HankVoight

New to vehicle modding! Help please

Hey everyone,

So I decided to take the plunge today and find out how to start modding vehicles for GTA IV.

I have this one pack I want to make but have no idea where to start, what programs to use or how to get there. So I'm calling on you to give me a hand by pointing me in the right direction.

If you could it would be great! 

By the way all I want to make is a CVPI, Charger, Tahoe/Suburban/F150/ and a slick top either CVPI or charger all with a Fed Sig Vision and some grill lights and deck lights.

Hey everyone,

So I decided to take the plunge today and find out how to start modding vehicles for GTA IV.

I have this one pack I want to make but have no idea where to start, what programs to use or how to get there. So I'm calling on you to give me a hand by pointing me in the right direction.

If you could it would be great! 

By the way all I want to make is a CVPI, Charger, Tahoe/Suburban/F150/ and a slick top either CVPI or charger all with a Fed Sig Vision and some grill lights and deck lights.

Well until you get used to things I would recommend GTA IV Vehicle Mod Installer (I'll get the link shortly). It's somewhere on GTA4 Mods.com then if you planning to install pedestrians and sirens then I would use Spark IV

Well until you get used to things I would recommend GTA IV Vehicle Mod Installer (I'll get the link shortly). It's somewhere on GTA4 Mods.com then if you planning to install pedestrians and sirens then I would use Spark IV

I already know how to install mods I need to know how to make them.. I use Spark IV to install everything. I should've worded it better. My apologies.

I believe he wants to make cars, not install car mods.

Edit: Ninja'd by OP, and 1000th post!

Edited by willpv23

I believe he wants to make cars, not install car mods.

Edit: Ninja'd by OP, and 1000th post!

Congrats ;D

Ohh lol I would probably say Zmodeler then

I downloaded last night but have no clue how to use it aha, I downloaded a few unlocked models but have no idea how to import them and add the lights to it or anything D;

Yeah, your going to want to get 2.2.4 because of the Export/Import filters. But those are some good tutorials that banditsvscops posted.

I know it looks intimidating at first, but its so easy!

Yeah, your going to want to get 2.2.4 because of the Export/Import filters. But those are some good tutorials that banditsvscops posted.

I know it looks intimidating at first, but its so easy!

Okay thanks I'll go through all of those now.

Wow thank you such damn much!

Edit: Yeah nah that looks may to insane, I think I'll just ask someone to make a few vehicles for me!

Edited by Chris_Wharley

Okay thanks I'll go through all of those now.

Wow thank you such damn much!

That's alright have fun and if you want me to test your cars out when you make them send me a PM I'll quite happily test them

First things first, you gotta know how to import models properly. First, find an unlocked model of your choice. Create a folder, named after the name of the model. In that folder, put the .wft file of your unlocked model. NOT the .wtd. Extract all the textures inside the .wtd to the folder, using OpenIV or something. Also extract all the textures from inside the 'vehshare.wtd' file to your folder. That's step 1.

First things first, you gotta know how to import models properly. First, find an unlocked model of your choice. Create a folder, named after the name of the model. In that folder, put the .wft file of your unlocked model. NOT the .wtd. Extract all the textures inside the .wtd to the folder, using OpenIV or something. Also extract all the textures from inside the 'vehshare.wtd' file to your folder. That's step 1.

What is step two?