Hastings

LCPDFR crahes randomly

So now it's my turn to post it.

I use LCPDFR 1.0, VdhPH, Coroner, Tow Truck mod and Traffic Flow. Oh, and a strobe mod. Also use non-ELS police cars. Just a note - all the crashes occurred when PoliceHelper was not used, so I don't think it's caused by it, but who knows.

Game crashes randomly, sometimes during an arrest, a traffic stop, a patrol. I can't figure out from the logs if it's LCPDFR-related. Looks like it tries to address to a something that doesn't exist and then crashes. I found that this may happen if the game fails to load the objects in time, and that in turn happens when the PC is low-power.

I set preload models to TRUE, didn't help much. 

Specs are as following: Intel I7 3770 3,4 Ghz

GeForce GTX 760 2 Gb

8 Ram

Wind 7 Ultimate

Game's not cracked, all the software for running GTA IV and mods is present. 

Edited by Hastings

My BEST guess is that you have too many mods installed. I would get a fresh copy of gta iv and install mods one by one, testing as you go along. once you start crashing, you'll figure out which mod crashes you :)

My BEST guess is that you have too many mods installed. I would get a fresh copy of gta iv and install mods one by one, testing as you go along. once you start crashing, you'll figure out which mod crashes you :)

Yeah, I thought the same... Or at least I thought close to that, so I removed PoliceHelper - other mods never caused any trouble, and I use them like 8 months or so. There was one nice game session yesterday with no crashes, and suddenly a few minutes ago I crashed in Broker during an ordinary chase but this time logfile had the following: 

[ERROR - 7:28:53 PM] [Main] CRITICAL ERROR DURING MAINLOOP! REPORT THIS ISSUE AT LCPDFR.COM BY INCLUDING THIS LOGFILE.

[ERROR - 7:28:53 PM] [] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at freval_132.eval_fr6(freval_202 A_0)
   at freval_37.fr0(freval_3 A_0, freval_100 A_1)
   at freval_3.eval_fr0(freval_202 A_0, freval_100 A_1)
   at freval_50.fr7(freval_202 A_0)
   at freval_3.eval_fr2(freval_202 A_0)
   at freval_37.fr8()
   at freval_27.fr8()
   at LCPD_First_Response.Engine.Main.fr2()

Never saw that before

Edited by Hastings

LCPDFR was designed to run on a vanilla game (no other mods). Unfortunately you are outside of the scope of support we can offer.

Although, car mods are really bad for causing crashes -- as the GTA engine was not made to deal with models with such a high polygon count.

I also see you have the freval error. The freval error was fixed for some users by doing this: Open up your LCPDFR.ini, look under "Main", it should look something like this by default:

[Main]
AdditionalCopCarModels=
SuspectTransporterModels=POLICE;POLICE2;PSTOCKADE;
VehicleTrunkWeapons=Shotgun_Baretta;
AllTextMode=False
AmbientScenariosMaximum=2
AmbientScenariosMultiplier=250
DepartmentName=Liberty City Police Department
DepartmentShortName=LCPD
FirstStart=True
UsingPoliceStationMod=False

Now, add to the bottom of that part

PreloadAllModels=True
The "Main" part should now look like this:

[Main]
AdditionalCopCarModels=
AllTextMode=False
DepartmentShortName=LCPD
FirstStart=True
PreloadAllModels=True

I also see you have the freval error. The freval error was fixed for some users by doing this: Open up your LCPDFR.ini, look under "Main", it should look something like this by default:

[Main]
AdditionalCopCarModels=
AllTextMode=False
DepartmentShortName=LCPD
FirstStart=True

Now, add to the bottom of that part

PreloadAllModels=True
The "Main" part should now look like this:

[Main]
AdditionalCopCarModels=
AllTextMode=False
DepartmentShortName=LCPD
FirstStart=True
PreloadAllModels=True

Forgive me my dumbness, but does that mean there should be no space between "Models" and "=" ?! Did I tell anyone I'm an idiot? :D

Indeed, no spaces and it must be written exactly like that. Otherwise it won't work. Imagine my epic facepalm when I noticed it was case-sensetive. So many topics to go back to D:

Edited by ineseri

Indeed, no spaces and it must be written exactly like that. Otherwise it won't work. Imagine my epic facepalm when I noticed it was case-sensetive. So many topics to go back to D:

Imagine what? I wrote it correctly, and have played for an hour or more even with the PoliceHelper installed, with no crashes! So you got my thanks again. 

Haha glad you got it working :) Well, now it is written correctly, I wrote it wrong in some other topics that I had to go back to and correct. lol