth are deep despite the lack of credible evidence. The original study supporting this notion is questionable at best and recent research suggests exactly the opposite.

In 2005, a study showed cannabinoids' ability to promote neurogenesis in the adult hippocampus, the brain region responsible for many important brain functions including mood and memory. The authors also cited anti-anxiety and anti-depressant effects that accompany the neurogenesis. This explains why people across California, Colorado, Washington and other marijuana-friendly states often turn to the herb for a mood-boost instead of pharmaceutical drugs. It also supports research that marijuana helps improve cognitive function in bipolar disorder patients. 

TRY ACTUALLY RESEARCHING SOMETHING BEFORE YOU SPEAK.

im sure a lot of civilized people don't want to see a bunch of potheads roaming the streets.

Oh Really? Again Research little guy.

Hey guys, sorry about the terrible grammar in the title but there is a huge problem(to me) in my school. As a kid who's always been interested in LE I hate hearing about kids smoking weed and not being able to anything about about it. Now I''m not a hardass about marijuana, if ur and adult do whatever u like, but the problem is I know kids who have been smoking weed since 7th, 8th grade. I'm in 9th grade now and I'm trying to figure out why kids are smoking this early. I'm not talking about  the kids who tried it to be cool, I know kids who are regular smokers and drinkers, they post pictures and etc. Is school that stressful? Do they mainly do it to try in fit in with the upperclassmen or is it something else? I hate the idea of inhaling any kind of smoke into my lungs because 1. My dad's a cop 2. I enjoy a possible future into LE 3. It seems gross as F***. Anyway thats my rant and it kinda worries me that they are doing it this early.

Good god get past it, cops barely even care if people smoke weed they just have to enforce it. People smoke weed for millions of different reasons, a kid at my school smokes it because its the only thing that gets rid of his back pain. (its not legal in any form) People smoke it because it makes them happy, people smoke it because they like it, people smoke it because they feel like it.

Its different for everyone, if you let something this small get to you then your gonna have a bad time being a cop. I sat behind a drug dealer and his buyer in my math class and I became one of there friends, and they knew I wanted to be a cop. But can't let that stuff get in the way of it.

You shouldn't be worried about weed because its has almost no bad side effects, only reason it was banned was because of the paper company's. If anything try to stop kids from smoking cigarettes....

BTW I have never smoked weed, but I just don't see why its illegal, its not bad for you or anything.

And that right there shows how dumb our government is, if they think legalization is "okay". And what is legalization of marijuana going to do for the U.S....make more jobs in the country? Yeah, more drug dealers. The ONLY good thing i see from legalization is the tax money that it will bring in...But I still hope and prey that North Carolina never makes it legale.

Do you even know why marijuana was made illegal in the first place?

Second, it would create thousands of jobs, people would have to grow it, people would have to regulate it, people would have to sell it. How would it make more drug dealers if it became legal? If it became legal drug dealers would lose big time money. Why buy weed off of some sketchy guy off the streets when you could go to a Walmart and buy even better stuff? If the goverment made it legal it would save millions of not billions of dollars a year. Also it would cost the drug cartel a big chunk of cash.  Marijuana is there number one product which they get over 40% of there money from...

Edited by Darkangel

[u]​Click that spoiler you will not be disappointed!![/u]

[spoiler]http://www.choose.yudia.net/rickroll.swf

You've been Rick Rolled[/spoiler]

Kids in my city as low as 6th grade - high school, are smoking and drinking heavily, they smoke weed and have dealers and they smoke cigarettes daily because they are easier to access and they are cheaper, when I was in eighth grade my friends all smoked and I did too, I think that its the kids decision if he wants to continue, I chose not to. But I will smoke weed when it becomes legal here :tongue::smile: 

Kids in my school are VERY open about it. I was in my math class just a few weeks ago while the teacher was talking a few kids were talking about who they sell weed to. I could name at least 5 people off the bat that sell/smoke it. There is even worse drugs like Triple C, coke, crack, meth going around in the school locker rooms. Worst part? These kids are in 6TH TO 8TH GRADE...

Edited by TotalGamer713

P2CGzjx.png

Weed has become increasingly accepted by younger and younger age groups mainly due to technology, kids have become so accustom to a life of simplicity where things are simply happen to them with little to no effort that the moment life gets hard and confusing (ie being a teenager, hormones, "love", ect.) things that they THINK are so horrible being happening to them. So many resort to drugs and alcohol, because the newer generations are PANSIES, and believe what they see on tv and movies is what their life consists of (of course too immature to realize how trivial most situations teenagers have problems with), it is also due to peer pressure that teens cave in to with little to no effort, because again, it is a generation of PANSIES. 

And although weed is considered to have no adverse effects, I know many chronic weed smokers, and they're simply burn outs, they do not respond as quickly as most, and their deductive reasoning, critical thinking and possibly their IQ has dropped from constantly smoking.

I personally disagree with weed use, and my advice to you Blackjesus32, is stay away from it. I go to an VERY inner city school,and am nearing my completion of school, with a HUGE school population that smokes weed, drinks, deals drugs ect. , and I have the full respect of many of my peers, I play football, and run track for my school, as well as honor roll grades with advanced placement classes, and heavily involved in my schools Navy rotc, and I have never used weed or consumed excess alcohol (not trying to toot my own horn, just trying to give an example) 

I say, find an outlet to spend time in, other than drugs, its a waste of time, you can do much more productive things with your time

Like make models and textures for LCPDFR :thumbsup:  

Weed has become increasingly accepted by younger and younger age groups mainly due to technology, kids have become so accustom to a life of simplicity where things are simply happen to them with little to no effort that the moment life gets hard and confusing (ie being a teenager, hormones, "love", ect.) things that they THINK are so horrible being happening to them. So many resort to drugs and alcohol, because the newer generations are PANSIES, and believe what they see on tv and movies is what their life consists of (of course too immature to realize how trivial most situations teenagers have problems with), it is also due to peer pressure that teens cave in to with little to no effort, because again, it is a generation of PANSIES.

