Help with an ENB

HankVoight

Hello Community I'm back with what most of you will think is probably stupid or annoying but I need some help.. So far I haven't got a decent PC and have only been using the Extra Sunny 2 setting on the trainer to make ELS lights any good but they only look realistic between 11am and 1pm and I'm really getting sick of playing with only day patrols I miss nights but if I go on night shift then my ELS lights look fucking retarted. So is there any particular mods that only enhance the ELS lights at night time? I don't care about the buildings or any of that shit like an ENB although if there are any good ENBs that will help and be able to run on a low end computer with only the LCPD:FR mod, modified police cars and a few peds and not lag me out could you tell me.. PLEASE HELP A FELLOW OUT!!

Edited by Chris_Wharley

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm. My recommendation is to play around with the file called "visualsettings.dat". Especially the emittance values. Let me know if you need help finding that file etc. 

I already have tried that but I don't know much about it..

These are the current settings.

# Other emissive lights
car.defaultlight.emissive.on 100.00
car.defaultlight.emissive.off 0.05
car.brakelight.emissive.on 18.00
car.brakelight.emissive.off 0.05
car.middlebrakelight.emissive.on 20.00
car.middlebrakelight.emissive.off 0.05
car.reversinglight.emissive.on 18.00
car.reversinglight.emissive.off 0.10
car.extralight.emissive.on 90.00
car.extralight.emissive.off 0.05

As I said they look great at around 12pm but the rest of the time they look terrible and unrealistic 

Edited by Chris_Wharley

Realistic Time Cyc V5 might work. It's not an ENB but it does look good.

You could also look around for an ENB for low end PC's, Just google it and some should come up (you might need to test a few out so make sure you back up your files first)

If you want to me reply as soon as possible, then either quote or @CouthInk4  me as i'll be notified, a general reply will not notify me

Check out my YouTube channel!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXj0EXXJfERhPJTROHY6Ma

Untitled.png

Do they look ok without the enb? (Truth to be told, I am not much of a ENB expert). 

I don't have an ENB installed, I'm only using the Extra Sunny selection of the trainer under "weather"  then I just change the time to mid day as every other time looks shit. Those photos were just stock standard game visual settings (besides ELS visual settings.dat)

Realistic Time Cyc V5 might work. It's not an ENB but it does look good.

You could also look around for an ENB for low end PC's, Just google it and some should come up (you might need to test a few out so make sure you back up your files first)

Okay I'll try out both options thanks!

If you want bright lights, you could use the radiance mod, there is a setting for bright or very bright. I used that with the realistic time cyc v5 and it looked good.

If you want to me reply as soon as possible, then either quote or @CouthInk4  me as i'll be notified, a general reply will not notify me

Check out my YouTube channel!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXj0EXXJfERhPJTROHY6Ma

Untitled.png

If you want bright lights, you could use the radiance mod, there is a setting for bright or very bright. I used that with the realistic time cyc v5 and it looked good.

I don't think it's how bright they are, it's more or less how blury they look as in the screen shots on the original post the lights look extremely blury, almost like thick + 's and it just looks crap -_-

I will however has a go at this radiance mod!

Then it could be the visual settings again..

Try setting

car.defaultlight.emissive.on 100.00

to

car.defaultlight.emissive.on 140.00

Okay I'll try that

If you look at this link it goes to one of the latest gallery images.. That is how I want my lights to look!!

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

I'm pretty sure you can only get your lights like that via an ENB.

You can check here - http://www.gta4-mods.com/search/ENB

Find an ENB that you like that is in the low to medium range and try it out.

Untitled.png

I'm pretty sure you can only get your lights like that via an ENB.

You can check here - http://www.gta4-mods.com/search/ENB

Find an ENB that you like that is in the low to medium range and try it out.

Okay so I tried out a few of the low to mid range ENB's and none of them were focused on ELS lights :( 

So far only the RTC V5 has been any good