Because the drug use is something just of this generation...

I have just one thing to say, the few times I've drunk I've done more stupid and regrettable things that the few times I've smoke marijuana.

To claim that "No one" has ever been killed or died from marijuana is misinformative. In NC we have something called DWI (Driving While IMPARIED) now DWI means driving under the "influence" of anything, even drugs....like marijuana. Now to tell me that "NO ONE" has EVER died because of marijuana is false, and you have no right to say that because even though it may not be on file i'm sure someone, somewhere has died because of marijuana...and definitely in a car crash as the person who caused it.

If marijuana is not a drug but a plant, does that mean the cocaine is not a drug?....after all it is made from the coca plant's leaves...what you said means nothing, a drug is classified as something that causes impairment, and don't say marijuana doesn't case impairment. Even coffee, nicotine, alcohol, certain mushrooms are ALL DRUGS!

Now I do understand that alcohol is a drug, but it is legale. So far marijuana is NOT. And by definition marijuana IS A DRUG.

And I will keep listining to my parents, teachers, SRO's (School Resource Officers), and even classmates/friend, and cop friends who ALL have said that marijuana IS A DRUG! Now with that said I bet you will not change or listin to what I have to say, and that you are going to say something else that means nothing to me..... but it is what it is marijuana is a DRUG, and there is NO way you can shape it or cut it in any other direction.  

To claim that "No one" has ever been killed or died from marijuana is misinformative. In NC we have something called DWI (Driving While IMPARIED) now DWI means driving under the "influence" of anything, even drugs....like marijuana. Now to tell me that "NO ONE" has EVER died because of marijuana is false, and you have no right to say that because even though it may not be on file i'm sure someone, somewhere has died because of marijuana...and definitely in a car crash as the person who caused it.

If marijuana is not a drug but a plant, does that mean the cocaine is not a drug?....after all it is made from the coca plant's leaves...what you said means nothing, a drug is classified as something that causes impairment, and don't say marijuana doesn't case impairment. Even coffee, nicotine, alcohol, certain mushrooms are ALL DRUGS!

Now I do understand that alcohol is a drug, but it is legale. So far marijuana is NOT. And by definition marijuana IS A DRUG.

And I will keep listining to my parents, teachers, SRO's (School Resource Officers), and even classmates/friend, and cop friends who ALL have said that marijuana IS A DRUG! Now with that said I bet you will not change or listin to what I have to say, and that you are going to say something else that means nothing to me..... but it is what it is marijuana is a DRUG, and there is NO way you can shape it or cut it in any other direction.  

Well, to be fair a DUI IS driving under the influence of a SUBSTANCE, can be anything, from weed, to prescription pills, hell, it could be allergy medication that you took that has side effects, you can feel the effects of Tylenol when it kicks in & if you drive on it you ARE Driving Under The Influence everyone handles different types of Medication different or even , Marijuana is a drug because the Government says it is & it's also illegal because they Government can't tax it same with Illegal Cigarettes, they are illegal because? the Government can't tax it., plus, it's the THC in weed that's the drug that's "apparently" addictive..

Kmpjq5P.gif

Well, to be fair a DUI IS driving under the influence of a SUBSTANCE, can be anything, from weed, to prescription pills, hell, it could be allergy medication that you took that has side effects, you can feel the effects of Tylenol when it kicks in & if you drive on it you ARE Driving Under The Influence everyone handles different types of Medication different or even , Marijuana is a drug because the Government says it is & it's also illegal because they Government can't tax it same with Illegal Cigarettes, they are illegal because? the Government can't tax it., plus, it's the THC in weed that's the drug that's "apparently" addictive..

DWI means the same thing in NC. Any substance that is in your body that "impairs" you while driving is illegal and you can be chargered with DWI. But no matter what marijuana is still a drug.

DWI means the same thing in NC. Any substance that is in your body that "impairs" you while driving is illegal and you can be chargered with DWI. But no matter what marijuana is still a drug.

Weed is not a drug man, drugs are manufactured, Marijuana is grown out of the ground, of course you have the occasional butt pirate that laces it with other substances & FYI not everyone here is in the same state as you..

Kmpjq5P.gif

Weed is not a drug man, drugs are manufactured, Marijuana is grown out of the ground, of course you have the occasional butt pirate that laces it with other substances & FYI not everyone here is in the same state as you..

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0SO81RMpRdTG0MAfzxXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzcGM5bmg0BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM3MF8x/RV=2/RE=1394087373/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fen.wikipedia.org%2fwiki%2fCannabis_%28drug%29/RK=0/RS=H4ZGGB_SS12goKpajR_tbg14zv0-

Wikipedia states that it is a "drug". also they state "Unwanted side-effects can sometimes include a decrease in short-term memory, dry mouth, impaired motor skills, reddening of the eyes, and feelings of paranoia or anxiety"

I suggest that you read this. But I doubt it will change your mind.

PS: Go figure other people don't live in my state I was just telling you what DWI ment in relation to DUI....Just in case YOU didn't know

Edited by The_Admiral